Clubs

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

wow!!! nice .

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO WILDTRAK, 992 TURBO S, TESLA MODEL X
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great! just when I thought I'm done modding.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks good but I sure hope they come with mudflaps.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly what the Bronco Raptor fenders should have looked like...
Agreed!

Although these fender flares aren't 50 state legal, so it wouldn't have worked. BUT I do think Ford still could have done a better job.

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks good but I sure hope they come with mudflaps.
Good point! Wonder what works with them…? Not that I’m dropping that much cheddar in the Bronco anytime soon.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Although these fender flares aren't 50 state legal, so it wouldn't have worked. BUT I do think Ford still could have done a better job.
What? Where and why would these be illegal?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What? Where and why would these be illegal?
In some states, automobile manufacturers cannot legally sell vehicles that have "poke"—the fender has to fully cover the tire. In most states the fender has to cover the tread of the tire... which effectively lets you have 1 - 2" of poke depending on the tire. Some only prevent new vehicles from being sold in that configuration, but allow owners to modify their vehicles to have poke. Some states require mud flaps for vehicles over a certain height or width.

Blah blah, etc. etc... varies widely by state. Hence why the Bronco Raptor has wide fenders... they gotta make it 50-state legal.

The only state I am aware of that has no laws regarding tire poke is Louisiana.

EDIT: In my state (Connecticut) the law is the following...

(a) No person shall operate on any public highway any motor vehicle with a passenger or commercial registration which is not equipped with fenders on all wheels which come into contact with the highway unless the body of the vehicle or attachments thereto afford adequate protection to effectively minimize the spray or splash of water or mud to the rear of the vehicle.

(b) No person shall operate or cause to be operated any bus, truck, truck-tractor, full trailer or semitrailer of registered gross weight exceeding three tons on any public highway unless the same is equipped with suitable metal protectors or substantial flexible flaps behind the rearmost wheels, and, in case the rear wheels are not covered at the top and rear by fender, body or other parts of the vehicle, the rear wheels shall be covered at the top and rear by protective means of such standard type or design and so installed as to reduce, as far as practicable, such wheels from throwing dirt, water or other materials on the windshields of following vehicles, except in cases in which the motor vehicle is so designed and constructed that the above requirements are accomplished by reason of the fender or body construction or other means of enclosure.

(c) Violation of any provision of this section shall be an infraction.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In some states, automobile manufacturers cannot legally sell vehicles that have "poke"—the fender has to fully cover the tire. In most states the fender has to cover the tread of the tire... which effectively lets you have 1 - 2" of poke depending on the tire. Some only prevent new vehicles from being sold in that configuration, but allow owners to modify their vehicles to have poke. Some states require mud flaps for vehicles over a certain height or width.

Blah blah, etc. etc... varies widely by state. Hence why the Bronco Raptor has wide fenders... they gotta make it 50-state legal.

What you're describing is an issue with the chosen wheel backspace, not the fender. Those wheels are probably running 3.5/4" of BS. Running a wheel with higher BS would fix the tire coverage. There's nothing wrong with the fenders themselves. Run these wheels on a stock Bronco Raptor and you'd have the same tire coverage issue.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you're describing is an issue with the chosen wheel backspace, not the fender. Those wheels are probably running 3.5/4" of BS. Running a wheel with higher BS would fix the tire coverage. There's nothing wrong with the fenders themselves. Run these wheels on a stock Bronco Raptor and you'd have the same tire coverage issue.
Yes, that's true, I should have been clearer. The fenders themselves are not illegal in a vacuum.

I was just saying (or trying to say) that these fenders would not work with the Bronco Raptor due to its wide stance.

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok. Cool. Thank you. They just looked like they’d cover Sasquatch tires so I figured they’d be as legal as models with the Sasquatch fender flares.

Victoryengineer

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kubota 7040, Polaris 570, Victory MC, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just happened to look on their website this morning and saw those. Much better at giving tire coverage. Has me giving second thoughts to trading up for the Bronco Raptor.
Lol, it takes a great deal more than fenders to make a regular Bronco a Bronco Raptor.

6gtexanbronco

Raptor
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Raptor, '74 Wagoneer, '20 Navi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lol, it takes a great deal more than fenders to make a regular Bronco a Bronco Raptor.
Lol. For sure. I am sure I will be hooked when it comes in, but these fenders sure make it look a hell of a lot better.

Victoryengineer

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kubota 7040, Polaris 570, Victory MC, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lol. For sure. I am sure I will be hooked when it comes in, but these fenders sure make it look a hell of a lot better.
I like the ADV fenders too. I'm happy for the fenders that are coming on the BRaptor (function over form), but the ADV fenders do look real nice.
Sponsored