Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We have a core built into the laminate. The sound deadening headliner is on the external of the top (Top of the roof on the interior)
So does the headliner actually make a significant difference then?

Sponsored

redflipppper`

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX 3.0 HOSS, 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you, we spent a lot of time on this hardtop and are very excited about it!
Top looks good, how is the water entry into the open window areas with no rain gutters directly above the windows? Washer motor looks like it creates blind spot how is that from the driver seat backing or on the trail?

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Top looks good, how is the water entry into the open window areas with no rain gutters directly above the windows? Washer motor looks like it creates blind spot how is that from the driver seat backing or on the trail?
Wiper motor is not an issue in my opinion, it does not affect visibility by much. We have not had any issues with water in the window areas.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wiper motor is not an issue in my opinion, it does not affect visibility by much. We have not had any issues with water in the window areas.
Put this idea and feedback around the prototyping table. Solving what seems to be a major blackout section to accommodate the wiper motor right in the sight line would be a huge win. It's like how Ford figured out how to move the mirrors to the chassis and off the door and how to do frameless doors that store in the truck. Its round table feedback from owners land on excellent results. The Jeep Recon is a total dive into many of the things Ford did with the Bronco.

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Put this idea and feedback around the prototyping table. Solving what seems to be a major blackout section to accommodate the wiper motor right in the sight line would be a huge win. It's like how Ford figured out how to move the mirrors to the chassis and off the door and how to do frameless doors that store in the truck. Its round table feedback from owners land on excellent results. The Jeep Recon is a total dive into many of the things Ford did with the Bronco.
We will take a video/picture in the coming weeks to show that it is not much of a visibility issue.

Sponsored

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you know how much the hard top prep kit costs and if it is actually available from Ford? Do we get it from dealers? I'd hate to order the ADV top and not be able to install it because I cant get the prep kit.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you know how much the hard top prep kit costs and if it is actually available from Ford? Do we get it from dealers? I'd hate to order the ADV top and not be able to install it because I cant get the prep kit.
Not sure it’s that easy, you have to add rear wiper controls and reprogram the module too.

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure it’s that easy, you have to add rear wiper controls and reprogram the module too.
That's what I'm worried about. I don't want to spend all this money and not have the prep kit available or the roof not fully, perfectly functional. But there are a lot of us with soft tops who don't have prep kits, so I'm sure ADV has thought this through.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's what I'm worried about. I don't want to spend all this money and not have the prep kit available or the roof not fully, perfectly functional. But there are a lot of us with soft tops who don't have prep kits, so I'm sure ADV has thought this through.
They mentioned at one point that they planned on building a kit...but, the roof itself has taken 4 months longer to get to customers. So, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Here is a thread that's started about how to DIY:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/diy-hard-top-prep-kit.50720/

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They mentioned at one point that they planned on building a kit...but, the roof itself has taken 4 months longer to get to customers. So, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Here is a thread that's started about how to DIY:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/diy-hard-top-prep-kit.50720/
I started reading threads on this and it looks like it’s been more like 1-2 years late. I wouldn’t put too much stock in them making an aftermarket prep kit for it anytime soon.
Sponsored