Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My impression is if you ordered a soft top you might not get the bracket kit necessary for mounting a HT of any kind, so either get that from FORD or ADV. They did tell me the will offer this bracket kit. As for wiper, I’d argue get rid of it. It’s a bigger box in your view cuz ADV’s is on top of window. Sure it functions better and doesn’t collect snow, etc but I had same on my 4Runner and never really used it..With gear, shelves, etc inside I couldn’t use the rear window for viewing anyway. Use mirrors.

My biggest concern is listening to so many complaints about waiting for so long on a promise but still no real life experience beyond the demo video. I’d like to see a side by side comparison of materials, cross section cuts, durability, sound deadening, etc etc. Something that does not just bash the MIC, but a fair non-bias comparison. Else I won’t risk a $7K investment just to find out it’s crap.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My impression is if you ordered a soft top you might not get the bracket kit necessary for mounting a HT of any kind, so either get that from FORD or ADV. They did tell me the will offer this bracket kit.
Not able to mount a hard top? That doesn't make any sense. MAYBE early builds in 2021 that was before the prep kit I could see. But anything after should be fine. I have metal brackets installed at the B pillar that I imagine are for a hard top, and many folks have swapped out soft tops for MIC.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not able to mount a hard top? That doesn't make any sense. MAYBE early builds in 2021 that was before the prep kit I could see. But anything after should be fine. I have metal brackets installed at the B pillar that I imagine are for a hard top, and many folks have swapped out soft tops for MIC.
ADV showed my this pic and said “that is the bracket”

CF43BBD9-95EA-4054-8550-F7B0F10CA376.jpeg

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ADV showed my this pic and said “that is the bracket”

Ford Bronco ADV Prototype Hardtop - Detailed Pictures & Videos CF43BBD9-95EA-4054-8550-F7B0F10CA376
That's the bracket I was referring to above - Is this not for the hard top? I don't have a MIC top, so I'm just assuming as it doesn't seem to serve any other purpose.

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the bracket I was referring to above - Is this not for the hard top? I don't have a MIC top, so I'm just assuming as it doesn't seem to serve any other purpose.
That’s my point..If you were forced to convert to soft top or simply have a ST now and want to switch, you need this bracket and possibly does not come in a box or whatever with your ST purchase.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s my point..If you were forced to convert to soft top or simply have a ST now and want to switch, you need this bracket and possibly does not come in a box or whatever with your ST purchase.
But if your build was after Sept 2021 - they all have it.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But if your build was after Sept 2021 - they all have it.
Yeah, I’m assuming that’s another part of the prep kit.

Sponsored

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going from soft top to hard top requires no additional brackets or other hardware as long as it’s new enough to have the prep kit. Going from hard top to factory soft top, though, you’ll need center brackets and side window tracks (not sure what they’re called)

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you know how much the hard top prep kit costs and if it is actually available from Ford? Do we get it from dealers? I'd hate to order the ADV top and not be able to install it because I cant get the prep kit.
Is your Bronco pre 9/2021?
If not you already have the hardtop prep kit installed which includes all the necessary mounts and connections to install a MIC or aftermarket hardtop.

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I started reading threads on this and it looks like it’s been more like 1-2 years late. I wouldn’t put too much stock in them making an aftermarket prep kit for it anytime soon.
1-2 years late is incorrect. Pre-orders started 2/28/2022. Original timelines to start shipping hardtops was August for one-pieces and September for Modular. We are currently 5 months late, which yes, is not ideal. However we took our time to perfect the top and we are very certain that our product is leaps ahead anything else in the market. We (just like all other companies in the world) have been fighting supply chain issues. We are finally at the 99 yard line and just currently waiting on rubber before we can start final assembly. As for the hardtop prep kit, that has been put to the side for now until the hardtop pre-orders are fulfilled. We will re-visit that at a later date.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone here have an idea of how much it’ll cost to get the one piece top painted?

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1-2 years late is incorrect. Pre-orders started 2/28/2022. Original timelines to start shipping hardtops was August for one-pieces and September for Modular. We are currently 5 months late, which yes, is not ideal. However we took our time to perfect the top and we are very certain that our product is leaps ahead anything else in the market. We (just like all other companies in the world) have been fighting supply chain issues. We are finally at the 99 yard line and just currently waiting on rubber before we can start final assembly. As for the hardtop prep kit, that has been put to the side for now until the hardtop pre-orders are fulfilled. We will re-visit that at a later date.
Does ADV know if Ford has the hardtop prep kits available? For those of us who have to buy the kits, could you please describe how will we activate the rear wiper and the rear defrost? Thank you.
Sponsored