Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever the justification is doesn't justify 6 grand. That's way overpriced and people shouldn't pay it. Something like this should be no more than $3500.
You say that now, but when the oem hard top is available to purchase from ford it will be over $10k . So really the adv hard top is a much better deal.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You clearly didnā€™t read the earlier messages in this thread nor do you understand my point number two at all. SMH.
I missed your other message. Apologies. If we are going to roll with snarky repliesā€¦.. you clearly donā€™t understand the nuances of designing something to be better than the original. Five minutes on this board and you can easily find a pile of problems associated with that design, tons of leak, squeak and rattle points not to mention huge questions about the long term durability. If you had read through the messages you would have noticed ADVā€™s mission statement about not copying a bad designā€¦ā€¦.. just saying.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks very high quality. Hat tip to your engineers and designers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

can you post sound pressure comparison between the stock and your hard top (and soft too would be nice)?
We will do a decibel test with a production unit on a fully stock bronco. Our shop bronco is WAY too modified to provide the correct decibel reading. However switching from the soft top to our hardtop is a VERY noticeable difference.

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@ADV Fiberglass is this a single layer fiberglass layup or are you using sandwich/composite double layer layup?
Manufacturing process (including layup information) is our proprietary information. We can say that we found a BIG issue with the factory laminate schedule and we improved tremendously from what they were doing to offer a product that will last longer.

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks nice. Will be very interested in the decibel comparison as that (and Cleveland snow) will be the reason driving a potential purchase.

One question/potential issue: rear view visibility is already compromised secondary to the spare. The superiorly mounted wiper seems clever, but does it further impact visibility?
You can still easily see out of the rear window. It does not affect visibility enough to be an issue.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The slanted back isnā€™t for me as I think it disrupts the lines of the vehicle.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The slanted back isnā€™t for me as I think it disrupts the lines of the vehicle.
I think it's just the right amount of slant.
I've got a 150 pound Malamute, and didn't want to give up too much rear space.
I've seen some of the other renderings from different companies, as well as the Bestop soft top and thought they all compromised the space in the rear way too much.
This one looks perfect to me, but we all have our own opinions...

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I missed your other message. Apologies. If we are going to roll with snarky repliesā€¦.. you clearly donā€™t understand the nuances of designing something to be better than the original. Five minutes on this board and you can easily find a pile of problems associated with that design, tons of leak, squeak and rattle points not to mention huge questions about the long term durability. If you had read through the messages you would have noticed ADVā€™s mission statement about not copying a bad designā€¦ā€¦.. just saying.
I've already know the problems with the OEM design and I already saw ADV's statement about not copying the OEM design. Both those were besides the point. Regardless of me knowing those issues, it is STILL a hard decision as that OEM functionality is something I value even in the face of ADV's superior product. The whole point of my original post....................................just saying..

Broncosx2

Outer Banks
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did I catch in a prior post the final product will be painted? So essentially painted Black, or white, or primer? If so, I think that will make it look even nicer and easier to wash.

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did I catch in a prior post the final product will be painted? So essentially painted Black, or white, or primer? If so, I think that will make it look even nicer and easier to wash.
The tops will come Black UV Textured (Painted), White UV Textured (Painted), and High Build Primer.
Sponsored