Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In this video we compare a Ford Bronco Factory OEM hardtop with our Aftermarket Hard Top.

Highlights

⚡Our hardtop comes in textured black to match the Bronco trim or in a primed finish for painting, while the OEM hardtop is only available in gray
💪 Our hardtop is stronger because the rear section is one consistent panel, while the OEM hardtop is four pieces that flex
🔒 Our hardtop has a rubber seal for complete and consistent sealing, while OEM hardtop has gaps that create airflow and moisture
🚗 Our hardtop has the wiper washer assembly in a better location to reduce stress on components, while the factory hardtop stresses components
💦 OEM hardtop can have issues with moisture entering the laminate and paper core, causing mold and separation, while our hardtop uses closed cell foam to prevent these issues

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In this video we compare a Ford Bronco Factory OEM hardtop with our Aftermarket Hard Top.

Highlights

⚡Our hardtop comes in textured black to match the Bronco trim or in a primed finish for painting, while the OEM hardtop is only available in gray
💪 Our hardtop is stronger because the rear section is one consistent panel, while the OEM hardtop is four pieces that flex
🔒 Our hardtop has a rubber seal for complete and consistent sealing, while OEM hardtop has gaps that create airflow and moisture
🚗 Our hardtop has the wiper washer assembly in a better location to reduce stress on components, while the factory hardtop stresses components
💦 OEM hardtop can have issues with moisture entering the laminate and paper core, causing mold and separation, while our hardtop uses closed cell foam to prevent these issues

Ford Bronco ADV vs OEM Hardtop Comparison 20220929_162238_IMG_8013.PNG

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about accessories such as the Sunrider or Skyrider? Do they still fit?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about accessories such as the Sunrider or Skyrider? Do they still fit?
The one that goes over the front and rear passengers will not fit because ADV’s is 3 section roof, not 4 like OEM

Last edited:

Sponsored

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's gonna be a no from me, dawg. OEM hard top alll the way.

But nice try and interesting marketing approach considering folks have been so quick to point out the flaws and disadvantages of the ADV top.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's gonna be a no from me, dawg. OEM hard top alll the way.

But nice try and interesting marketing approach considering folks have been so quick to point out the flaws and disadvantages of the ADV top.
Not sure what flaws and disadvantages you are referring to, but I'd prefer the ADV closed cell foam interior construction. I guess we'll see over time how the ADV holds up, but the OEM top clearly has had issues. Questionable what Ford and Webasto were thinking with some of the design and material choices.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"OEM colors aren't consistent, I've seen many broncos"
*Shows one Bronco for 5 seconds*
then changes trajectory lol.

I get what you're selling, and I like it, but the us vs. them is kinda moot, I think.

Sponsored

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Biggest advantage to the OEM top is that it's paid for and on my Bronco.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It all comes down to $$$
Agreed. I prefer my soft top over any hard top, but if there was a cheap alternative I could slap on for family trips that I could mount a luggage box to the top I would consider having it hang in my garage 98% of the year.

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure what flaws and disadvantages you are referring to, but I'd prefer the ADV closed cell foam interior construction. I guess we'll see over time how the ADV holds up, but the OEM top clearly has had issues. Questionable what Ford and Webasto were thinking with some of the design and material choices.

Cons of the ADV top:

1) its not 4 pieces and way less modular... (biggest blunder here)
- you can only remove the front row or the whole thing
- design limits compatibility with other aftermarket accessories
- not able to remove the front and second row (leaving cargo area covered)
- not able to cover the front two rows (leaving just the cargo area exposed)
- the 4 piece design is what makes the Bronco top superior to the Wrangler, yet they decided to go with the Jeep approach which is actually the #1 reason most hardtop Jeep owners rarely remove the top (the combined 2nd row/cargo area is more difficult to manage)

2) fit issues (alignment of the panels and seals) is mediocre compared to factory (not surprising considering their fender fitments)

3) "splotchy" inconsistent finish all over the panels (if the best ones they are publicizing photos of look like that, can you imagine what the worst ones will look like?)

They should stick to marketing this for what it is. A consolation prize for folks who couldn't get a factory top and are wiling to live with something that has functionality drawbacks.

Attempting this spin of trying to market this as a superior product is going to backfire (as already evidenced here).

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think that video is kind of backwards: the very first thing they should focus on is the foam core, as opposed to the cardboard core of the OEM. A cardboard core on a top that could easily incur damage .... that's troubling. That alone would make me consider the ADV top.

I just don't love the design of the ADV top though. The single large piece (instead of removable 2nd-row piece) is a mistake, IMO. I don't know why (1) I would want a less modular top, and (2) I'd want a top that requires handling and then storing larger pieces, when I take them off.

I'm also not a big fan of the slant back. That's just my opinion, of course.
Sponsored