Sponsored

Advanced 4x4 being forced, Part-Time 4x4 not allowed on Black Diamond?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone put their order in with their dealership and found out that there is no way to place your order without the Advanced 4x4 option added? I was told that this is because the trim level Series Codes are the same code for Part-Time 4x4 and Advance 4x4. But Advance 4x4 is being charged even though I don't need/want it.

Looking at the price list and series codes, BD 2DR and BD 2DR Advance 4x4 are both listed as E5A, and same thing when adding Mid (222A according to model list 322A according to package list), both are listed as E5C.

So, on my build, I want BD 2DR with Mid. Dealership says the order must go in (for now at least) as E5C Black Diamond 2DR Advanced 4x4, with an MSRP of $38,440. Math on that is $36,050 base + $1,595 auto + $795 advance. Add the mid package (322A @ $1,495) and you get $39,935 total MSRP.

When I do my build on B&P, it does let me build the BD 2DR with Mid Package without the Advance 4x4. MSRP breakdown as follows: $36,050 base + $1,595 auto + $1,495 mid = $39,140 total MSRP.

Difference in MSRP between dealership order and B&P is $795. Is anyone having this experience, unable to order without the Advance 4x4 and getting charged for it?
Sponsored

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has anyone put their order in with their dealership and found out that there is no way to place your order without the Advanced 4x4 option added? I was told that this is because the trim level Series Codes are the same code for Part-Time 4x4 and Advance 4x4. But Advance 4x4 is being charged even though I don't need/want it.

Looking at the price list and series codes, BD 2DR and BD 2DR Advance 4x4 are both listed as E5A, and same thing when adding Mid (222A according to model list 322A according to package list), both are listed as E5C.

So, on my build, I want BD 2DR with Mid. Dealership says the order must go in (for now at least) as E5C Black Diamond 2DR Advanced 4x4, with an MSRP of $38,440. Math on that is $36,050 base + $1,595 auto + $795 advance. Add the mid package (322A @ $1,495) and you get $39,935 total MSRP.

When I do my build on B&P, it does let me build the BD 2DR with Mid Package without the Advance 4x4. MSRP breakdown as follows: $36,050 base + $1,595 auto + $1,495 mid = $39,140 total MSRP.

Difference in MSRP between dealership order and B&P is $795. Is anyone having this experience, unable to order without the Advance 4x4 and getting charged for it?
One of the dealers I'm talking to said that when they tried to add the Advanced 4x4 on the BD the system forced the addition of the Sasquatch package....

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed. WBDO sounds like its all screwed up. I'm not confirming my order just yet because I assume either it will get fixed, or we will get some communication at some point saying that 4x4 options have changed for certain trim levels.
Same here - apparently picking the Mid Package Equipment Group is forcing Sasquatch on the Big Bend trim too. I'm definitely gonna let that all sort itself out before I convert my reservation.

Sponsored

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, I had this experience too, but I wanted it so didn't ask too many questions. I thought I had read somewhere that it was only available if you got Sasquatch.

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, I had this experience too, but I wanted it so didn't ask too many questions. I thought I had read somewhere that it was only available if you got Sasquatch.
Yeah, at least for today's purposes I was told that there's a difference for this item between how it appears on the B&P and how it appears in the WBDO.

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking the BD might force advanced 4x4 due to extra goat modes needing it.
You might be onto something there. Maybe Rock Crawl mode uses it to control the power to each of the front tires but I thought I remember seeing in some video that when you switch over to Rock Crawl it automatically engages 4L. Can't find the video now but it may have been a Sport Badlands?

If I am remembering correctly, seems weird that 4A is required for the additional GOAT mode because 4A really only use a combo of 2H and 4H as needed, but 4A never actually engages 4L. Idk, maybe I am remembering wrong, and even more likely, I'm not fulling understanding how 4A works vs part-time 4x4 so I don't really know what options could make it required or why.

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was this video:

Near the end he switches into Rock Crawl and it only allows 4L. Doesnt rule out that 4A is required for the Black Diamond's GOAT modes, but makes it seem unlikely.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, as I want it so issue here, but I was questioning the E5C for both with and without the advanced 4x4.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"Has anyone put their order in with their dealership and found out that there is no way to place your order without the Advanced 4x4 option added? " YES there is. I ordered yesterday. I WANT the Advanced 4X4 option. After they printed out the order I noticed they had the wrong code down and it was not on my order.......I had them change it to E5C so that I got the Advanced 4X4 option. I no longer have the "incorrect" order sheet so I do not recall what code it was. It may have been E5A. I do have the Mid Package, 10 speed, non-squatch.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"Has anyone put their order in with their dealership and found out that there is no way to place your order without the Advanced 4x4 option added? " YES there is. I ordered yesterday. I WANT the Advanced 4X4 option. After they printed out the order I noticed they had the wrong code down and it was not on my order.......I had them change it to E5C so that I got the Advanced 4X4 option. I no longer have the "incorrect" order sheet so I do not recall what code it was. It may have been E5A. I do have the Mid Package, 10 speed, non-squatch.
What did it do to MSRP when it went from E5A to E5C?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

See under: why wait a bit longer to order? (So the dealers can figure out the system...)

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

See under: why wait a bit longer to order? (So the dealers can figure out the system...)
I had planned on waiting to order but got the call it was my turn. So I have the order started, just told them not to submit the order and leave as is for now until more info is known or bugs are worked out.
Sponsored