Sponsored

Advanced 4x4 being forced, Part-Time 4x4 not allowed on Black Diamond?

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD has 4 codes, E5A, B, C, and D. 2 door/ 4 Door advanced 4x4 or no advanced 4x4.
5A and 5C are on both regular and advanced. The only differences in the lines is Mid or standard packages
Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Look at the BD 2 door, 2 lines for E5C, different options, confusing.
ohhh...i see what your looking at...you are looking at the price list...Im going off the order guide...that is confusing

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s what I have to work with lol. So in the guide C and A is the difference between standard and advanced?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One of the dealers I'm talking to said that when they tried to add the Advanced 4x4 on the BD the system forced the addition of the Sasquatch package....
I ordered a 2 door black diamond Wednesday non squatch and had no problem getting the advanced 4x4 added evrything me and my salesman went threw got added with out any problems

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I ordered a 2 door black diamond Wednesday non squatch and had no problem getting the advanced 4x4 added evrything me and my salesman went threw got added with out any problems
Excellent to hear...I'm looking at the 4 door version, but good to know! ?

Sponsored

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone put their order in with their dealership and found out that there is no way to place your order without the Advanced 4x4 option added? I was told that this is because the trim level Series Codes are the same code for Part-Time 4x4 and Advance 4x4. But Advance 4x4 is being charged even though I don't need/want it.

Looking at the price list and series codes, BD 2DR and BD 2DR Advance 4x4 are both listed as E5A, and same thing when adding Mid (222A according to model list 322A according to package list), both are listed as E5C.

So, on my build, I want BD 2DR with Mid. Dealership says the order must go in (for now at least) as E5C Black Diamond 2DR Advanced 4x4, with an MSRP of $38,440. Math on that is $36,050 base + $1,595 auto + $795 advance. Add the mid package (322A @ $1,495) and you get $39,935 total MSRP.

When I do my build on B&P, it does let me build the BD 2DR with Mid Package without the Advance 4x4. MSRP breakdown as follows: $36,050 base + $1,595 auto + $1,495 mid = $39,140 total MSRP.

Difference in MSRP between dealership order and B&P is $795. Is anyone having this experience, unable to order without the Advance 4x4 and getting charged for it?
I get there is a cost difference but trust me you will favor the advanced 4x4 capability. I live in Fl and when it rains heavy and there is standing water on the highway I can switch to 4A at speed in my Raptor. Makes a HUGE difference in traction and worth the upgrade in my opinion.

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had planned on waiting to order but got the call it was my turn. So I have the order started, just told them not to submit the order and leave as is for now until more info is known or bugs are worked out.
So you let the dealer force you into coming in because “It was your Turn”. First mistake, never let the dealer dictate to you when you come in, you are the customer! My dealer sent out a schedule from 19 Jan-19 Mar and allowed the customer to pick a day and time to come in to place their order when it was convenient for them and they were ready.

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get there is a cost difference but trust me you will favor the advanced 4x4 capability. I live in Fl and when it rains heavy and there is standing water on the highway I can switch to 4A at speed in my Raptor. Makes a HUGE difference in traction and worth the upgrade in my opinion.
Thanks for the advice. I've been contemplating keeping the 4A but haven't been able to decide. I live in MN so we get lots of snow. Maybe a dumb question, but wouldn't 4H do fine instead of 4A, or is it not recommended to drive in 4H at highway speeds?

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So you let the dealer force you into coming in because “It was your Turn”. First mistake, never let the dealer dictate to you when you come in, you are the customer! My dealer sent out a schedule from 19 Jan-19 Mar and allowed the customer to pick a day and time to come in to place their order when it was convenient for them and they were ready.
It was all done over the phone, didnt have to go anywhere. Covid times, who goes places anymore? Lol And the guy was super nice and understanding about waiting to finalize. Im actually glad this came up now and not closer to the order deadline if I would have waited to even start the order.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That’s what I have to work with lol. So in the guide C and A is the difference between standard and advanced?
Just ran some scenarios for you in WBDO (all 2DR, BD, Mid, Auto)...

E5A, 2.3 - WBDO shows no SAS option
E5A, 2.7 - WBDO shows no SAS option

E5C, 2.3 Advanced - WBDO shows SAS as an option: w/ SAS, MSRP = $45925 with dest, w/o SAS $41430 with dest

E5C, 2.7 Advanced - WBDO shows SAS as an option: w/ SAS, MSRP = $47820 with dest, w/o SAS $43325 with dest

hope this help...if u need me to run more scenarios let me know

Sponsored

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the advice. I've been contemplating keeping the 4A but haven't been able to decide. I live in MN so we get lots of snow. Maybe a dumb question, but wouldn't 4H do fine instead of 4A, or is it not recommended to drive in 4H at highway speeds?
4A has a differential between the front and rear output in the transfer case, 4H does not. 4A is like an all wheel drive and can be used on dry non slippery surface like dry pavement, 4H locks the front and rear output together, using it on non slippery surface put's a lot of strain on the drive train and steering. 4A is just easier on the vehicle and can be used all the time if needed. The advanced 4x4 also makes it nice with the shift on the fly ability.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just ran some scenarios for you in WBDO (all 2DR, BD, Mid, Auto)...

E5A, 2.3 - WBDO shows no SAS option
E5A, 2.7 - WBDO shows no SAS option

E5C, 2.3 Advanced - WBDO shows SAS as an option: w/ SAS, MSRP = $45925 with dest, w/o SAS $41430 with dest

E5C, 2.7 Advanced - WBDO shows SAS as an option: w/ SAS, MSRP = $47820 with dest, w/o SAS $43325 with dest

hope this help...if u need me to run more scenarios let me know
Very much so. We can delete the last 3 pages now ? the 2.3 pricing, was that for 7mt or 10a? Last question I swear! ???

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will say, 6g is very fortunate to have a good network of dealers among its members that are willing to take the time and make sure we are getting everything we want on these things, even if we aren’t a direct customer. Kudos to you, @DealerInsider, your knowledge and help is very much appreciated.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Very much so. We can delete the last 3 pages now ? the 2.3 pricing, was that for 7mt or 10a? Last question I swear! ???
ask away lol...they were all 10-speeds...if u need me to build a manual and send you a DORA, DM me all the specs you want and ill but it together for u

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You want the 4A in MN. Sure, you can switch back and forth manually (when you remember) but why?
Sponsored