Sponsored

Advanced 4x4 being forced, Part-Time 4x4 not allowed on Black Diamond?

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ask away lol...they were all 10-speeds...if u need me to build a manual and send you a DORA, DM me all the specs you want and ill but it together for u
I should be good, just basically deduct the 1600 and it puts me there. Thanks again for taking the time to research that for me!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4A has a differential between the front and rear output in the transfer case, 4H does not. 4A is like an all wheel drive and can be used on dry non slippery surface like dry pavement, 4H locks the front and rear output together, using it on non slippery surface put's a lot of strain on the drive train and steering. 4A is just easier on the vehicle and can be used all the time if needed. The advanced 4x4 also makes it nice with the shift on the fly ability.
I think you've convinced me its worth the money. For both safety and long term wear and tear reasons. Just let me know where to send your commission check haha. Thanks for the easy to understand explanation. Actually turned out to be a good thing that this issue came up, I was never really considering the 4A and just planned to use 4H if it starts dumping snow.

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think you've convinced me its worth the money. For both safety and long term wear and tear reasons. Just let me know where to send your commission check haha. Thanks for the easy to understand explanation. Actually turned out to be a good thing that this issue came up, I was never really considering the 4A and just planned to use 4H if it starts dumping snow.
To be honest I didn't understand how useful it was until I had it on my Raptor. Now that I have had it and use it, its worth it in my opinion. In 2H the raptor spins the tires when I am honestly not trying to and pushing through standing water on the highway at 70 mph is completely not an issue when I switch to 4A. It doesn't even pull to one side or the other, just tracks straight. Paired with the fact I can switch to 4A at speed without an issue makes it worth it to me. Hope you enjoy it and find it as useful as I have ?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Has anyone put their order in with their dealership and found out that there is no way to place your order without the Advanced 4x4 option added? " YES there is. I ordered yesterday. I WANT the Advanced 4X4 option. After they printed out the order I noticed they had the wrong code down and it was not on my order.......I had them change it to E5C so that I got the Advanced 4X4 option. I no longer have the "incorrect" order sheet so I do not recall what code it was. It may have been E5A. I do have the Mid Package, 10 speed, non-squatch.
Oh damn, there was an incorrect order sheet? I printed & saved it when it first came out. Any chance you could kindly link me to the correct version please? I’d like to update my reference files. Thanks in advance.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
5A and 5C are on both regular and advanced. The only differences in the lines is Mid or standard packages
Yes, I see that. On my order sheet it's listed as E5C0 (2 door, advanced and further down shows $0 for Mid). Not sure how they enter it into the computer, I'm assuming a Non-Mid advanced 4x4 would have a different 4th character on the actual build sheet.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Good call in my opinion. It was a minimum requirement for me living in Wisconsin. It’s not the same argument going from 7MT to 10A as It is for A4TC.
Sponsored