First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 galaxie /2017 f450 /2021 f150 / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If this option “ Advanced 4x4 Automatic on Demand “ is picked on a Outer Banks build non Sasquatch with locking rear differential 4.27 gear , will it come with the front locking differential.. It’s confusing because the icon info tab for this option in my build mentions front and rear locking diff’s in the description.
Sponsored

OP
OP
68 galaxie

68 galaxie

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, there is no front locker for Outer Banks unless you option the Sasquatch package.
I’ve built the OBX both ways on the build page and the info reads the same with the Sasquatch and the Non Sasquatch If I pick the Advanced 4x4 option

Black_OBX_in_LA

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, when I built mine I noticed the same thing - B&P isn’t clear. I was hoping to get a front locker without Sasquatch. Ultimately, I just went with Adv. 4x4 and the rear locker.

OP
OP
68 galaxie

68 galaxie

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, when I built mine I noticed the same thing - B&P isn’t clear. I was hoping to get a front locker without Sasquatch. Ultimately, I just went with Adv. 4x4 and the rear locker.
I figured with it being $1600 option it would include a front locker. I’ve built several different trims on different models and can’t find the front lockers mentioned except when I add the Advanced 4x4 option. Unless I’m over looking it

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ONLY trim that comes with front lockers without the Sasquatch package is the Badlands trim. For every other trim, the Sasquatch package is required.

Advanced 4x4 just includes the 4-Auto mode, which is basically an All-Wheel-Drive sorta mode that is handy in mixed conditions (like snowy roads). The standard "Part Time Selectable" 4x4 system only includes the traditional 2-high, 4-high, and 4-low 4x4 setup.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The ONLY trim that comes with front lockers without the Sasquatch package is the Badlands trim. For every other trim, the Sasquatch package is required.

Advanced 4x4 just includes the 4-Auto mode, which is basically an All-Wheel-Drive sorta mode that is handy in mixed conditions (like snowy roads). The standard "Part Time Selectable" 4x4 system only includes the traditional 2-high, 4-high, and 4-low 4x4 setup.
The $700+ Advanced 4 Wh Dr option I have on my OBX includes the 4 high option, 4.27 gearing, and rear lockers, a great value IMO.

OP
OP
68 galaxie

68 galaxie

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Thanks for the info. Changing my build now to Sasquatch.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can confirm as I just picked my OBX up. Non sas no front locker just as I was expecting.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any conclusion drawn based on the B+P site that seems to conflict with other information is wrong 98% of the time.

The Ford website is kind of an embarassment.

Bronco fact sources from least to most trustworthy:
  • Dealer
  • Ford customer service line
  • Ford website
  • Ford's official emails to reservation holders
  • ... (large gap)
  • Ford Authority
  • Order guide
  • Official Ford statements to Bronco Nation
  • ... (large gap)
  • B6G consensus
  • ... (large gap)
  • Random drum guy in Ohio

Sponsored

Bruce#1

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GMC RCSB with modified LS3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can confirm as I just picked my OBX up. Non sas no front locker just as I was expecting.
I wonder if this has changed for the 2022 model year? I made a couple of changes yesterday to my July 2021 OBX order. Changed the V6 option to the 4-cylinder after reading about the V6 problems on this site and added the Automated 4X4. Received this from the dealer's sales manager: "Looked into that for you this morning. I Selected the Advanced 4x4 for you. Which gives you your locker in the front and rear. Giddy up :) hahaha."

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Advanced 4wd just gives you the 4 auto option for ‘21. Would be a nice perk for you ‘22 guys. To be honest I’d almost never use it I might throw a try trac up there after the warranty is up.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Is there any difference between the Advanced 4X4 and the Slippery Goat Mode?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any difference between the Advanced 4X4 and the Slippery Goat Mode?
The GOAT modes are just handy shortcuts or presets. For example, the Rock Crawl GOAT mode turns on both front/rear lockers, turns off traction control, and disconnects the sway bar. You could do the exact same thing manually uses the hero switches on the dash. But the GOAT mode just does it all for you with one twist of the knob.

In the case of Slippery GOAT mode... if you have the Advanced 4X4 package it will turn on 4-Auto and amps up the traction control system a bit. If you don't have the Advanced 4x4 package it'll just leave it in 2-High, but still amp the traction control system.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The GOAT modes are just handy shortcuts or presets. For example, the Rock Crawl GOAT mode turns on both front/rear lockers, turns off traction control, and disconnects the sway bar. You could do the exact same thing manually uses the hero switches on the dash. But the GOAT mode just does it all for you with one twist of the knob.

In the case of Slippery GOAT mode... if you have the Advanced 4X4 package it will turn on 4-Auto and amps up the traction control system a bit. If you don't have the Advanced 4x4 package it'll just leave it in 2-High, but still amp the traction control system.
Gotcha…it makes total sense to think about Goats as a short cut for the drive train, but does “Slippery” change traction control parameters and throttle application as well (like in some of the other GOAT modes)?
Sponsored