Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might be interested when my MIC is worn out. I'm going with the theory that MIC is disposable.

That's what I did. Combine the crappy quality, squeaks, leaks, delamination's, torn off rear window struts with the fact it is all ugly as hell and looks like a Ford Flex I was happy to wait a few months (heck maybe a year or a little more) for a good aftermarket option that I actually want. Put that $695 towards a top I want will take a little of the sting out of the purchase as well.

2019-Ford-Flex-02.jpg

Your Bronco with the factory hardtop.
I've joked several times the 4dr looks like a Flex but it really does. I saw a Flex driving the other day and actually did a double check to make sure it wasn't a Bronco.
Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the reason I dropped the hardtop and went soft top to get it quicker. I may actually go for the one piece. Hardtop in the winter. Soft top in the summer. I feel like these aftermarket companies will come up with better tops anyway.

OP
OP
Kekov721

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh god... I did it... I actually switched to the soft top. I'll get something aftermarket when they are available. I hate that I caved, but I'm sick of waiting.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Oh god... I did it... I actually switched to the soft top. I'll get something aftermarket when they are available. I hate that I caved, but I'm sick of waiting.
You will be happy when you get your VIN that your dropped the MIC top. I have had two sets of ADV's wide Raptor flares and they are good quality. Aftermarket companies can definitely make a better top than the MIC. The OEM top is pretty simple and the fit and finish appears to be not so great.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I may do the same..but waiting a bit longer for some more production issues to get resolved (hopefully) so my MIC is buying some time.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of us made this change, almost all of us got expedited in build order as a result. Honestly I've had no issues at all with the soft-top, and as a fellow Floridian myself its truly convenient here with almost zero trade-off (exception: rear access via glass tailgate, roof rack).

I am still keeping an eye on this development because I genuinely believe (as we have seen with the history of MIC tops already) the aftermarket will provide an equal or greater quality top than OEM.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does webasto make the hardtop for the jeep? I was looking at gas top and although heavy that thing is built nicely,everything works no leaks ,just seems like they should get their act together as this has been an ongoing issue.
2dr owners don't have a choice,maybe a Christmas miracle is in order🎅

Sponsored

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Make sure to stay tuned for the January releases😜
How are you announcing? Assuming IG and on here, but will it be a whole new thread I'm assuming?
Give us a time frame so i can take a "break" from work and drool for awhile :)
Sponsored