First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there wern't already enough negatives, this really hit hard. Other manufacturers provide a warranty for their products for the same vehicles that this company won't do. I don't have the kind of money to take a risk and hope something doesn't happen a few months down the road and I'm stuck with a worthless piece of junk.
Its actually kinda funny, once I and others started raising the point that there's no Warranty involved, they decided to change the wording on the FAQ under Warranty on their website...

"Do you have a warranty?
All potential warranty claims will be reviewed on an individual basis. Exact warranty is TBD. The brand is not liable for any damages or injury as a result of the use of its products. Rest assured, we are known to provide the strongest and best fitting part in the industry."

What that reads to me is, "Maybe a warranty maybe not but we promise we make a great product" Doesn't sound too convincing to me. Jeep aftermarket tops have 3-5 year warranties, how can a company charging over $5k for a top, not provide the same warranty?????
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco6g keeps on talking about how the aftermarket will respond with a hardtop and someone has and NOW .. no one wants one?

LOL!
I think many would be happy to just see that one actually exists and not just a rendering. It's easy to be taken in by big promises that a company isn't even sure they can deliver. I'll bet Webasto never expected the issues they ran into, but here we are 2 years later and they are still in limited supply.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So they are reading all the negative feedback everyone left after they posted their order terms?

No written warranty, No refund on a Paid in full order, on a product you have no idea what it will be, because they want to crowdsource their development cost, yeah...
Yeah it's not the greatest look. When I do custom stuff for customers, we require a 25-50% deposit(depending on customer) that is refundable until their order goes into production. At that point once it's in production, it becomes non cancellable/non returnable.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For what it's worth, I was messaging with a sales rep from ADV. Their words...

"For your knowledge, the warranty is TBD. We will formalize it once the prototypes are finished in May. Rest assured, any potential issues that arise will be addressed on an individual basis. As for refunds/cancellations, we are only accepting serious buyers which is why that was stated on the product page. We want to make sure we are providing accurate leadtimes for our serious buyers which is why the product page stated that..."

Make of that as you will. I still didn't preorder the hard top, however, this message does keep me at least interested as time goes on and more information is made available.
Sounds like no warranty may have scared away most takers and they're looking at plan B.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah it's not the greatest look. When I do custom stuff for customers, we require a 25-50% deposit(depending on customer) that is refundable until their order goes into production. At that point once it's in production, it becomes non cancellable/non returnable.
That may be fine for your product, but for a Bronco accessory, with what should be a line of buyers, allowing a hardtop to be cancellable/fully returnable/fully refundable, is a reasonable consumer expectation.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That may be fine for your product, but for a Bronco accessory, with what should be a line of buyers, allowing a hardtop to be cancellable/fully returnable/fully refundable, is a reasonable consumer expectation.
I agree, probably didn't make that clear in my post tho haha. What I was trying to get at was they should have required a deposit instead of the full up front cost.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They reached out to me today about completing my order (still in my cart) and there was a coupon for 10% off which leads me to believe there is a substantial margin on this top. I would feel better if they were more transparent about pricing/cost Ect.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
They reached out to me today about completing my order (still in my cart) and there was a coupon for 10% off which leads me to believe there is a substantial margin on this top. I would feel better if they were more transparent about pricing/cost Ect.
They previously stated the coupon did not apply to Bronco tops.

They seemingly make a great product (fenders/hooks). They may cost a premium but quality seems to reflect it. I personally am unlikely to ever order from them simply based on business practices and unwillingness to interact with customers in a reasonable manner during this hardtop "tease"

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got a text from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts today. Here is a snippet of our conversation..

Ford Bronco Advanced Fiberglass Hardtop.. noise? 51F848D1-7E03-4178-AA08-620BD8D27310

Sponsored

JonD79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
shouldn't they know what Noise-Vibration-harshness is being in automotive field

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This company really bummed me out. It seemed super exciting at first, but the fact that they don’t even have a prototype to show and they are now taking orders that are $7k and up is insane.

I was arguing with them through Instagram because they kept claiming their prices were affordable and when I said there’s no way Ford is going to charge this much, they said “Ford hasn’t released pricing”. Ridiculous!
You better sit down when Ford does release the pricing, I don’t expect it to be much less!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Got a text from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts today. Here is a snippet of our conversation..

Ford Bronco Advanced Fiberglass Hardtop.. noise? 51F848D1-7E03-4178-AA08-620BD8D27310
"Our top will be quiet" says the marketing.

"Hey, Jim the janitor, you got a bottle of that NVH on your shelf?

Boy, if this is not a BIG ENOUGH REG FLAG FOR EVERYONE, be concerned, be very concerned. (Okay, maybe the person doing the text messages was just an admin and not technical, who knows.)

@ADV Fiberglass have you thought about actually answering questions again? We want you to be sucessfull but you are just putting out to many red flags.

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We wish you would of shown our response to your next message. See attachment:
Ford Bronco Advanced Fiberglass Hardtop.. noise? Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 6.32.13 PM

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"Our top will be quiet" says the marketing.

"Hey, Jim the janitor, you got a bottle of that NVH on your shelf?

Boy, if this is not a BIG ENOUGH REG FLAG FOR EVERYONE, be concerned, be very concerned. (Okay, maybe the person doing the text messages was just an admin and not technical, who knows.)

@ADV Fiberglass have you thought about actually answering questions again? We want you to be sucessfull but you are just putting out to many red flags.
We look forward to putting everyones mind at ease once the prototypes are finished and installed in May (Current timeline). For everyone to know, engineering is already finished and tooling has begun.

The next thing to note, is that we hear everyones concerns loud and clear. We are well aware of what you have been saying and it will be addressed in the future. For now, we appreciate your understanding and patience. Hope you all have a wonderful night.
Sponsored