Sponsored

Advice for those buying a Bronco for the looks, not offroading... GO straight to 37" tires

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting the Badlands was debating Sasquatch or not. I want the beadlock wheels they are $995 well being Sasquatch is $2,495 that $1,500 for gears tires and more. So Sasquatch it is. Now with the auto its 4.46 gears with Sasquatch I'll get 4.7s on 37s sounds good to me. I'm thinking someone will have the 2in lift by the time it comes in. Hope to go 37s day one. If they want fit I'll set them to the side ride 35s till a 2in lift comes out. Will try stock regardless before I do the lift. Many times you can fix a little rubbing with a heat gun and a softball.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also I'm just getting the 37s out of my system I'm sure I'll run the factory 35s after that. Its just part of it.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The good news is we all have months to think about what’s best for our personal Broncos and our unique driving situations. For me I’ve decided the 35 inch tire with the Sasquatch package On a short wheelbase two door will give me the best of both worlds. I feel like FORD has years of real life driving experience from the Ford Raptor having the exact same size tire. FORD I believe has worked hard to provide the necessary matching components to make the 35 inch tire much more on road friendly than what you’ll find on a wrangler. In Hawaii stock Tacomas and 4Runners regularly drag their skid plates when crossing old broken up lava fields when trying to get to the remote beaches and fishing locations. The 35 inch tires will keep my Bronco’s belly from scraping while at the same time looking great along with having great on road manners. Don’t get me wrong I love the look of 37 inch tires and if I had gotten a jeep gladiator it would’ve definitely been sporting those but it’s gonna be really nice having a Bronco easily and predictably rolling down the highway on the stock 35s ?
Ford Bronco Advice for those buying a Bronco for the looks, not offroading... GO straight to 37" tires 33825676-4B33-4A2C-926C-8919EB45EE83

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For everday driving 35s are plenty especially if your just going for looks.

Those 37s will get old real quick with mpg,tire cost,getting in and out of daily,along with tire noise.
yeah. I’m def in it for the looks, but I’m not into Bigfoot style at all. If I was a serious off roader then sure. I think 33s or 35s will be fine, but I need the all black wheel look. I like those 17” black steelies, but the tire choice for that rim is small. What do you think the largest tire, AT, I could add without mods??

SS

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're getting closer and closer to driving Matchbox proportioned vehicles. And not in an "ironic" way, either. ?

OP
OP
Incognito

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
We're getting closer and closer to driving Matchbox proportioned vehicles. And not in an "ironic" way, either. ?
I used to have a Suzuki Tracker on 31" tires.

Driving it was like having an adult Tonka toy. :love::ROFLMAO:

I still miss it sometimes.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want 37s right away, but I gotta play it cool. I've already convinced the wife that the Sasquatch package looks better and she knows it has 35s. When I need to get new tires, I'll just move up to 37s and tell her the height difference is due to the new tread depth or all in her head.

There hasn't been as much talk of 40s as I expected on the forum, but I'll be watching the bros build out for 40s and which parts fail in case I want to overcompensate at Whole Foods.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yeah. I’m def in it for the looks, but I’m not into Bigfoot style at all. If I was a serious off roader then sure. I think 33s or 35s will be fine, but I need the all black wheel look. I like those 17” black steelies, but the tire choice for that rim is small. What do you think the largest tire, AT, I could add without mods??

SS
You can put a pretty big tire on even a 16" rim. My kid's giant 1980's F-250 4x4 has 16" rims and really big tires.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Incognito

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want 37s right away, but I gotta play it cool. I've already convinced the wife that the Sasquatch package looks better and she knows it has 35s. When I need to get new tires, I'll just move up to 37s and tell her the height difference is due to the new tread depth or all in her head.

There hasn't been as much talk of 40s as I expected on the forum, but I'll be watching the bros build out for 40s and which parts fail in case I want to overcompensate at Whole Foods.
I think a lot of people are still in sticker shock and keep-the-new mode.

Once a few step up to 37" or 40" and go to Bronco meets, others will quickly follow.

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Elsewhere in these forums have mentioned LT255/80 R17 and I am considering it for the BD Steelies. 33.1” dia vs 31.6 and 10.0” wide vs 10.4 compared to the std 265/70 R17 size tire. Good fit with the 7.5” wide rim too. I’m eager to learn if there’s any rubbing issues with no lift mods done. Also, if the speedo is at the limit, you’re speeding!
I suppose it tilts towards pizza cutters but I’m all about the retro with this Bronco.

OP
OP
Incognito

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can put a pretty big tire on even a 16" rim. My kid's giant 1980's F-250 4x4 has 16" rims and really big tires.
Jeepers have run 315/75R16 (35") on the factory 16x7 rims, by using 1 1/2" wheel spacers.

I'm tempted to do the same on a Base Bronco.
Sponsored