Sponsored

Advice for those buying a Bronco for the looks, not offroading... GO straight to 37" tires

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's the link for the 37" capable lift, 2", 3", etc?

What mods are needed for the a-arms and cv-joints?

Will this give me enough capability to climb over the islands at the mall or will I be limited to the Starbucks drive-thru?

/s ;)
Mall - yes, Starbucks - no. Why? Because the Starbucks ones are higher than the sky.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a lot of people are still in sticker shock and keep-the-new mode.

Once a few step up to 37" or 40" and go to Bronco meets, others will quickly follow.

I agree. I am, mostly, trying to caveat this unsound financial move by little things like telling myself I'll keep the stock 35s for warranty purposes the first year or so, lol

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure this has been pointed out before but not in this tread is 35s on the 2 door = 37s on the 4 door

A 2 door with 35 will look like the 37s on the 4 door. Its just a size thing. My neighbor is a big jeep guy and has a 2 door and a 4 door. When he got the 4 door he put 37s on and I was like so you are stepping up he was like no it just takes 37s to make the 4 door have the same look as my 2 door.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My plan is to run my WildTrak on the 35" for a while to get to know the vehicle and after a year or two change out the wheels and tires to 37"s.... by then there should be enough info out there on what additional mods I will need (Lift or not).

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Base JKU came with 29”. I went to 31 with steel oem wheel after two months.
Ford Bronco Advice for those buying a Bronco for the looks, not offroading... GO straight to 37" tires 4258D0DF-15CA-4241-A061-5B94B89A3E1D

two years later put 2” lift and went 33” MT.
Ford Bronco Advice for those buying a Bronco for the looks, not offroading... GO straight to 37" tires 726C3AB0-10A5-49B1-AC73-3C217715E997

three Years later went 2.5” lift and 8 arm adjustable suspension. Needed 35” tires to fill gap. Didn’t care for MT or Yokohama (highest rated MT at the time).
Ford Bronco Advice for those buying a Bronco for the looks, not offroading... GO straight to 37" tires FBD65F69-6197-4E0C-B6C8-CC980B2E74E7

do it once after all the research needed. Save up and do it once.

Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
based on what you said, im sure the answer will be a no, but do you (or anyone else) foresee any issues running 35's on the M190 on a 2 door base 7 speed manual? gunna do some wheels with a little bit of negative offset too. I dont do any serious rock crawling or trails. just some mild off road stuff for hunting. I dont want to feel like i have to baby the thing when i drive it with 35's.... i'm sure i'll do a couple pulls through the gears every now and then. thanks in advance!

edit - i found some good answers on this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/stock-190mm-front-axles-tough-enough-to-turn-35s.2599/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Incognito

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
based on what you said, im sure the answer will be a no, but do you (or anyone else) foresee any issues running 35's on the M190 on a 2 door base 7 speed manual? gunna do some wheels with a little bit of negative offset too. I dont do any serious rock crawling or trails. just some mild off road stuff for hunting. I dont want to feel like i have to baby the thing when i drive it with 35's.... i'm sure i'll do a couple pulls through the gears every now and then. thanks in advance!

edit - i found some good answers on this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/stock-190mm-front-axles-tough-enough-to-turn-35s.2599/
I'm currently running the Kenda RT 601 tires in 35x10.50R17.
That's the equivalent of a 275 metric width.

They don't rub inside with factory offset rims.

I'm hoping that the regular Bronco 17" rims will also work this way.
If they do, I'll sell the Sasquatch wheels and tires.

Still haven't settled on getting a true Sasquatch package, or make my own Cheapsquatch. :ROFLMAO:

Ipe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, Expedition, Defender, JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The OP is correct: Tires are a gateway drug. Buy once, cry once.

A long time ago when I didn't know any better I had an H3. I bought it with the mega tough Adventure Package. It came with "heavy duty" skid plates, 33" tires, a locking rear dif, and a 4:1 transfer case. I proceeded to go to places like Paragon Adventure Park (long gone, sadly), the brand new Rausch Creek, a hopefully NOT once in a lifetime trip to Colorado and then Moab, and to various local trails.
What I learned is that unless you stick to groomed fire roads you will quickly run out of ground clearance. That heavy duty skid plate looked like a pringles can lid and every low point on the frame was ground down from dragging over rocks.
I soon went to 35's with shackles from a YJ and turned up tortion bars to get some lift, probably about 2". This was better, but still the H3 was a drag queen as it dragged itself over every rock in sight.
I then moved over to a JKU Rubicon. It quickly got a 4" lift and 35's. I did more, tougher obstacles and it was radically better than the H3, but it too was a drag queen. Soon it was regeared and had 37's on it.
I still have the JK. Its sat for a while and I recently rebuilt it with my son. Its his new rig and driving about in it brought the yearning to have my Bronco ASAP. But there's a moral to this TL;DR post and thats this:
If you even think for a moment that you plan to wheel the Bronco, and by wheel I mean anything more than a fire road do it right, and do it once. Its a HECK OF A LOT CHEAPER than doing it peace meal.
To the guys and gals moving up to 33's and thinking you'll never touch down.... Please, don't be shocked when you hear the screeching of metal on rock. Its not if it'll happen, but when.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you are the type of guy that looks back at your vehicle as you walk away, or as I do, park it differently to get a different view each time, 37s are probably for you!

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm getting the Badlands was debating Sasquatch or not. I want the beadlock wheels they are $995 well being Sasquatch is $2,495 that $1,500 for gears tires and more. So Sasquatch it is. Now with the auto its 4.46 gears with Sasquatch I'll get 4.7s on 37s sounds good to me. I'm thinking someone will have the 2in lift by the time it comes in. Hope to go 37s day one. If they want fit I'll set them to the side ride 35s till a 2in lift comes out. Will try stock regardless before I do the lift. Many times you can fix a little rubbing with a heat gun and a softball.
Hey, Stage 3 Motorsports have lift kits for the Bronco and other stuff to. You can visually build your bronco on their site.

Btw, I just a future customer for them. Waiting for my WT...?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My advice is never lift a vehicle for looks.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Question: do the 37s come with a clip-on mullet? So the poseurs can really “look the part?”
Sponsored