First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra At4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And all I got was "Sorry". Over the course of all this I had reached out to the dealer and asked them to "99" my order when Ford gave us that option. I needed a vehicle ASAP. Then I got an email stating my bronco was in production. So I reached back out and asked what this was about. They told me my order never got 99'ed and asked if I still wanted it. I said if this means it's being built then YES I want the bronco. They said "we will call you when it's here". I'm on my honeymoon this week and got the email that it got delivered. Found some time to reach out to them and that's when they dropped the bomb.

They claimed it was still marked as "stock" and that's why it got sold. Funny thing is my buddy called the dealership to see if they were trying to sell it/mark it up after I told him it arrived. It was actually listed as inventory on their website but the salesman said sorry this is for a customer. So clearly something shady is going on here.

Any advice on how to handle this. They offered to order me a new one...how dense can they be? Sure let me give you more money after you screwed me over.

Also, curious to know if the dealer and Ford's systems are linked or not. Since I kept getting all the production progress emails from Ford and the pic the day it rolled off the assembly line. Seems they didn't think it was marked for "stock".

Edit: I've attached window sticker and dealer email. I also tweeted at Mike Levine but I don't have a twitter presence so if anyone could retweet or whatever to make sure it catches his eye I'd truly appreciate it.

window sticker.JPG

Bronco email.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would ask them to reorder it and give it a priority code. If they don't, walk and leave a bad review. There isn't much more that you can do in these situations. I do find it very odd that your order was sold to someone else.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this crap of stealing orders is pretty common and only coming to light due to the reservation system providing consumers with updates. In the past, you were at the mercy of the dealers for information.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As I have suggested before, If you search on cargurus for very similar to what you ordered you may find it already built and ready to sell at msrp

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This kind of crap infuriates me.
Maybe I am a little simple minded but I think that if Ford wants to keep customer confidence and repeat business then it would be simple to require dealerships (Yes I know they are not owned by Ford) to sell a reserved vehicle to the customer who reserved it OR have a notarized form from the said reserving customer stating that they released their right to the vehicle. The burden of proof needs to be on the dealership NOT the reserving customer. The punishment would need to be very painful since most of the dealers have very deep pockets.

If ford wants to go to a reservation model they will need to address the issue of reserving customers having their vehicle stolen by greedy dealers.

My dealer has been great with me but I heard a rumor that he screwed someone else.
I plan to get more details from the horses mouth.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Pressure them to make it up by ordering you a Bronco Raptor at MSRP. If they agree, get it in writing, make a deposit. When money changes hands, you have legal recourse

troewe

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You need to message mike Levine on Twitter
I cannot figure out how to do this. My dealership converted my order after I told them not to. I originally ordered a modular hardtop - black hard top. I did get an email awhile ago saying due to my top selection I would be waiting until late next year so I bought a vehicle I will hand down to my son next year when my bronco came in. I have literally sat on ford's customer care line for over 7 hours in 4 weeks trying to stop order from going any further and to change dealerships. I have the email I sent to Auffenberg Ford that I did not want to order, yet; that I wanted to the top I want. The dealership even changed my built to inferior. No one will help me--they say they will call and another week goes by and no call from Ford as they said they would.

Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would ask them to reorder it and give it a priority code. If they don't, walk and leave a bad review. There isn't much more that you can do in these situations. I do find it very odd that your order was sold to someone else.
The dealer can't give it a priority code lower than 10 so this won't put him ahead of anybody. Ford could push it ahead but I doubt they will. I would not reorder from that dealer. I would also turn them into Ford

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I cannot figure out how to do this. My dealership converted my order after I told them not to. I originally ordered a modular hardtop - black hard top. I did get an email awhile ago saying due to my top selection I would be waiting until late next year so I bought a vehicle I will hand down to my son next year when my bronco came in. I have literally sat on ford's customer care line for over 7 hours in 4 weeks trying to stop order from going any further and to change dealerships. I have the email I sent to Auffenberg Ford that I did not want to order, yet; that I wanted to the top I want. The dealership even changed my built to inferior. No one will help me--they say they will call and another week goes by and no call from Ford as they said they would.
You can’t message him directly, he’s got that function turned off. Just tag him in a tweet, or reply to one of his explaining the situation and paste your vin at the end. He might dm you, he might not. Seems like you have a good case, though. I would keep doing it until he reaches out.

https://twitter.com/mrlevine?s=21

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This kind of crap infuriates me.
Maybe I am a little simple minded but I think that if Ford wants to keep customer confidence and repeat business then it would be simple to require dealerships (Yes I know they are not owned by Ford) to sell a reserved vehicle to the customer who reserved it OR have a notarized form from the said reserving customer stating that they released their right to the vehicle. The burden of proof needs to be on the dealership NOT the reserving customer. The punishment would need to be very painful since most of the dealers have very deep pockets.

If ford wants to go to a reservation model they will need to address the issue of reserving customers having their vehicle stolen by greedy dealers.

My dealer has been great with me but I heard a rumor that he screwed someone else.
I plan to get more details from the horses mouth.
I believe Ford has taken some steps in order to prevent these de ious dealership ploys. When I ordered at my dealer, they needed to make a copy of my drivers license. This was to satisfy Fords requirements toward proving an order was from an authentic customer. I suspect a slew of orderers are new to the dealership game and have been taken advantage of by dealers who have found ways to get around the Ford directive of not allowing brokering of ordered Broncos. I have seen multiple scams perpetrated by local dealers in attempts to skirt the resell rules.

ThunderSquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, (ex: RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4x4)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Bronco is in production right now……. and I just saw my Bronco listed for sale as “coming soon” on my dealer’s website. 😂

The funniest part is I am completely unphased by this and not at all surprised. Direct result of spending too many hours on here reading dealer horror stories.

I really wish Ford would adopt the Tesla model for sales and cut out the middle man. It’s may be unfair to the few good dealerships, but it would save us consumers so many headaches.

Edit: just got word from my dealer, my Bronco being listed is just standard procedure, no worries, my name is still attached to it.
Sponsored

Last edited: