Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Silly question — but is there a reason why most of the mudflap designs I’ve seen are solid plastic rather than firm but flexible rubber? If the ultimate goal of mudflaps is to block ejected ground debris then wouldn’t rubber also do the job while also being flexible enough to not snap into pieces if they catch a rock or the curb at an awkward angle?

I ask because these plastic mudflaps look like they’d shatter or snap off if the tire they’re mounted on hops off a rock or a curb and snags it just right.
Can’t answer your question, but I will say RekGen and Rokz are both pretty stiff but flexible at the same time (even tho that’s a total dichotomy).
Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are they quick-release?
Nope, 3 screws into existing holes in the liner + 1 trim pin screw. I didn’t have an issue with them doing some moderate trails. Heard them drag a few times, but they flexed and rebounded.

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been happy with the Rekgen Trophy Sport front mud flaps! It’s kept the rocks and wet leaves after it’s rained off my Bronco, and it’s got a sleek minimal look.

OP
OP
Nay

Nay

Badlands
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealership has no estimate. Ordered 08/10/21.
That’s a bummer but I can’t wait to see pics when you do get it!

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Silly question — but is there a reason why most of the mudflap designs I’ve seen are solid plastic rather than firm but flexible rubber? If the ultimate goal of mudflaps is to block ejected ground debris then wouldn’t rubber also do the job while also being flexible enough to not snap into pieces if they catch a rock or the curb at an awkward angle?

I ask because these plastic mudflaps look like they’d shatter or snap off if the tire they’re mounted on hops off a rock or a curb and snags it just right.
Bottom of the gatorbacks is thick rubber with a plastic backing (where the bronco logo goes if you buy the "more" expensive branded ones). And the bottom part of the gatorbacks is removable without tools for when you're doing rock crawling or whatever.

For me, the non-branded gatorbacks were the best option, they're expensive but "worth it" imo.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nay

Nay

Badlands
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bottom of the gatorbacks is thick rubber with a plastic backing (where the bronco logo goes if you buy the "more" expensive branded ones). And the bottom part of the gatorbacks is removable without tools for when you're doing rock crawling or whatever.

For me, the non-branded gatorbacks were the best option, they're expensive but "worth it" imo.
Can you share a link to the non branded gator backs?

Reactions: bek

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Advice on best after market mud flaps needed 89CC096C-FA3E-457F-BCCF-BD21B2BC9A45
Ford Bronco Advice on best after market mud flaps needed 9B5A7353-55EA-41E9-809C-B83F6CC3306A
I
I ordered the ford splash guards for front. Mine is a 22 big bend. I added 35 inch tires. I had to move the stock running boards 1 inch back to accommodate the splash guards. I wasnt happy with any of aftermarket options and these fit like a glove and cost 55 bucks. Total install time with moving running boards was 1.5 hours. If I didnt have to move boards it wouldve been 15 mins. Im happy with them. I wont be adding rears. I dont like mud flaps to start with but wanted to protect paint from rocks and snow/mud.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Get ones that hang really low otherwise the rocks will hit your doors.

Reactions: bek

Skeld

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What options have been proven to work with Outer Banks steps?

Sponsored

Cleecvt1

Black Diamond
First Name
Christie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchasing a 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got a set of rokblokz and can't get them installed. The front bolts at the crash bar are super torqued on and can't loosen them even with a torque wrench....may be sending back.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a set of rokblokz and can't get them installed. The front bolts at the crash bar are super torqued on and can't loosen them even with a torque wrench....may be sending back.
I wouldn't loosen bolts with a torque wrench. You will ruin the torque wrench.

Cleecvt1

Black Diamond
First Name
Christie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchasing a 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rekgen trophy sport has been adequate for me, and pretty straightforward install. They have stopped the gravel spit, and look clean. I just bought the front at first and thought they were good but buying the rear now too since I added a high end bike rack and pivot. Well worth it. And cheaper than others.

Edit: I should also add, I compared to my friends rokblokz and we could not discern why the rokz were 2.5x more expensive. Basically identical.

Ford Bronco Advice on best after market mud flaps needed 9B5A7353-55EA-41E9-809C-B83F6CC3306A
Wish I had seen these

Cleecvt1

Black Diamond
First Name
Christie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchasing a 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wouldn't loosen bolts with a torque wrench. You will ruin the torque wrench.
Ive got to go to a custom place to have them installed. Should have gone w gators and used my ford points!
Sponsored