Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you share a link to the non branded gator backs?
I got the gator backs day one and love them. heavy duty rubber and plates are heavy. Bottoms easily detach. If you shop around ebay and other sites you can find them much lower than dealer/website retail. I had my plates powder coated all gloss black so it blends in the silver bronco lettering that was originally on them. Did it at the same time I did the silver beauty rings.

Mountain Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rekgen trophy sport has been adequate for me, and pretty straightforward install. They have stopped the gravel spit, and look clean. I just bought the front at first and thought they were good but buying the rear now too since I added a high end bike rack and pivot. Well worth it. And cheaper than others.

Edit: I should also add, I compared to my friends rokblokz and we could not discern why the rokz were 2.5x more expensive. Basically identical.

D426886E-CEE2-4B43-918C-7ED1E7C2DEA7.jpeg
Did you get stock or XL length?

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve been happy with the Rekgen Trophy Sport front mud flaps! It’s kept the rocks and wet leaves after it’s rained off my Bronco, and it’s got a sleek minimal look.
Did the Rekgen come with instructions?

Sponsored

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The OEM flaps are great for the price.

Noco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Trail Teams edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands Sasquatch on order. I'm going to remove the rock rails and install side steps.

The ones that I looking at are:

1. Rokblokz
2. RekGen
3. Mabett
I went with Mabett on my Sasquatch Badlands
Ford Bronco Advice on best after market mud flaps needed CE25E41E-AD71-40C6-916E-C8C7A0055BA1

Klink

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have rekgen installed and I'm digging them so far. They fit nicely with squatch and factory steps. I can send pics if needed/wanted.

BBoyM3

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla LE
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I went with Mabett on my Sasquatch Badlands
Ford Bronco Advice on best after market mud flaps needed CE25E41E-AD71-40C6-916E-C8C7A0055BA1
How do you like them?

How does well do the fit (front and rear)?

Any drilling?

Easy install?

Do you feel like they are quality like the RokBlokz?

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oreily has a set of size C mud flaps for $15 that look much better than most of the offerings they have for the Bronco right now.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Silly question — but is there a reason why most of the mudflap designs I’ve seen are solid plastic rather than firm but flexible rubber? If the ultimate goal of mudflaps is to block ejected ground debris then wouldn’t rubber also do the job while also being flexible enough to not snap into pieces if they catch a rock or the curb at an awkward angle?

I ask because these plastic mudflaps look like they’d shatter or snap off if the tire they’re mounted on hops off a rock or a curb and snags it just right.
Maybe it’s to keep them from flapping, basically killing the point once you get up to speed. I had a set of Rokblokz on my Tacoma and they seemed to flex pretty well over the rocks. Mudflaps in general aren’t really made for crawling over rocks, which is why you don’t really see people running them on the harder trails.

mine are $15 so I don’t mind if they snap off. So far, they just make a ton of noise going over the rocks

Last edited:

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it’s to keep them from flapping, basically killing the point once you get up to speed. I had a set of Rokblokz on my Tacoma and they seemed to flex pretty well over the rocks. Mudflaps in general aren’t really made for crawling over rocks, which is why you don’t really see people running them on the harder trails.

mine are $15 so I don’t mind if they snap off. So far, they just make a ton of noise going over the rocks
Link?

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a set of XL sports but they didn't come with instructions. I emailed Rekgen but haven't heard back from them. Would like to have instructions if someone has them.
Sponsored