Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have rekgen installed and I'm digging them so far. They fit nicely with squatch and factory steps. I can send pics if needed/wanted.
I just finished installing the Rekgens as well and am really happy with them. They fit nicely on my OBX Sasquatch. No drilling or cutting needed. The Goodyears eat rocks and love to throw them so mud flaps are definitely needed if you are driving on gravel.
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just finished installing the Rekgens as well and am really happy with them. They fit nicely on my OBX Sasquatch. No drilling or cutting needed. The Goodyears eat rocks and love to throw them so mud flaps are definitely needed if you are driving on gravel.
How do the Rekgens feel in terms durability? Are they flexible?

Klink

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They're pretty stiff but they do have some flex.

Steve76

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
89CC096C-FA3E-457F-BCCF-BD21B2BC9A45.jpeg
9B5A7353-55EA-41E9-809C-B83F6CC3306A.jpeg
I
I ordered the ford splash guards for front. Mine is a 22 big bend. I added 35 inch tires. I had to move the stock running boards 1 inch back to accommodate the splash guards. I wasnt happy with any of aftermarket options and these fit like a glove and cost 55 bucks. Total install time with moving running boards was 1.5 hours. If I didnt have to move boards it wouldve been 15 mins. Im happy with them. I wont be adding rears. I dont like mud flaps to start with but wanted to protect paint from rocks and snow/mud.

Steve76

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How did you move the running boards back an inch? Also, does moving the running boards back negatively impact the install of rear mudflaps if desired?

Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you move the running boards back an inch? Also, does moving the running boards back negatively impact the install of rear mudflaps if desired?
Not sure how he moved the running boards bak an inch, but I say they are in front of the rear tire. So they shouldn't affect the rear mud flaps.

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a little bit of an old post, but for anyone reading looking for mud flaps, I've been doing a ton of research on them. My only real requirement was that they be somewhat flexible. I don't see how this rigid plastic flaps could hold up when rock crawling or heck, just going over a good curb could probably break one.

I decided on Rek Gen. No drill install, so should be pretty easy. It's flexible, not too crazy expensive, and you can even customize your logo color. So I'm getting one with a black flap with red logo to match my red Wildtrak. Oh, and they have some options in case you have the OEM step boards.

Good luck to anyone looking around. Quite a few options are opening up to suit most tastes.
Sponsored