Sponsored

Advice on changing my order on the 13th.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, I'm late to the party nd not nearly as knowledgeable as those of you that have been here waiting since Day 1.
I didn't try to get in on reservations early on because I ordered a 2019 Ranger when they became available for order. However, additions to our family made me reconsider, so I placed an order in Early September 2021:
4-Door Outer Banks, Lux, Leather, 2.7, Hardtop, Antimatter blue. (Lots of red flags, but I was willing to wait to get what I wanted).
I knew it was most likely going to be a year or more, which I was OK with, considering the relative newness of my Ranger.
A few days later, I decided to add the Sasquatch package, because I felt it would be the better value in the long run. (Had I been smarter, I probably would have switched to the soft-top at the same time, and just prayed for a miracle on getting scheduled before AMB was gone for good. Not likely, but I've seen stranger things).

Anyway, since I'll now have to pick a new color (and possibly some other small tweaks) once MY22 order banks open, would there be any real advantage to settling for a soft-top, production-wise?
Or is it going to be about the same wait if I stick to the hard-top?
(In your expert opinions, anyway, seeing as how no one really knows what Ford is doing at this point?
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford communications suggest soft tops will get built sooner, but that is one specific factor and it really depends on so many variables that we know about and ones we don't know about

I'd order what you really want because if you don't like the soft top you may not be able to order a Ford OEM hardtop later for quite some time and at quite some cost

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the allocation formula being completely different, it likely means much more what dealer you pick than what model and options (or when you reserved.)

Wrkd4it

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2016 F350,1996 Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I emailed my dealer today with the changes I needed to make on my order . I asked if we can meet Wednesday in order to do this and requested a signed invoice. He responded quickly and let me know get would get the changes in on Wednesday. A short time ago he updated me on the process. It may be Friday or Monday before the dealers can change orders due to Dearborn still converting 2021 orders to 2022.
I am fine with that! A long as my order change happens!
Sponsored