Sponsored

Advice on installing a 4-pin plate or popout connector for the Curt Wiring Harness?

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All,

I dropped tow package, like many others have done, so now I'm stuck installing the trailer hitch and Curt wiring harness, dang it. I purposely ordered our '18 Jeep JL without a tow package - cause, y'know I'm so smart and I figured I'd save some money. Well what a pain in the ass that was to install! Sure, the hitch is easy and takes all of 5 minutes. But the wiring harness took me at least an hour and a half or two hours and I swear I made up at least three new curse words :LOL:

So I'll be able to install it on my new Bronco with no problem. The issue is, what are y'all doing with the 4-pin plug? On my Jeep, I just use the rubber protector thing to tie it to the hitch. Doesn't look great. Is there a nice metal plate, or even better, a pop-out flip open "door" that any of you have used? Something that would install in the bumper would look best.

Just seeing if anyone else has come up with a cool, innovative method to install? No use re-inventing the wheel.

wiringplug.png
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the one I got thanks to @Denny3297 's suggestion. Listen to @BudgetBronco , he is the trailer install extraordinaire.

OP
OP
bcb1

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sweet! Thanks so much! If anyone has a picture of where they installed it, that would be much appreciated too.

I’ll order this today!

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model