Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
I ordered the Base model Bronco with aux switches. Looks like anyone can get aftermarket front and rear trail cam kits for $200-$600.
So who here is getting an aftermarket trail cam setup?

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 8.58.05 AM.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
Inventor

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
I ordered the Base model Bronco with aux switches. Looks like anyone can get aftermarket front and rear trail cam kits for $200-$600.
So who here is getting an aftermarket trail cam setup?

Ford Bronco Affordable aftermarket trail cams Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 8.58.05 AM

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you mean dash cameras. Nice idea, on the road and in the parking lot. Gonna follow this one went to see what ideas y’all have. Can you tie it back into the monitor on the dash, instead of advertising a monitor hanging on the windshield

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to get one at least for the front. I plan on getting a winch soon after delivery (will have the winch, the mount is what I will be waiting to see on). The factory cam would not work and I am only getting the mid package.

was thinking there has to be something DIY if it is even some riged up backup camera with the cam in the front.

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to get one at least for the front. I plan on getting a winch soon after delivery (will have the winch, the mount is what I will be waiting to see on). The factory cam would not work and I am only getting the mid package.

was thinking there has to be something DIY if it is even some riged up backup camera with the cam in the front.
I like the idea of this wireless one which isn't too expensive:
http://www.redpeakoffroad.com/category_s/1870.htm
You don't need an extra monitor since it hooks into your phone and the app allows recording. Anyone have experience with these?

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the idea of this wireless one which isn't too expensive:
http://www.redpeakoffroad.com/category_s/1870.htm
You don't need an extra monitor since it hooks into your phone and the app allows recording. Anyone have experience with these?
Forgive me, Ive never driven a car with a screen and use a waterproof flip phone instead of a flat phone. But if its wireless to your phone, is there possible a way to mirror the in dash screen to your phone and then your set. Is this something that could be upgraded, hacked or piggybacked in?

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Forgive me, Ive never driven a car with a screen and use a waterproof flip phone instead of a flat phone. But if its wireless to your phone, is there possible a way to mirror the in dash screen to your phone and then your set. Is this something that could be upgraded, hacked or piggybacked in?
That would be ideal but if not, you could always use the picatinny rail with your phone up there, so you wouldn't need to mirror to dash screen.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That would be ideal but if not, you could always use the picatinny rail with your phone up there, so you wouldn't need to mirror to dash screen.
I use a indestructable waterproof flip phone. I love tv but would rather splice wires in a 50k dash than carry a tv in my pocket.

OP
OP
Inventor

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned

OP
OP
Inventor

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Get In The Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been looking around at things like this as well. Looking at either one of the rear view mirror replacement type back up cameras that I will just put the camera on the front (toguard 1080p mirror back up camera, $60 on Amazon), or something simple like a rear view camera that comes on a license plate holder (Erapta ERT01, $26 on Amazon). The toguard would be sweet because it comes with its own screen and replaces your review mirror and can act like a regular review mirror when not in use. While keeping the regular back up cam on the screen in the dash.

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a few months shy of a year old now. Has there been any new aftermarket additions for adding a trail cam to the base Bronco?

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have spent a hell of a lot of time on the trails since I purchased my Badlands. When I bought it I opted for the mid-package instead of the high, primarily because I didn't want to deal with all the additional electronics when making modifications. That is perhaps my one regret as so many times I come over the top of a ridge and cant see what's directly in front of me, when I am crawling and have a spotter its not an issue obviously, but its frustrating to have to get out and check directly in front of me when we are just riding normally over the top of steep hill or something where I otherwise would not need a spotter.

So yea, def looking for something. I don't necessarily need the side cameras but a nice wide angle front facing camera would be very nice.
Sponsored