Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Suddenly, broncog6 is filled with insurance adjusters giving their expert opinions from a few pictures. After dealing several bad drivers hitting family members, I have learned to be prepared for surprises once panels and parts are pulled off. Regardless, this really sucks for the OP. Such a nice ride.
Ford Bronco After a 2+ year wait, we got our 2-door Wildtrak. And then... totaled? 427BDC28-7225-48C6-8031-87C31B60A455
Sponsored

Big Lig

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Super, 2018 Jeep Sahara JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol

Actually, I was an insurance adjuster back in 99-2003 before I joined the Navy… where I became a weatherman and learned a lot more about physics and energy (potential vs kinetic for example).

OP
OP
Novi

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak (2-door), 2022 Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That will buff out... On a serious note I would happily buy your Bronco and fix it up! I wanted to replace that weak link already.
I'll let you know where insurance lands on their assessment and how the title shakes out!

OP
OP
Novi

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lol the "twist" you are seeing in the pics is because the front Suspension is on the ground so it's lifting it up. I highly doubt that all 4 corners of the suspension are fucked. I grew up around my dad's body shop and owned a good amount of repairables and they aren't totalling that unless parts are so hard to get that they can't fix it. Looks like mostly LF suspension damage, fender and maybe some miscellaneous parts. It wasn't a solid enough hit to even hit the frame. The fenders got some wrinkles and the bumper and suspension took most of the impact. It didn't even rip off the fender flares when the fender got crunched. Looks to me like it's mostly a fender, spindle and some other stuff. I think O/P wants it totalled.
Yeah good call man, I definitely didn't want this car after waiting 2 years + 1 week from reservation to get it. I only got the little diecast 2-door cyber orange model on my desk because I hoped some drunk asshole would hit it a week into my ownership. Don't put words in my mouth, you have no idea what I'm thinking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Novi

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Being less than a week old, they hopefully have the right insurance and will get back 100% of the purchase price. The buyback is usually 10% of whatever the insurance company paid out. It's a better option than waiting two years.
Good intel

Sponsored

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people do.
I feel like a lot of people care about the status of a title, banks care, dealerships care. Where is someone going to gets parts to repair it right now? I
The insurance company pays for the value, but then owns the vehicle. To reclaim it, you need to buy it (again). It’s a matter of agreeing to how much. The title will be a salvage title, and there are a whole other set of issues that come with that (especially depending on what state).
I know, I was trying to get those that suggested this to state the downside of this process 😉

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah good call man, I definitely didn't want this car after waiting 2 years + 1 week from reservation to get it. I only got the little diecast 2-door cyber orange model on my desk because I hoped some drunk asshole would hit it a week into my ownership. Don't put words in my mouth, you have no idea what I'm thinking.
When I hear people thinking it’s okay to question the OP intentions - I get angry. Through no fault of his—his brand new vehicle is involved in a major collision—the vehicle is damaged and it’s current and future value use are severely Impacted —that’s 100% the reality and the simple fact….debating that it’s okay to have your bronco sideswiped and now you have a motive to total it for “huge” financial gain …people making such statements are jerks —-
your ownership experience has just became worse and you now have another project to get a bronco in similar if not exact condition that you just purchased…I can’t imagine why someone would want to own a bronco without an accident history(read sarcasm) totaled or not …you deserve a brand new bronco without any issues…anything less is “you “ paying for someone else’s mistake. You did nothing wrong so you should be made whole —-the whole point of insurance. What’s next…I am waiting for someone to argue the merits of drunk driving and how fortunate you are to personally experience it…wtf—whatever happened to empathy?
Good luck OP-

OP
OP
Novi

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I hear people thinking it’s okay to question someone’s intentions that through no fault of their own has their brand new vehicle involved in a major collision—the vehicle is damaged and it’s current and future value use are severely Impacted —that’s 100% the reality and the simple fact….debating that it’s okay to have your bronco sideswiped and now you have a motive to total it for “huge” financial gain …people making such statements are jerks —-
your ownership experience has just became worse and you now have another project to get a bronco in similar if not exact condition that you just purchased…I can’t imagine why someone would want to own a bronco without an accident history(read sarcasm) totaled or not …you deserve a brand new bronco without any issues…anything less is “you “ paying for someone else’s mistake. You did nothing wrong so you should be made whole —-the whole point of insurance. What’s next…I am waiting for someone to argue the merits of drunk driving and how fortunate you are to personally experience it…wtf—whatever happened to empathy?
Good luck OP-
Thank you, this sums it up really well

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m felling your loss
Glad you’re safe.
It’s a sad day for team 2 Door.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thankfully my car was parked, so no personal injuries on our side. The car he hit first was a door dash driver, and the guy was thankfully out of his as well. The guy was insured, although I'm not sure to what degree his $ limits are drawn (based on what i saw on his card, he has a pretty good spread of coverage so i'd assume over state min). We have a good policy on our side to cover the difference in the meantime if needed, or let the insurance companies duke it out.

Like others have said, it's just property that's affected at the end of the day. Things will be okay.
Well explained. Good luck with everything!

Sponsored

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
D
Less than a week later, some drunk asshole sped down a residential street, hit a door dash delivery driver's car, and lost control into the Bronco...

The suspension is destroyed at 4 corners, the car started leaking, and it likely has frame and drivetrain damage.

Probably totaled, but we'll see what insurance does. Curious to hear your guys' perspectives. Not sure I can handle waiting another 2 years to get it replaced :(

Ford Bronco After a 2+ year wait, we got our 2-door Wildtrak. And then... totaled? 427BDC28-7225-48C6-8031-87C31B60A455

Depends what did the bronco cost you ?

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd want mine totaled if only because the loss in value - I guess that doesn't matter if he plans to drive it until the wheels fall of.
Looks like that was about a week...
Ford Bronco After a 2+ year wait, we got our 2-door Wildtrak. And then... totaled? 1659640441485

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Less than a week later, some drunk asshole sped down a residential street, hit a door dash delivery driver's car, and lost control into the Bronco...

The suspension is destroyed at 4 corners, the car started leaking, and it likely has frame and drivetrain damage.

Probably totaled, but we'll see what insurance does. Curious to hear your guys' perspectives. Not sure I can handle waiting another 2 years to get it replaced :(

Ford Bronco After a 2+ year wait, we got our 2-door Wildtrak. And then... totaled? 1659640441485

If the repair cost more than the value of the car then it will be considered a total. Sorry OP. At least the 2023 orders open up in September ....

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know, I was trying to get those that suggested this to state the downside of this process 😉
There is no downside to buying it back. If it is fixed and priced properly, there is no downside to buy a car with a salvage title.

Even if you plan to order a brand new Bronco to replace it, you can still rebuild a car with a salvage title for far less than it costs to buy it new. If you are handy and can do much of the work yourself, even better. At the end of it you will have two Broncos. You've already been paid out by your insurance for the full price. The depreciation is already taken care of. Who cares if you can't sell it for the price of new? You didn't pay that price for it.

If you don't want to rebuild it, you will be able to part it out for far more than you paid to buy it back. If you can afford to pay to buy it back and have a place to put it, why not make a little bit of profit for yourself instead of letting some auto wrecker do it?

If it was a really bad accident where you or your passengers were hurt badly, there may be an emotional reason not to do it, but not a financial one.
Sponsored