First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Super, 2018 Jeep Sahara JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is no downside to buying it back. If it is fixed and priced properly, there is no downside to buy a car with a salvage title.

Even if you plan to order a brand new Bronco to replace it, you can still rebuild a car with a salvage title for far less than it costs to buy it new. If you are handy and can do much of the work yourself, even better. At the end of it you will have two Broncos. You've already been paid out by your insurance for the full price. The depreciation is already taken care of. Who cares if you can't sell it for the price of new? You didn't pay that price for it.

If you don't want to rebuild it, you will be able to part it out for far more than you paid to buy it back. If you can afford to pay to buy it back and have a place to put it, why not make a little bit of profit for yourself instead of letting some auto wrecker do it?

If it was a really bad accident where you or your passengers were hurt badly, there may be an emotional reason not to do it, but not a financial one.
There are downsides to a salvage title. The biggest being the inability of repairs in the event it is in another accident. If OP was to spend the time and money fixing it, and another neighborhood dips!t hit it (or worse, an on road accident/off-road etc ) he would not recoup that financial loss. Insuring a salvage title isnā€™t different at face value, but is at claimā€¦
Sponsored

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is no downside to buying it back. If it is fixed and priced properly, there is no downside to buy a car with a salvage title.

Even if you plan to order a brand new Bronco to replace it, you can still rebuild a car with a salvage title for far less than it costs to buy it new. If you are handy and can do much of the work yourself, even better. At the end of it you will have two Broncos. You've already been paid out by your insurance for the full price. The depreciation is already taken care of. Who cares if you can't sell it for the price of new? You didn't pay that price for it.

If you don't want to rebuild it, you will be able to part it out for far more than you paid to buy it back. If you can afford to pay to buy it back and have a place to put it, why not make a little bit of profit for yourself instead of letting some auto wrecker do it?

If it was a really bad accident where you or your passengers were hurt badly, there may be an emotional reason not to do it, but not a financial one.
Yes, buying a salvage title vehicle can have some advantages ...but there are several diadvantages...

Many insurance companies will not provide coverage for a vehicle with a salvage title....most lenders will not finance a salvage titled vehicle, and some state inspectors basically take "extra scrutiny" when doing a state inspection...so there are negatives that should be considered....can a salvage title vehicle be had at a great price ? sure..but no one "wants" a salvage title ...The only time damage equates to more value is the old saying....."chicks dig scars"...that is pretty true imo...Cheers

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Less than a week later, some drunk asshole sped down a residential street, hit a door dash delivery driver's car, and lost control into the Bronco...

The suspension is destroyed at 4 corners, the car started leaking, and it likely has frame and drivetrain damage.

Probably totaled, but we'll see what insurance does. Curious to hear your guys' perspectives. Not sure I can handle waiting another 2 years to get it replaced :(

IMG_3834.jpg
IMG_3835 (1).jpg
IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg
I salute you! I will play the funeral dirge. Hopefully all is resurrected and righted soon enough for you sir. This must be really hard. Hopefully your dealership/insurance get you right quickly!

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, I hope it IS totaled. That is a ton of damage.. Hope your insurance company gives you REAL replacement cost given urrent conditions.

Sponsored

Kerrdawgg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Less than a week later, some drunk asshole sped down a residential street, hit a door dash delivery driver's car, and lost control into the Bronco...

The suspension is destroyed at 4 corners, the car started leaking, and it likely has frame and drivetrain damage.

Probably totaled, but we'll see what insurance does. Curious to hear your guys' perspectives. Not sure I can handle waiting another 2 years to get it replaced :(

IMG_3834.jpg
IMG_3835 (1).jpg
IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg
sorry to hear this

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is so unfortunate! Really sorry that this happened to you!

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OMG that is heartbreakingly bad juju. I'm so sorry!

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If itā€™s not totaled make sure you get and ask for ā€œdiminished value.ā€ A month after getting my F250 some guy rear ended it (hit it at an angle so it got some of the bed) didnā€™t total by any means, did about $1500 worth of damage so I asked his insurance about diminished value and they acted like it didnā€™t exist. Ended up getting $1200 check for diminished value on top of the cost to fix it...not sure if itā€™s been said, didnā€™t feel like reading through entire thread.

Sponsored

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't read the entire thread, but just out of curiosity, why was it parked on the street. Granted, I have my POS E46 from 2002 on the street, but am reluctant to park out there. People suck for sure.

Cpc101

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Subarus and one old Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How are the tie rods so fragile? (Not that it's wasn't a bad hit but I've seen a lot of broken tie rods on these things.)

Mamallama

Big Bend
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IMG_3834.jpg
IMG_3835 (1).jpg
IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg
Get it replaced. Hopefully you have the no depreciation insurance so they replace the full value of a replacement. Call around to dealerships and see if you can get what you had or similar. I never ordered I just called around and got what I wanted, less a few perks, and found one available at a dealership an hour away. I wouldnā€™t want a brand new vehicle with an accent on its history. That would be terrible and bring down the resale value.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll get it from my neighbor and upload to this thread! I'll tag you guys when it's up!
Know Iā€™m late to this tragic situation. Iā€™m so sad for you right now Iā€™m even more depressed than how long my wait has been seeing this.

But, you donā€™t owe anyone an explanation nor do you have to somehow justify the damage to your new ride. It looks bad and you canā€™t drive it, thatā€™s bad enough, then replacing and the insurance makes it a nightmare. Wishing you good vibes.

Sorry that a guy was a jerk to you here. Screw that loser and Iā€™m glad to see that someone else took him to the woodshed for being extra cruel.

People suck ass at times and thatā€™s become more clear in the past 2 years than I ever realized; silly me!

Anyway, hope this works out well for you bud. If I could buy you a case of beer or bottle of whiskey, I would. šŸŗ šŸ„ƒ Well, youā€™re in Cali and all, so maybe some weed for ya! :)

OP
OP
Novi

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak (2-door), 2022 Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't read the entire thread, but just out of curiosity, why was it parked on the street. Granted, I have my POS E46 from 2002 on the street, but am reluctant to park out there. People suck for sure.
Fair question - I had 2 cars in the garage + a home gym. I was in the process of making room for it, would have been 1 month tops before it was off the street.
Sponsored