First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
fragile suspension is a protected frame.

I would be willing to bet OP's car is fine and insurance will be able to save the car.
Downplaying the severity to looking like a shopping cart hit his car to a guy who is upset and worried his car might be totaled isn’t a good look. Just saying.
Sponsored

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Downplaying the severity to looking like a shopping cart hit his car to a guy who is upset and worried his car might be totaled isn’t a good look. Just saying.
it objectively looks like his car was hit with a shopping cart. There is no body damage consistent with a car slamming into the side of his car. I hope you can understand that

jsteph262

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

it objectively looks like his car was hit with a shopping cart. There is no body damage consistent with a car slamming into the side of his car. I hope you can understand that
What kind of shopping carts do you guys have in MD? Never seen one that'll snap tie rod straight in half and break a lower control arm/steering knuckle where I'm from.

Last edited:

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you close your eyes and don’t look at any of the damage from the front or underneath, ignore the punctured tire and Bronco leaning badly, laying on top of the tire. Yes, it looks like a shopping cart hit his truck. I understand now.

OP
OP
Novi

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak (2-door), 2022 Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There's literally a ring video of it hitting the bronco's front tire at a 45 degree angle and pulling it 15 feet down the street. I hope you can understand that damage can run deeper than what appears on the body...

Sponsored

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What kind of shopping carts to you guys have in MD? Never seen one that'll snap tire rod straight in half and break a lower control arm where I'm from.
do you know what body damage is , say compared to suspension damage

My comments are on the fact his body seems almost untouched , some minor bending to the front quarter panel

Not consistent with a car slamming into the bronco. Which is why im guessing the supsension acted like a fuse and snapped all at once and the frame is fine.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There's literally a ring video of it hitting the bronco's front tire at a 45 degree angle and pulling it 15 feet down the street. I hope you can understand that damage can run deeper than what appears on the body...
Can we see it?

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Try to get market price = replacement price out of the insurance and not just MSRP if it's totalled.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, you already know this.... but, that sucks!

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll start this off by saying this is absolutely terrible. As someone who has waited equally as long, and still doesn't have their Bronco, this would devastate me.

That all being said, I don't think there's THAT much damage. What is leading you to believe the suspension "on all 4 corners" is destroyed? From the looks of things, you have obvious front driver side damage, but nothing else. Unless they hit the rear tire which doesn't seem to be the case, the entire rear suspension, axle...everything back there should be fine. The front passenger side probably has some damage from potentially the axle assembly/steering assembly being forced that direction, but I would guess not much else. Looks like the collision sheered the arms off the steering knuckle, and pretty much collapsed everything on the driver side.

Overall I'd guess that you'll need the entire front assembly replaced...shocks, axle, shafts, steering rack, tie rods, upper and lower arms, wheels/tires. Likely some frame-side bracketry that needs replaced as well. Possibly might have some light frame damage, but from the select pictures, it doesn't seem like the panels are really out of whack to think its severe. Not trying to downplay the obvious heartbreak here, but I don't think its THAT bad, and I certainly don't think it totaled

Sponsored

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That guy's just being a tool, he has no idea what he's talking about. I know the body doesn't look bad, but it took a hit from a car going fast enough to pull it 15 feet down the street...
I would suggest placing an order today …start the clock on getting a new one …just in case …if repairs aren’t to expensive or make your rig less reliable long-term keep it but It’s value has definitely been impacted forever. Cars / trucks with 1 accident are often not even considered for purchase by some dealers and private individuals — diminished value should be part of your claim …
Something good will eventually come out of all this happening…easy for me to say…but I believe it will work out in time.
Respectfully-

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yeah that transferred a lot of damage right into the front drivetrain, its gonna be expensive, but I don't think its totaled.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the kind of take only someone from MD who drives like they're from MD could make.

Also, stop being a jerk. Just looking at what was snapped and the leaking fluids definitely says it's more than minor damage. Hope the OP makes out OK from the insurance, at least. Really sucks.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Less than a week later, some drunk asshole sped down a residential street, hit a door dash delivery driver's car, and lost control into the Bronco...

The suspension is destroyed at 4 corners, the car started leaking, and it likely has frame and drivetrain damage.

Probably totaled, but we'll see what insurance does. Curious to hear your guys' perspectives. Not sure I can handle waiting another 2 years to get it replaced :(

View attachment 365913

View attachment 365914

IMG_3836.jpg

View attachment 365916
Bro, I want to cry for you. Seriously. I've been freaked out about this happening to me.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The same thing happened to my F-150 during covid, some drunk asshole drug it down the street then somehow drove home and went to bed. He was my neighbor down the road.

It was completely totaled and I barely got enough to cover the loan left on it. Had to buy a used F-150 to replace it since the new car market is crazy.

I would have the insurance write it off and order a new one. It will never be the same after that damage. You'll have to deal with all the issues it comes with.
Sponsored