Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't necessarily jump to frame damage unless you see obvious indications. If you do have it, some places don't repair the frame like the used to but call for a full replacement. Given that, some insurance companies won't pay for it and will total the vehicle.

Mine was hit in a similar area but not a 45 deg angle but 90 deg (T-bone). It snapped the knuckle. No frame damage so they are repairing the Bronco. For me it has been 3 months in the shop. I would expect another 3 weeks minimum but could be longer.

When you say damage at all 4 corners, can you confirm that or just guessing? If they only hit you in one location I don't see how the suspension components at the other wheels could be damaged.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If it were mine I would hope it gets totaled. Looks pretty bad. Different insurances and states vary, but a car I owned was totaled and the insurance paid the full amount of a similar car. I just had to find some available and forwarded the listings to the adjuster and they paid. Hopefully you can do something similar and not have to wait 2 years.

cbmojo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla/Escolade
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That sucks!!!! Try and take advantage of a bad situation...rebuild with Hoss 3.0 parts...new rack, tie rods and fox 2.5's...will help take some of the sting out of it

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went back and looked at yours. It doesn't look any worse than what happened to mine, and mine is being repaired. It looks like the knuckle on your driver's side snapped similar to mine. That is why the suspension collapsed on that side.

The body damage doesn't look bad at all. Mine dragged down and damaged the door and the rear quarter panel. Unless there is something I'm not seeing, you may fair ok.

Ford Bronco After a 2+ year wait, we got our 2-door Wildtrak. And then... totaled? IMG_4612

Sponsored
OP
OP
Novi

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak (2-door), 2022 Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would suggest placing an order today …start the clock on getting a new one …just in case …if repairs aren’t to expensive or make your rig less reliable long-term keep it but It’s value has definitely been impacted forever. Cars / trucks with 1 accident are often not even considered for purchase by some dealers and private individuals — diminished value should be part of your claim …
Something good will eventually come out of all this happening…easy for me to say…but I believe it will work out in time.
Respectfully-
I appreciate the positive thoughts for sure! Totally agree with your sentiment, was having similar thoughts.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it got the frame=T
If it got into the firewall/cab=T

I can't tell if the crash bar socket is bent down from the hit but if it is and not in the front sectioning area=T

Need to get it on a laser frame measuring table and see how much diagonal is in the frame=T

I hope the person that hit you has the crap beat out of them. That is absolutely horrible to see.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll get it from my neighbor and upload to this thread! I'll tag you guys when it's up!
Try replacing the suspension with the new hoss 3.0 like the other poster said if you can. Very sorry this happened to you and hope can get fixed soon!

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been down the road with insurance enough times to learn some lessons:
  • Never jump to conclusions regarding “totaled“
  • Never believe police or tow truck driver assertions regarding “totaled”
  • The insurance company is the only one to determine “totaled” - and it is really a financial determination
  • The insurance company makes the ultimate decision - fighting that is an uphill battle at best
  • You’d be AMAZED what a good frame & body shop can do. I’ve had cars twisted so bad that the doors won’t close, but when it was fixed you truly couldn’t tell.
“I've been around automobiles all my life. They're mechanical devices. They always let you down. You buy them, you drive them, you break them, you fix them, you sell them. Goods in the market place.”
- Corvette Summer movie quote

Last edited:

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do think it seems like more and more vehicles are just totaled because of how darn expensive they have gotten to repair with all the new materials they use. if it is totaled, does insurance have to give you more than msrp due to that being its market value? then maybe you could go pay adm to replace it

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After repair....I would not keep it. It is my experience that they are never the same after a repair like this. Order a new one and wait it out. On the insurance settlement: You let them know this was a brand new vehicle. A rare hard to get vehicle that you will need to re-order and probably have to wait 2 years to replace. Based on the price increases (about $2,500.00 for the last 2 model years) expect it to go up $3K or so over your MSRP on this one. So do not settle for less than an inflated price on what a new one will cost in 2 years + a little for emotional harm. Or if you find one similar on a lot....nail down a selling price with the Dealer and that is your insurance settlement cost (everything; fees, taxes, etc.)

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Less than a week later, some drunk asshole sped down a residential street, hit a door dash delivery driver's car, and lost control into the Bronco...

The suspension is destroyed at 4 corners, the car started leaking, and it likely has frame and drivetrain damage.

Probably totaled, but we'll see what insurance does. Curious to hear your guys' perspectives. Not sure I can handle waiting another 2 years to get it replaced :(

View attachment 365913

View attachment 365914

Ford Bronco After a 2+ year wait, we got our 2-door Wildtrak. And then... totaled? IMG_4612

View attachment 365916
I lost a close friend to a drunk driver. My younger brother was almost killed by one, and I had two near misses of a DD driving down the wrong way. The Bronco you will get fixed thank God you were not in it.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ugh, this sucks. Sorry. I feel for you guys who live in places where you have to park your vehicle on the street. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I can barely handle parking my vehicles in a parking lot while eating dinner. :eek:

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What kind of shopping carts do you guys have in MD? Never seen one that'll snap tie rod straight in half and break a lower control arm/steering knuckle where I'm from.
Must of been a Costco cart.
Sponsored