Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak (2-door), 2022 Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve been down the road with insurance enough times to learn some lessons:
  • Never jump to conclusions regarding “totaled“
  • Never believe police or tow truck driver assertions regarding “totaled”
  • The insurance company is the only one to determine “totaled” - and it is really a financial determination
  • The insurance company makes the ultimate decision - fighting that is an uphill battle at best
  • You’d be AMAZED what a good frame & body shop can do. I’ve had cars twisted so bad that the doors won’t close, but when it was fixed you truly couldn’t tell.
“I've been around automobiles all my life. They're mechanical devices. They always let you down. You buy them, you drive them, you break them, you fix them, you sell them. Goods in the market place.”
- Corvette Summer movie quote
I appreciate this level-headed take
Sponsored

OP
OP
Novi

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak (2-door), 2022 Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ugh, this sucks. Sorry. I feel for you guys who live in places where you have to park your vehicle on the street. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I can barely handle parking my vehicles in a parking lot while eating dinner. :eek:
I have 2 cars in the garage, was planning to sell one and make space in the garage asap

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry to see that OP. To wait only for this to happen is heartbreaking. Hoping all goes well with this situation! I have no advice and it seems there has been plenty to go around.

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There was a dude here that got hit by a city bus, and I think they fixed his if I'm not mistaken...and his was tweaked so bad the rear door wouldn't close.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After repair....I would not keep it. It is my experience that they are never the same after a repair like this. Order a new one and wait it out. On the insurance settlement: You let them know this was a brand new vehicle. A rare hard to get vehicle that you will need to re-order and probably have to wait 2 years to replace. Based on the price increases (about $2,500.00 for the last 2 model years) expect it to go up $3K or so over your MSRP on this one. So do not settle for less than an inflated price on what a new one will cost in 2 years + a little for emotional harm. Or if you find one similar on a lot....nail down a selling price with the Dealer and that is your insurance settlement cost (everything; fees, taxes, etc.)
Not if he takes it to a good enough body shop. There was one I dealt with back home that worked miracles. Cars came out of their shop absolutely flawless. There was another I used to tow customers to, there were routinely Mercs, Bentleys, and Lambos parked out back there.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry OP- that really sucks! F’ing hate drunk drivers. There’s no excuse for it.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That sucks!!!! Try and take advantage of a bad situation...rebuild with Hoss 3.0 parts...new rack, tie rods and fox 2.5's...will help take some of the sting out of it
This is what I would do! If insurance is willing to write you a check, and you have some skills and decent tools, rebuild it with 2X the capability and still have a bunch of cash in your pocket.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Less than a week later, some drunk asshole sped down a residential street, hit a door dash delivery driver's car, and lost control into the Bronco...

The suspension is destroyed at 4 corners, the car started leaking, and it likely has frame and drivetrain damage.

Probably totaled, but we'll see what insurance does. Curious to hear your guys' perspectives. Not sure I can handle waiting another 2 years to get it replaced :(

Ford Bronco After a 2+ year wait, we got our 2-door Wildtrak. And then... totaled? 7w9baxjkg9y1mvfwjz2qxo5gghbs2s025fqpfwfnn&rid=200w
Ford Bronco After a 2+ year wait, we got our 2-door Wildtrak. And then... totaled? 7w9baxjkg9y1mvfwjz2qxo5gghbs2s025fqpfwfnn&rid=200w

Based on the Broncos value I doubt the repairs will exceed that, so unlikely to be totaled.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. Best of luck to you getting a fair resolution.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow that sucks. If they do total it, check on buy back price. May Be with buying back for parts.

Rho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something with wheels
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reason # Next for living away from suburbia.
Something is bound to happen to something you care about if you leave it in the street.
Best wishes on a speedy resolution.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So terrible. Sorry OP, that’s just a kick in the dick