Sponsored

After ADM's end will you go back to "that" dealer?

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm pretty PO'd about my local dealers and the ADM's they are trying to collect. Between the wife, work and me I purchase a new Ford about every 2 years it seems. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to buy local again, am I alone in thinking to grind this axe for years (or forever)?
Nope, I will not go back. If a dealer tried to sell me a Bronco on their lot with an ADM, I will never do business with them again. This also includes maintenance for any of my vehicles. There are five Ford dealerships near me. As of today, there is only one that will have my business.
Sponsored

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All this animosity toward ADMā€¦ the customers share the blame. Unless a dealer reneged on a agreed upon sale price then who cares? Plenty of people buying them and parking them in their garage just so they can do the same.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer treated me fairly on the Bronco, and as far as I know, everyone else who ordered a Bronco through them has been treated fairly. So if theyā€™re marking up stock Broncos $20k or whatever, I really donā€™t care. I wouldnā€™t pay that much, but if someone else wants to, good for them. Am I supposed to begrudge this dealership for life because I think theyā€™re charging other people too much? Thatā€™s ridiculous.

Iā€™ll give any dealership a chance, and if I like the price, Iā€™ll buy. If I donā€™t, Iā€™ll walk. Itā€™s that simple.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not trying to pick a fight but why is that? Is because the people who bought wild bronco's jumped ahead of customer orders and need punished? OR ???

To me it's the same either way, the bronco was intended to be sold below MSRP, how much is anyone's guess. AT MSRP the dealer makes out like a bandit, there is no reason to mark them up above MSRP at all.
That's what many dealers are doing with all models. If it's a customer order, you get MSRP. If you buy off the lot, they add ADM.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm heard this point before, why does this not apply to ALL Ford's (including customer orders) ? I looked a new Explorer for the company and was quoted $1k under MSRP at the same dealership that had a dealer stock Bronco $15k over. It just seems like people are ok with dealer stock bronco's to subsidize the dealership. That said you're point is fair and appreciated. I'm truly trying to understand the difference of opinions.
because of demand. It's lower for some vehicles and that means they can't ask as much for those. Also because each dealer is in competition with others selling the same product. If there are plenty to go around and demand is low then the price is low. Broncos, Mavericks, and soon Lightnings will be in high demand so prices will be higher. My dealer talked with me about the additional admin ($500) before we completed the sales agreement which they insisted on having before they'd order my Bronco. That's why I was fine with it.

Orders should be a 'sure thing' for both the buyer and the dealer. They should be making a commitment together to obtain the vehicle. Obviously a lot of buyers and sellers don't see it that way. Also remember all of the 'flippers' out there looking to make buck on the rarity. Dealers see that and say, "why can't we get in on that?" I don't like it but that's the way it is.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Surprise ADM and agreed upon ADM are two different things. I think we can all agree fuck surprise ADM.

I don't really care if it's prior agreed upon ADM. This isn't real capitalism because the system has your order locked at a dealership so you can't "shop around". That being said I believe I could have gotten a smaller ADM at my local dealership, or so I've been told by a few people, but they treated me like shit when I walked in over a year ago to discuss reserving a Bronco. I went 20 minutes farther and I'm paying ADM for a Raptor, but the quality of service has been top notch. I couldn't be happier to this point with how my salesman has handled this entire process.

I feel like my ADM bought my better customer service and I can live with that.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not trying to pick a fight but why is that? Is because the people who bought wild bronco's jumped ahead of customer orders and need punished? OR ???

To me it's the same either way, the bronco was intended to be sold below MSRP, how much is anyone's guess. AT MSRP the dealer makes out like a bandit, there is no reason to mark them up above MSRP at all.
There is a Supply/Demand situation you are not accounting for judging by your other responses. Nobody has vehicles, hell go to your local Ford dealer and compare new vehicles on the lot right now compared to you're previous 30 years of buying vehicles. Its a fraction of what it's ever been. Dealers still need to pay for building expenses, salary for all their employees, etc. Now we can argue is "so and so" employee making too much, they're still trying to show ridiculous profits for shareholders, whatever. But it comes down on an elementary level of supply and demand. Not enough supply, and arguably more demand for vehicles then there's ever been.

The reason I exempt reservation holders is for several reasons. First one being that Ford has had a 2 year interest free loan from us reservation holders...as small as it might be individually, collectively its a good bit of money. There's daily stories on this forum of reservation holders having an agreement with their dealer for "x" price, just to pickup their Bronco and have an unexpected markup. That or dealers are being super shady and purposely avoid pricing talks. The reasonable thing to do at that point is switch your reservation to a new dealer....oh but wait, you cant. So now you as a reservation older are stuck at a dealer. The dealer is now the gate-keeper as to whether or not you get your Bronco, and they know you have no other choice but to pay their ADM that they swore you'd never pay. Don't pay it, and they get rid of your Bronco next day to someone who will pay it (reference supply/demand above). Don't mind the fact reservation holders have waited 630+ days.

So do I think walk in's should be punished? No I don't. They have the ability to shop around for what small supply there is on dealer lots for a Bronco and can work out pricing with hundreds of dealers around the country until they find a deal they're happy with. Just like you could have done for the tons of vehicles you've bought previously. I'm happy for anyone who can get a Bronco off a dealer lot at a price they're comfortable with. And for those dealers that are selling their dealer ordered Broncos for well below the demanded price, kudos to them.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
No. Not to punish walk ins but to allow a dealer to make enough money and Profit to stay in business. I donā€™t know how Ford dealers are doing in other areas overall but around here, they hardly have any new vehicles to sell.
I believe that's a misconception as their fixed cost has to be covered by service department. That's their goal as a dealer and that's how it used to be when I used to work for FoMoCo. Car sales should be only for profit.

Therefore, ADM's is only more profits for them.

I really don't know if that changed somehow after 7 years.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Consensus seems to be ADM on stock or abandoned orders is fine, whatever the traffic will bear. On reservations or orders, a "surprise!" ADM is unethical and worthy of a B6G black ball...

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe that's a misconception as their fixed cost has to be covered by service department. That's their goal as a dealer and that's how it used to be when I used to work for FoMoCo. Car sales should be only for profit.

Therefore, ADM's is only more profits for them.

I really don't know if that changed somehow after 7 years.
Fine. Remember though it is profit that keeps a dealer in business. I don't think many would do it for just the service and used car income especially if they only were just above break even.

Sponsored

CJSimmons

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A dealer DID tell me that, one who sold a dealer stock for msrp that and every car/truck I've bought for the last 30 years was under MSRP by some amount.
Yea because lots were full of vehicles and needed to be moved, Ford had massive rebates on vehicles. Now inventory is little to nothing and Ford isnt doing any rebates (maybe 500-1000 tops)

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. Not to punish walk ins but to allow a dealer to make enough money and Profit to stay in business. I donā€™t know how Ford dealers are doing in other areas overall but around here, they hardly have any new vehicles to sell.
I have 5 dealers with 50 miles of me. Everyone has 10k TO 20k Markups. I will never visit any of them again !!!

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can someone give me a list of all the dealers in America who have never marked up one of their in-stock Broncos from MSRP?

You can type their names on this line:

Thank you.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I went in and did the paperwork for my Bronco (MSRP), my salesman said that they marked up their mannequins $5K. I made a comment about some dealerships charging way more than that and he said "there's always been price adjustments, they're just typically in the buyer's favor and not the dealer's - if everyone just wants to agree that MSRP is the price going forward, I'd never argue about it." He also added that, unlike some of the other popular Ford models, Broncos and Mavericks don't have a lot of room between dealership cost and MSRP.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As long as my salesman keeps his word and doesn't try to surprise me with an ADM on my Bronco I will be back. Whatever they do with demos/stock/abandoned orders ain't my business.
Sponsored