First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Expedition King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you may be missing (and maybe to a degree Ford may be missing) is that some of us older customers are buying the Bronco because of the nostalgia it brings us from trucks of our childhood. I get that this thing is a serious off road vehicle and I love that. But to some of us it's also a nod to our past. And to that end things like color and comfort matter. I don't want to retract from the off-road capabilities this thing brings. But I wish Ford would focus on the nostalgia angle a little more. Watching a bunch of rock crawler videos and pics aren't doing it for me anymore. Just my opinion.
Right there with you. I bought my uncle’s 67 Bronco in the spring of 72 when I graduated high school, never should have traded it away. Nostalgia is a huge factor for us who had Gen 1 experience. White grille, white top, simple interior of one color, preferably tan. I would cancel my reservation and wait if I knew a Heritage Package was coming.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
White grille, white top, simple interior of one color, preferably tan. I would cancel my reservation and wait if I knew a Heritage Package was coming.
My apprehension about buying MY#1 is Ford recognizes pent-up demand means they could sell Broncos with square wheels for awhile. Just looking at the shitty initial color offerings, I'm quite sure they're saving the good stuff till later.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I blame the rise in leather seats. All of a sudden, everything had to have black leather in it and the rest of the interior followed suit.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seat covers may solve the seat issue, but the rest of the interior is still an issue. I'm in Northern Cali and it has been over 100 every day this week.

I've had to special order my last 2 cars because apparently everyone loves to drive in heat with black interiors and black leather seats!

Why must I have dark leather to get some simple upgrades. And also, the SPORT seemed to have 2 choices ... an orange accented interior or an Area 51 one, regardless of the exterior color.

67 - 87 Bronco II - 21

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Expedition King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I blame the rise in leather seats. All of a sudden, everything had to have black leather in it and the rest of the interior followed suit.
Agreed, cloth seats seem to have the witch’s curse upon them anymore. Only found in the base trims anymore. Cloth used to be an upgrade from vinyl seats. Was forced into black leather on a 2010 F-150 FX4, still not a fan.

Last edited:

Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WOW - so I just did the Sport build....... I have to agree that its terrible, the poo brown can stay on the sideline
Ford promo vehicle the light colors.... this was just BS?!!

Ford Bronco After all the deliberation, the Interior Color is the real concern 1597496867413

Edit - so I looked at the "build sheet" (quickly) the interior options on a Wildtrak include "sandstone" google shows me on the Ford Explorer below........ soooo looks like we may have lighter cloth option (Wildtrak anyway) if the spreadsheet is accurate

Ford Bronco After all the deliberation, the Interior Color is the real concern 1597497636396

Last edited:

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Edit - so I looked at the "build sheet" (quickly) the interior options on a Wildtrak include "sandstone" google shows me on the Ford Explorer below........ soooo looks like we may have lighter cloth option if the spreadsheet is accurate
The spreadsheet is derived from the website information that was briefly available at launch. It will be very close to what we see in the B&P. Ford has clearly indicated there are other “surprises” so I‘m confident there will be a few things not reflected in the spreadsheet but it’s pretty complete.

In general people would rather complain as opposed to looking at the info that has been available for weeks.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The spreadsheet is derived from the website information that was briefly available at launch. It will be very close to what we see in the B&P. Ford has clearly indicated there are other “surprises” so I‘m confident there will be a few things not reflected in the spreadsheet but it’s pretty complete.

In general people would rather complain as opposed to looking at the info that has been available for weeks.
Some truth to that however in this case (so early on) a forum is the perfect place to express concerns, desire blah blah - hoping (probably naively) that Ford is/will listen.....
Example - in my case I may just be pushed into a Wildtrak because I would like a light interior .... yes the build will be the final thing but we are also here to dream......

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Even in the really expensive cars it seems everyone picks black. I've struggled to get any color other than black, hopefully it won't be so hard with this. I'm actually excited about a cloth interior that wont be so hot.

Sponsored

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess this is the benefit of being to cancel our reservations and wait. We keep hearing “We’re listening”. Maybe a raft of cancelled orders over the poor interior colors available will change “we’re listening” into we are making changes to meet our buyers requests.

Last edited:

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW - so I just did the Sport build....... I have to agree that its terrible, the poo brown can stay on the sideline
Ford promo vehicle the light colors.... this was just BS?!!

1597496867413.png

Edit - so I looked at the "build sheet" (quickly) the interior options on a Wildtrak include "sandstone" google shows me on the Ford Explorer below........ soooo looks like we may have lighter cloth option (Wildtrak anyway) if the spreadsheet is accurate

1597497636396.png
WildTrak also has Sandstone in Leather.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm really sick of black interiors, so fingers crossed they have some choices.

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco After all the deliberation, the Interior Color is the real concern 1597507534527

this really looks like it would be the wildtrak interior. the trim details look like what would fit in a higher end package like the wildtrak. It’s the top normal Trim packages. It doesnt look like what you would have in say a badlands as they are clearly not a vinyl seat. It also has the accessory switches overhead which is standard on badlands, wildtrak and the first edition is all.
Sponsored