Sponsored

After the Bronco, will you ever buy another NEW Ford?

After your Bronco, will you ever buy another Ford due to how Ford has handled/treated this fiasco?

• Total voters

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I lost my taste for domestic cars years ago to their depreciation. However the Bronco brought me back.

Because of the way Ford has handled this, I'm on the border line of canceling my Bronco but I'm undecided. One thing I have personally decided, is I will never buy another Ford.

No I'm not talking about COVID or part constraints, I'm talking about the straight out of lies that Ford has told us.

It went from us being priority with our reservations and time stamps, to some sort of mixed up hybrid with dealer allocations where our timestamps really didn't carry as much weight, now to "the hell with timestamps", we choose are big dealers over the reservation holders.
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

19, that's how many Ford's I have had. I have hardly ever entertained anything else. Until now. #20 is scheduled and planned to be my Bronco. It may be my last unless it is a 2022. I get pushed yet again, I don't believe I will even take my 20th. #19 will be the end. So for now I continue to bleed blue. It's up to Ford if I continue to.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got to say so far I'm a bit surprised at the results. I can't believe it's mostly split between die-hard Ford fans an the hell No's.

Very interesting.

xidex

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
why buy another brand when you are a ford guy? just because you are pissed at them. They may have handled this badly but i still like their vehicles and dont want to ride around in a chevy because Ford ticked me off when i dont like chevy based on i do not like GM quality period. seems silly to me to be in a snit and buy the "other" brand.

i started off as a GM guy, and have given their brand 4 difference chances over the years to see if they have improved and am disappointed every time, every ford i have owned has been excellent, so i will remain a ford guy until they start going downhill like GM did a long time ago.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

NO WAY JOSE!! Their REFUSAL to communicate tells me all I need to know. They don't give a crap about their dealers or us. ANYONE AND EVERYONE can communicate today! They know EXACTLY why my rig remains on dirt mountain for 13 weeks, and there are others older than mine, and yet REFUSE to tell us why. Am I waiting on a new engine? Did the tranny fall off? They track everything, they know my VIN and what is waiting. ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS TELL ME and I'm a much happier guy.

But no. F them. Never ever ever again. (Thanks for asking.)

Sponsored

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never got the whole "Ford guy, GM guy" etc. stuff. Still don't. Make something I like and I'll buy it, it's really that simple.

Reactions: Jdc

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Although I voted "Bleed ford Blue", I might end up bleeding out...

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've long considered myself a devout Ford guy. Although my parents didn't really have much of a brand preference, it seemed to me, growing up, that the best cars my family had were always Fords. The first brand-new car that my parents ever bought, which became my first car about nineteen years later when they gave it to me, was a 1969 Falcon station wagon.

I currently own a Dodge Dart, only because at the time we bought it, that was what we could get. When its predecessor, a 1997 Contour was hauled away, that marked the first time in nearly thirty years that I didn't own a Ford.

Now, I've joined the line to wait for a Bronco, which will be the first ever brand-new vehicle I have ever bought, and probably the only one that I ever will. Any other vehicles I may ever buy, used (most likely) or new, I will surely continue to be biased in favor of buying something made by Ford.

Last edited:

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
why buy another brand when you are a ford guy? just because you are pissed at them. They may have handled this badly but i still like their vehicles and dont want to ride around in a chevy because Ford ticked me off when i dont like chevy based on i do not like GM quality period. seems silly to me to be in a snit and buy the "other" brand.

i started off as a GM guy, and have given their brand 4 difference chances over the years to see if they have improved and am disappointed every time, every ford i have owned has been excellent, so i will remain a ford guy until they start going downhill like GM did a long time ago.
I'd rather walk than drive anything less than a Ford. This will be my fifth Bronco. For me, it's not a box I get inside of to get from A to B,...It's the adventure the Bronco provides, the durability the F-250 provides and the satisfaction of knowing I don't have to walk home.
It seems most people on this site with settle for any box of transportation ( the guys that call it a car) :p . Gear heads get it. Don't settle, get what makes your heart beat!

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your answer is "Hell No" then I am confused why you are still planning to buy a Bronco. What factors are major enough that you will never buy another Ford (including another Bronco), but not significant enough to put a stop to buying a Bronco?

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will say that I would never trust their word with regard to how a new vehicle rollout will occur!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If your answer is "Hell No" then I am confused why you are still planning to buy a Bronco. What factors are major enough that you will never buy another Ford (including another Bronco), but not significant enough to put a stop to buying a Bronco?
This is the only vehicle I want at this point in my life. I want a truck/SUV and have fallen in love with the idea of a soft top. AND the Bronco itself will be a fine fine truck. The MAP folks are awesome, the design team, outstanding!!! Can't say enough for what they've done to bring this to life. It's Ford NONcommunications and nonmarketing I can't stand and will never be on their strings again. So sad. No company has to operate under this cloak and dagger thing anymore. It's just dumb.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't people have to get them first to see if it was worth the wait??? :LOL: 🍿 🍿 🍿

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have always owned Ford products. Unfortunately, I have reached such an advanced age I may die before my Bronco is delivered. So it may turn out to be my last Ford by default.
Sponsored