Sponsored

After viewing the new possible pricing chart, who's deciding between BD and OB?

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI, '13 VW Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was all in on a 4-door BD w/mid, 10A and hard top (grey MIC). But now I'm considering the OB w/MIC hard top for essentially the same price. Could even tack on the modular HD bumper and if I can add a rear locker to the OB for short-ish money that will make the decision even tougher.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ajusaf

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was all in on a 4-door BD w/mid, 10A and hard top (grey MIC). But now I'm considering the OB w/MIC hard top for essentially the same price. Could even tack on the modular HD bumper and if I can add a rear locker to the OB for short-ish money that will make the decision even tougher.
?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s my thoughts today- this can and most likely will change by tonight?
BD with 2.7 AT squatch, tow, roof rails, 45k
BL, AT, painted HT, tow, roof rack- 46k
Wildtrak- no upgrades 47k

these prices are through my dealer Granger with $1300 below invoice..
My initial goal was to stay at 40-42k but now I’m thinking of pushing it up to the WT to get everything I want- I plan on keeping this thing long term and don’t want to say shit I wish I would’ve done this or that. Plus I’m most likely not getting it til the back end of 2021- giving me more time for a larger down payment..

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The biggest thing holding me back from any trim below OBX is the 12'' display. I KNOW that I will kick myself for not getting the larger screen.
You can watch tv at home

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How about you guys?
On Black Diamond....I've been confused since yesterday....why is $700 charge shown for MIC gray top???....it's standard

Sponsored

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hoping they would've asked for comments at the end of the survey, you know, like a real survey. But man could you imagine the poor bastards who would've had to read all the stuff coming from everyone on here haha.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is pretty typical of Ford and most other manufacturers. The lower models, once you add the popular individual options, get you just under the next model up. I do not want Navigation, I do want adaptive cruise. I do not want the 12" screen, I do want to upgrade to the B&O stereo. I do not want carpet, I don't want vinyl or leather seats. I would like the larger front axle and locker. I do not care about sway-bar disconnect and don't think I want 35s (wish I could test the step in and ride/drive). So what will I order? Looks like OB, Hard Top 2.7, Rear Locker, Modular Bumper, Roof Rack Tow package and if the stereo is not available stand alone? Lux package :( Hopefully I can get a good 275/70/18 A/T tire option form the factory. Price? $52k or more based on what we have seen and comparable option pricing on other models. Z plan and $10K down is still $600 a month or more, depending on what finance deals are going. Glad my 17 Explorer is paid off.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The three things I really want for my 2DR Bronco are, aux switches, modular top, and locking rear diff.

All the other stuff is nice, but not something I have to have. Even the base Bronco comes with more than my jeep had, other than the bigger tires.

I've played with Ford's B&P in the past and recently. What I'm afraid of is, when I add the aux switches for example on a Bend Bend, it will throw up that familiar message:

"you have to add X or Y package are you sure you want to make this change"

I've played with configurators from other car manufacturers and Ford's is the least desirable IMHO.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I thought an interesting comparison is:

4D Badlands, no options: $44590
4D Black Diamond+Squatch+auto: $44645

Plus if you want to add 2.7L To BD at that point it's $1900 more, whereas it'd be the full $3500 on BL.
And you still can’t get the high package or a painted hardtop with BD. OB is just too pretty like a soccer mom Bronco.

Sponsored

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I thought I was going to end up with a Black Diamond.

But with 2.7/Mid/Hardtop BD=$43,381
2.7/High/Hardtop OB=$43985

the extra features of the high sells it for me for that little of price difference.

Tech is gonna win out for me. May go lux, but I'm already pushing it as is. It's also absolutely bananas that LUX doesn't come with leather.

edit: I should clarify I'm going off of Granger's $1300 off invoice for base price.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The top is what is holding me back from deciding between OBX and BD. If I can get the white top for BD then that is the way I will go. If not I will go with OBX and add the High package.

OP
OP
Ajusaf

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought I was going to end up with a Black Diamond.

But with 2.7/Mid/Hardtop BD=$43,381
2.7/High/Hardtop OB=$43985

the extra features of the high sells it for me for that little of price difference.

Tech is gonna win out for me. May go lux, but I'm already pushing it as is. It's also absolutely bananas that LUX doesn't come with leather.

edit: I should clarify I'm going off of Granger's $1300 off invoice for base price.
I'm still deciding because I prefer all the extra features that's on BD. I wish they allowed the High pkg to be available on the BD

OP
OP
Ajusaf

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The top is what is holding me back from deciding between OBX and BD. If I can get the white top for BD then that is the way I will go. If not I will go with OBX and add the High package.
Thats another issue, I think on OB the higher price tops are only offered, the opposite of BD, which you can only get the cheaper top (gray top)

Last edited:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats another issue, I think on OB the higher price tops are only offered, the opposite of BD which you can only get the cheaper top (gray top)
Agreed that is the way it looks right now. But I am not a buyer without a white top. To me that makes Bronco a Bronco and not a Jeep.
Sponsored