First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I (patiently?) wait on my BL SAS MT, I'm starting to work on upgrades and I immediately look to the shifter and shift knob. I've searched but not found much in terms of available or coming soon products. Anyone hear of anything? Any vendors on B6G going down this path? I'd be all in on an old-school Hurst-style shift knob like this which integrates with the lock-out collar:

Ford Bronco Aftermarket 7-speed Shift Knob? 1_grande_437ea6c8-2f6b-474a-a235-b34e146c0d1c_grande (1)
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've ALWAYS found a way to mount weighted shift knobs on all my manuals when I drive them...like TWM
The Bronco likely uses a weighted damper at the transmission linkage šŸ‘ŽšŸ»
Iā€™m going to wait to see how the throw is on mine before planning the upgrades. On my Focus ST, I ended up changing the shift arm on the tranny, the shifter linkage in the console, and finally adding a custom-painted weighted shift knob. I set both the arm and shifter to minimum throw and the weighted knob returned the throw effort to ā€œflickableā€. I could easily make the very short shift throws using a finger and thumb and a slight rotation of my wrist. The throws could be done holding the lever instead of the knob, it was that easy.

All that being said, Iā€™m not sure whether that sort of throw is what Iā€™ll want on an off-roader. It may be just fine OEM, so Iā€™ll wait to see. But Iā€™d expect the usual Ford-centric shops to all come up with shifter solutions in the near future.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I did reach out to Epco and sent them the shift pattern for the Bronco and they said they could do it no problem. They can't do the bucking Bronco though, sure someone will eventually.

I'm still on the fence with manual and currently 99d waiting on white top but a color matching shift knob would be cool.

https://epcomfg.com/shift-knobs/

Sponsored
OP
OP
heynow14

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did reach out to Epco and sent them the shift pattern for the Bronco and they said they could do it no problem. They can't do the bucking Bronco though, sure someone will eventually.

I'm still on the fence with manual and currently 99d waiting on white top but a color matching shift knob would be cool.

https://epcomfg.com/shift-knobs/
Awesome!! Hurst knock off it will be. Thx for the info!!
For me itā€™s manual or no Bronco!!!

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a white ball 6 speed with the same pattern ,reverse up im going to carve a slot down from reverse put a c and fill with black paint.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the thread on the knobs now?

mikelicalsi

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone received a custom shifter knob from Epco (see earlier posts on this thread)?

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to rain on the party, but the Bronco shifter isnā€™t just a screw on. The inside is a complicated pocket with a counterbore. The reverse lockout doesnā€™t help things.

the good news is that company is the next town over so Iā€™ll call them Monday. Maybe I can use one of my old contacts from when I had a machine shop to get something together for you folks.

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully theres a solution, tired of waiting for quality shit to be designed and released

mikelicalsi

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry to rain on the party, but the Bronco shifter isnā€™t just a screw on. The inside is a complicated pocket with a counterbore. The reverse lockout doesnā€™t help things.

the good news is that company is the next town over so Iā€™ll call them Monday. Maybe I can use one of my old contacts from when I had a machine shop to get something together for you folks.
Thanks so much. I appreciate the effort. Iā€™m stuck in VA (not too many options here).
Sponsored