Aftermarket angled hardtop / tailgate

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In another thread back before the reveal (that last leak showing the back six inches or so of it in profile), I figured out that the styling of the back end on the new Bronco doesn’t look right to me. There’s no angle to the back glass, making it look more like a Jeep than a Bronco to my eyes. Combined with the lack of a traditional fold-down tailgate, this back end styling is my biggest disappointment and biggest sticking point on committing to buying one.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the likelihood that the aftermarket will provide an angled hardtop and a tailgate conversion? If so, what would you expect these to cost? I haven’t done any research into Jeeps, but does anything similar exist in the Jeep world?

If the 4-door can be bought with a soft top only, and a more traditionally Bronco looking hard top sourced aftermarket, it’d solve half my whining!

For reference, this is the angle I’m referring to on previous Broncos.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket angled hardtop / tailgate 296858F3-63E9-483E-B21A-AB254C804E8C
Ford Bronco Aftermarket angled hardtop / tailgate 4DFC318A-8CC3-4842-A95C-5D93B70554D7
Ford Bronco Aftermarket angled hardtop / tailgate 9640FDFA-53D3-4273-AC7B-7659F7D9A0FC
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree it needs the minor rake. But they had to leave some on the table for the refresh.

good news for you is the standard top for the 4 door is the soft top! So you don’t have to pay extra for a hard top you don’t like.
No clue on the price. Guessing $1500-3k

can anyone photoshop it if you’re bored?

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This reminds me of a topic... About a decade ago (it seems like anyways, probably only like 2 years though), ford released an official teaser of the bronco under a tarp. In this teaser the back end roof had a rake to it - I feel like the bronco we're getting doesn't actually match the bronco under the tarp. That bronco under the tarp had some serious space behind the second row and seemed much closer to the original. I'm not complaining - I love what we're getting. Just wondering if anyone else noticed?

OP
OP
Chaos_273

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This reminds me of a topic... About a decade ago (it seems like anyways, probably only like 2 years though), ford released an official teaser of the bronco under a tarp. In this teaser the back end roof had a rake to it - I feel like the bronco we're getting doesn't actually match the bronco under the tarp. That bronco under the tarp had some serious space behind the second row and seemed much closer to the original. I'm not complaining - I love what we're getting. Just wondering if anyone else noticed?
I hadn’t thought about that picture, but since you mentioned it, here it is.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket angled hardtop / tailgate AF9C0128-F261-449C-9A5D-DB004A6D4BC4
It sure looks like it has the rake, but it could just be the angle from the top to the tail lights since they stick out a bit.

OP
OP
Chaos_273

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree it needs the minor rake. But they had to leave some on the table for the refresh.

good news for you is the standard top for the 4 door is the soft top! So you don’t have to pay extra for a hard top you don’t like.
No clue on the price. Guessing $1500-3k

can anyone photoshop it if you’re bored?
I guess that’s what’s leaving me apprehensive, if I buy the new model and they fix my complaints in years 2 or 3, I’d be so bummed!

And I second the request for a photoshop:D

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chaos_273

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Judging by the lack of replies, it seems not many people think this is as much of a concern as I do, haha.

I did do some digging and found that Jeep conversions exist, so it would stand to reason that someone will figure it out for Bronco.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket angled hardtop / tailgate 6110345E-308A-4C19-A280-959647C02D16

So maybe I can get something like this, and a fastback style soft top or even hard top and be back in business!

Or maybe I’ll hunt for a decent FSB to satisfy my desires, so many choices!

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am not a huge fan of the factory hardtop, especially that the front sections don't merge in a pleasing way with the rear section. Since the Hardtop is a option maybe there will be a aftermarket hardtop that is better looking and more functional

top.jpg

OP
OP
Chaos_273

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I could even forgive the top of only they hadn’t gone sacrilegious and ditched the tailgate. I’ll get off my soapbox about it eventually, but this is what I wanted the back to look like.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket angled hardtop / tailgate 4B7C7BF1-3F11-4FBB-9227-C767CAA7BF9D

Sponsored

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there is a tailgate conversion, I suspect it won't be worth it, unless you found a different place to put the spare tire. It would be super awkward and heavy to put the tire on a traditional swing down tail gate. Aside from it not being like the originals, what is with the hate for the swinging tailgate? To me, it is a non issue.

OP
OP
Chaos_273

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If there is a tailgate conversion, I suspect it won't be worth it, unless you found a different place to put the spare tire. It would be super awkward and heavy to put the tire on a traditional swing down tail gate. Aside from it not being like the originals, what is with the hate for the swinging tailgate? To me, it is a non issue.
in a perfect world, I’d like for the spare to be on a separate swing out rack. Helps relieve the weight being on the gate, and lets you have the best part of a truck, tailgating! It’s a built in table, workshop, etc, and the nostalgia of every previous Bronco having truck roots. It just feels like they went so deep into the goal of beating the Wrangler that they basically made a Ford Wrangler and put a pony on it.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Chaos_273 I'm with you on wanting the swing out tire rack and drop tailgate. Honestly really bummed about that and not so sure about that tow rating.

Does anyone know if the swing gate can be completely removed? Would be interesting to see what a truly naked Bronco would look like.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was kinda hoping they'd do a hybrid tailgate like the Ridgeline that can fold down or swing out.
THIS is exactly the main gripe I have with the bronco. I don’t like that pull out tray. They really could’ve added some tricks to it and made it special
Sponsored