First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 2500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From all of the wheeling Bronco videos I’ve seen, the frame mount for the rear axle lower control arm seems to take a beating. Saw them scuffed up pretty good on the Moab and Rubicon videos on both the 2 and 4 door Broncos tested...so in addition to the standard armor (frame mounted rock rails, full skids, diff skids, etc.) for someone looking to outfit their Bronco for some serious rock crawling, I think LCA frame skids would be a wise investment. I’m gonna have my fabricator buddy see if he can design up skids for the rear axle area of my Bronco when I eventually get it. It looks like the control arm mounts on the rear axle and lower shock mounts could use some additional protection as well. Diff skid would be sweet too :cool:

Do any of you plan on adding aftermarket skid plates to your Bronco? Do any of you plan on weld on rock sliders in the future? Part of the allure of the factory rock rails to me is their modularity...bend one enough you can unbolt and replace it. However I’m unsure of long term rock slider abuse and how that may affect the body mounting points. Time will tell I guess.
I'm definitely wanting some lower shock mount skids
Sponsored