CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so my strategy is i'm getting a BB to save on initial costs and then i want to mod it myself- one such mod would be brush guard. the factory one requires that you get the upgraded bumper and bash plates, which i don't need. in the past i have had aftermarket brush guards mount to the frame- i'm assuming bronco aftermarket ones will mount to frame and not require the modular bumper but what do you guys think?
Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I imagine you could use either the “capable” bumper or the modular bumper found on the BD and BL configurations. Or are you wanting to replace the whole bumper?

I would like to add a low brush bar to either bumper, low so it doesn’t block the “Bronco” on the grill. Something like this, but without the winch:

Ford Bronco Aftermarket brush guards 4D6C88DA-A8FB-44BC-884B-AF0FE266D59D

And maybe a short led light bar attached to it.

OP
OP
CobraKaiSG

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
thanks- on previous vehicles i had brush guards that didn't mount by bolting to the bumper so could keep stock bumper- i have to think someone will make this

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea of what aftermarket brush guards will be like? My wife doesn’t like the factory one from Ford?

Sponsored

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There will be oodles of options. Look at wrangler bumpers.

I'm looking for protection from animal strikes that can keep me running (radiator /cooling protection). There will always be damage from animal strikes (headlights fenders crash bar underneath etc) but a well placed stinger combined with a steel bumper (don't know how goods Fords factory option is) will provide some potential for protection.

I'm encouraged by ford's offering off their hoop (even if it covers the logo). I will be looking aftermarket for something like this below, if not a full bumper replacement.
https://maximus-3.com/home/maximus-3-jl-stinger-bar

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea there will be tons. I'm not a fan of the factory one. Seems like too much money for such a wimpy looking one.
Sponsored