Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want a BD with Lux. Best way I can figure out how to get the things I want, is OBX with Lux (just have to ignore the painted fenders) and optioning the rear locker. I can do a lot of the BD stuff later as I can afford to (steel wheels, skid plates, bumper, seat covers) but trying to figure out how aftermarket bumper would impact forward sensors.

Are they in the bumper? I wouldn't think there's an issue bc you can option the modular steel, but has there been any confirmation of this? Is anyone else going this route with their build? Anything I'm overlooking?

If it's been covered, sorry, new here.
Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want a BD with Lux. Best way I can figure out how to get the things I want, is OBX with Lux (just have to ignore the painted fenders) and optioning the rear locker. I can do a lot of the BD stuff later as I can afford to (steel wheels, skid plates, bumper, seat covers) but trying to figure out how aftermarket bumper would impact forward sensors.

Are they in the bumper? I wouldn't think there's an issue bc you can option the modular steel, but has there been any confirmation of this? Is anyone else going this route with their build? Anything I'm overlooking?

If it's been covered, sorry, new here.
“If” I don’t cancel I’m planning to avoid the mid or higher packages specifically to avoid as many sensors and electronic malarkey as possible. Aftermarket bumpers would be high on my list after a proper suspension lift. So little is known right now but yes I believe the proximity sensors are in the bumper and who knows about the forward facing radar or whatever tech is needed for the silly adaptive cruise control. All that jazz is useless to me. Good luck! Not sure if my comments are helpful but that’s the news from Woebegone. ?

OP
OP
HorizonHunter

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“If” I don’t cancel I’m planning to avoid the mid or higher packages specifically to avoid as many sensors and electronic malarkey as possible....

All that jazz is useless to me.
Worst part is I'm not even doing it for the forward sensors. I want the bigger screen, my wife would be pretty upset if there wasn't a heated wheel, and who doesn't want more charging options...
But if I'm paying for the sensors and the features... Damn packages

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The aftermarket already accommodates the sensors. It's not an issue.
Sponsored