Badlands

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 'deer hit' requirement (Northern Nevada / Lake Tahoe) for a front bumper. I also wanted a weld and no bolts to hold onto the brush/bull bar that I would imagine just shear off in a hit. So, leaning to the Fab Four Matrix full coverage bumper. I have searched through Bronco6g and youtube but really cannot find anyone, might be too new, for customer pictures, reviews, or a video showing all angles, but seems to not stick out too much and have clean lines.

Have a 1 week old 4-Door 2023 Wildtrak HOSS3 Hardtop LUX (reservation 7/20/20) so:
1. Not sure if either deal with the SAS fender lines, the Matrix has only non-SAS mounted pictures and looks like it may be short on the SAS fenders flares or just go against the body and not deal going out the fender flares.
2. Not sure the Matrix center cross bar might block the 360 camera system, they said it would not and the upward on-line picture is misleading... not sure if anyone has screen pics validating it does not.
2. Not sure if the intercooler is vented 'enough' and if I should upgrade it while tearing into the front end?
3. It says it does remount the ACC and parking sensors, since I have the LUX pack, so whitened to see where it relocates it and assume it has to be re-calibrated by dealer?
4. Not sure what do do when I load on close to 200lbs to the front end and loose 1"+ and need to level the HOSS3... Dealer had spacers and can level it without affecting the HOSS3?
5. Also, like that I can add Baja 20" light bar and dual cubes for fog lighting...
6. Also, thought they did a great job at pushing the winch underneath and relocating the winch control box as to have no huge shelf in front of the grill.
7. Also hope they are working on a matching rear bumper at some point.

I am also looking at the ZROADZ Trail.R1 slider/steps since I want some slider protection and have a 9 year old that needs to get herself into the back seats and want as little step on the drivers front side as not brush my pants dirty every time get out, and a rear bumper that looks like it matches the front, but the tube look would work all around. Any help would be great...

Ford Bronco Aftermarket F/R Bumper List, Factory add-ons and Compatibilities with Sensors Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 9.09.12 AM

Ford Bronco Aftermarket F/R Bumper List, Factory add-ons and Compatibilities with Sensors th-1540863444

Ford Bronco Aftermarket F/R Bumper List, Factory add-ons and Compatibilities with Sensors WEB_FB21-X5250-1_SIDE

Last edited:

Sponsored

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here is my video on the Metalcloak rear bumper. Front bumper video coming soon as it’s in my garage ready to go.

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was shipped all in one box impressively packaged up. Still loving it.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket F/R Bumper List, Factory add-ons and Compatibilities with Sensors 84A9B7D1-A4EB-4FC0-ADC8-68B248BCBC8F
How thick is the steel? I had asked this question earlier on when DV8 introduced the bumper and never got an answer. How sturdy is the mounting of the outer wings? The instructions only looked to show 1-2 bolts from what I recall.

I had just ordered my SRQ Fab. when this was announced, but it was a high contender if something fell through there. Great looking rig though and the bumper looks great for sure!

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ChompSticks

I thought I'd update that I bought and installed the ARB Summit Front Bumper and a WARN 8S winch. I'll get around to taking pictures this weekend to post for you.

I would say that camera relocation is easy. I don't have ACC (High Package guy here, not LUX) The hardest part for the install is that it really required 3 of us to do it. One guy on each side holding the bumper up while the third guy was underneath installing. People could probably jerry-rig it otherwise and go for it solo, but I don't know that I'd recommend it.

It is most definitely heavier than the OEM capable bumper.

Overall good experience. Took about 5 .5 hours from soup to nuts (including bullshitting and a drink or 2).
Sponsored