Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point, it is looking like factory fog lights are not available with the modular front bumper. I get a lot of use out of my factory fogs with my Jeep and would like to add something aftermarket that is street legal.

I am also hoping the factory fog light wiring harness and switch is still present so I wouldn't have to use up an AUX switch. It looks like this may be the case at this point based off of this video I have seen people post a couple of times. 2021 FORD BRONCO - Hands-On First Impressions and Details! (2 door Bronco + Bronco Sport)
At exactly 8:30 it looks like the button for fogs is still present.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Fog Lights - Modular Front Bumper 1600149178164

For the lights, the first thing I found was the Rigid D-Series SAE Fog Light. I've heard good things about Rigid and they seem to be moderately priced.

Next thing I found was Baja Designs Squadron-R SAE. I had never heard of this company before looking at this forum, but they seem to make some pretty serious stuff.

Does anyone have experience adding street legal aftermarket fog lights? What do you think?
Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love Rigid lights, don't know if I would call them "moderately priced".....

...not sure about all the wiring detail, you'd have to ask Lonnie- I give him beer and lots of money and he fixes stuff... (y)

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love Rigid lights, don't know if I would call them "moderately priced".....

...not sure about all the wiring detail, you'd have to ask Lonnie- I give him beer and lots of money and he fixes stuff... (y)
Fair enough, by "moderately priced" I guess I meant that compared to a lot of Baja Designs stuff it all seems much more reasonable.

Although, these two options have only a $1 difference.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm also interested in options for fog lights for the modular bumper. Really hoping for something available from the factory.

Don't really care if it uses an aux switch - though if I look over and see a missing control where fog lights are supposed to be, it's gonna bother me...

Also wondering how effective the LED light bar we've seen mounted above the bumper on some of these demo models would work for fog.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love this thread!! Also hoping Ford makes a factory or Ford performance option that doesn’t look aftermarket.

That stock plastic bumper with the fogs and tow hooks that they’ve used in all the press shots looks the best! Obviously the steel modular is more functional though. I would like the best of both worlds if possible.

A modular bumper with end caps w/ fogs that looks like the stock plastic one would be perfect ??

Last edited:

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also wondering how effective the LED light bar we've seen mounted above the bumper on some of these demo models would work for fog.
Light bars are not effective as fog lights. And really shouldn't be used on road. They blind oncoming traffic. Save the light bars for off-road. Plenty of aftermarket fog lamp options.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Next thing I found was Baja Designs Squadron-R SAE. I had never heard of this company before looking at this forum, but they seem to make some pretty serious stuff.

Does anyone have experience adding street legal aftermarket fog lights? What do you think?
I hope the harness is there as well. I'll toss a vote for Baja designs. I have their squadron sports , nice lenses and bright. User replaceable lenses (beam style and color).

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[...]

I am also hoping the factory fog light wiring harness and switch is still present so I wouldn't have to use up an AUX switch. It looks like this may be the case at this point based off of this video I have seen people post a couple of times. 2021 FORD BRONCO - Hands-On First Impressions and Details! (2 door Bronco + Bronco Sport)

[...]
I would *strongly* caution you against assuming they will leave the fog light switch on models without fogs just because this pre-production demonstrator has it. I've never known any manufacturer to leave a button present for an option it doesn't have.

The question should be whether or not the wiring harness will still be present (or mostly present) for fogs, and whether a light switch swap / ECM prog will allow you to add them after the fact.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Light bars are not effective as fog lights. And really shouldn't be used on road. They blind oncoming traffic. Save the light bars for off-road. Plenty of aftermarket fog lamp options.
That's kinda what I was thinking. Just that I know some of the fog lights out there are LED based but designed to put out less light specifically for fog conditions, and with the low placement of that bar, it made me wonder if perhaps that bar might use a similar configuration.

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's kinda what I was thinking. Just that I know some of the fog lights out there are LED based but designed to put out less light specifically for fog conditions, and with the low placement of that bar, it made me wonder if perhaps that bar might use a similar configuration.
If you have the correct beam pattern and it is placed low enough, a light bar would work great. You just can't use one legally on the street.

Sponsored

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would *strongly* caution you against assuming they will leave the fog light switch on models without fogs just because this pre-production demonstrator has it. I've never known any manufacturer to leave a button present for an option it doesn't have.

The question should be whether or not the wiring harness will still be present (or mostly present) for fogs, and whether a light switch swap / ECM prog will allow you to add them after the fact.
Well... I can give one example. My Sprinter van has the switch, but no fog lights installed. They were an optional adder. The switch is even functional as a light comes on (on the switch), but obviously there are no fogs. Completely different manufacturer, but just showing it has been done by others.

I will agree with you that the pre-production model can't be used definitively to suggest this will be true for the Bronco.

To the OP, on my last F-150, I installed a Rigid Industries kit that replaced the stock incandescent fogs with a bracket that accepted 2 of their D series pods on each side. I chose one DOT street legal fog and wired it to the stock Fog light switch and then installed floods in the other slot wired to an aux switch. Worked perfectly. My opinion is that Ford will include Fog wiring with the modular bumper (as well as the stock switch). I suspect they will also include Baja Designs LED options as accessories that will mount to the bumper (one of the 200+)... That's just my opinion/guess though.

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I am aware this is also preproduction, but I am willing to bet ford has an option for badlands/modular bumper purchasers to keep factory wiring and switch for the fog lamps. They might require you to purchase their lighting solution though. For the right price, I would probably do it.

If they don't have the option, I might purchase the harness and switch to replace the blocked off unit in my Bronco to keep the extra AUX switch up top. It will also feel more natural for me to press a button by the turn signal than flip the switch up top.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point, it is looking like factory fog lights are not available with the modular front bumper. I get a lot of use out of my factory fogs with my Jeep and would like to add something aftermarket that is street legal.

For the lights, the first thing I found was the Rigid D-Series SAE Fog Light. I've heard good things about Rigid and they seem to be moderately priced.

It would be good to get this question added to an upcoming Q&A. I'm also interested in knowing how to get fog lights back if I end up getting a badlands. (still deciding between badlands and wildtrak) I REALLY dislike the stock modular bumper due to the winch mounting (which apparently isn't finalized based on a recent Q&A) and due to losing fog lights (which based on the winch answer, maybe also isn't finalized???)

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well... I can give one example. My Sprinter van has the switch, but no fog lights installed. They were an optional adder. The switch is even functional as a light comes on (on the switch), but obviously there are no fogs. Completely different manufacturer, but just showing it has been done by others.

I will agree with you that the pre-production model can't be used definitively to suggest this will be true for the Bronco.

To the OP, on my last F-150, I installed a Rigid Industries kit that replaced the stock incandescent fogs with a bracket that accepted 2 of their D series pods on each side. I chose one DOT street legal fog and wired it to the stock Fog light switch and then installed floods in the other slot wired to an aux switch. Worked perfectly. My opinion is that Ford will include Fog wiring with the modular bumper (as well as the stock switch). I suspect they will also include Baja Designs LED options as accessories that will mount to the bumper (one of the 200+)... That's just my opinion/guess though.
Seems like we are on the same page. I was also looking at people doing something very similar to your F-150 setup on Tacomas and RAMs. Seems to work pretty well.

Not sure where or how I will want to mount the fogs on the modular front bumper on the Bronco, though. I don't want to put them anywhere they could get knocked off, but I also don't want them too high. Final bumper design and getting my hands on one should make that pretty easy to figure out.

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be good to get this question added to an upcoming Q&A. I'm also interested in knowing how to get fog lights back if I end up getting a badlands. (still deciding between badlands and wildtrak) I REALLY dislike the stock modular bumper due to the winch mounting (which apparently isn't finalized based on a recent Q&A) and due to losing fog lights (which based on the winch answer, maybe also isn't finalized???)
Good call on the Q&A. I also hate the way the winch hangs off the front of the bumper. This is something I feel the Wranglers do much better. I could maybe get used to it, but it just looks so slapped on there and I was looking forward to utilizing the factory bumper until aftermarket came out with something better, or I wrecked it doing something stupid fun.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Fog Lights - Modular Front Bumper 1600186378254
Sponsored