Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just by looking at pictures I would assume (and it's really just an assumption) that if you mount up aftermarket fogs on the modular front bumper, it will keep you from being able to remove the end caps as that would be where they would mount. I really hope Ford has a solution to this problem if that is the case.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just by looking at pictures I would assume (and it's really just an assumption) that if you mount up aftermarket fogs on the modular front bumper, it will keep you from being able to remove the end caps as that would be where they would mount. I really hope Ford has a solution to this problem if that is the case.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they could fit where it is believed the adaptive cruise sensor is, on each side of it. Another option, if the winch does hang off the front of the bumper, may be to mount them upside down on the inside of the tow hooks. This should get them low enough and keep them protected. I am just worried about them throwing enough light to each side if they are mounted this way. The hooks may block them.

Worst case, they could be mounted on top of the winch plate in front of the overrider bar. I just don't like the idea of mounting more stuff than I have to that far forward from the standard bumper.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Fog Lights - Modular Front Bumper 1600186978212

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's kinda what I was thinking. Just that I know some of the fog lights out there are LED based but designed to put out less light specifically for fog conditions, and with the low placement of that bar, it made me wonder if perhaps that bar might use a similar configuration.
There are some really good LED fog lamp options out there that put out ready good light and have the correct beam pattern. JW Speaker and KC just to name a few. And I have no doubt they will make factory replacements too.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good call on the Q&A. I also hate the way the winch hangs off the front of the bumper. This is something I feel the Wranglers do much better. I could maybe get used to it, but it just looks so slapped on there and I was looking forward to utilizing the factory bumper until aftermarket came out with something better, or I wrecked it doing something stupid fun.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Fog Lights - Modular Front Bumper 1600186978212
Yeah, I just love the clean look of the wrangler bumper, and the fact you can convert it to stubby and still have fog lights, recovery points and a hidden winch mount. I basically want to figure out a way to adapt this bumper on the bronco.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm also interested in fog lights for the Bronco. The Rigids I installed on my FJ have come in handy sooo many times that I just can't imagine not having them on the Bronco. Highly recommend the Rigid products, and while I don't have any Baja Designs products, I know from the offroad store I have used that they are top-shelf and, obviously, their prices suggest that (far too expensive for me to feel safe installing them within reach of a smash-and-grab or a trail limb).

Here are photos of the Badlands front bumper that I took last week in Colorado. You can see where all the Bronco bolts are in that area that could allow installation of accessories. The bumper wings were removed for the event.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Fog Lights - Modular Front Bumper IMG_2995

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Fog Lights - Modular Front Bumper IMG_2967
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Fog Lights - Modular Front Bumper IMG_2966

As far as placing lights on the wings, I think that problem can be easily solved by using quick-release sealed plugs like DT connectors. Not much different than disconnecting your tow hookup or the electrical connections on the removable doors. I am trusting aftermarket companies to solve that problem via their installation methods. But I agree that Ford should have figured this out for the modular bumper. Add up all the issues with the bumper, from the fogs to the winch mount position, and I think a lot of people are going to end up opting for aftermarket bumpers, too.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fog lights are hard. Why? Well, not every company actually lists "fog" patterns. Only a couple actually list fog but more than not list "spread", which is not fog (fog has a distinct cutoff line). I'd prefer a fog bar but don't suspect that they exist. Haven't found one yet anyway.

EDIT:
Sources so far for fog:
PIAA, BajaDesign, IPF

Actually more than I had thought but the big guns (KC and Hella) aren't playing in the aux fog light game it seems.

Last edited:

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

THIS. Why have a fog light set for the plastic bumper but not the steel one?
The Warn bumper in the interactive garage builder shows integrated fogs - I'm very keen on that model. If that's not the one offered by Ford I guess I'll be waiting for additional aftermarket options.

Sponsored

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR, ‘19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the steel bumper doesn’t come with fog lights I will definitely be adding some Baja Designs lights. I have Baja Design lights on my Raptor and while they are a bit pricey, they bright as hell and can take a beating.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Fog Lights - Modular Front Bumper obnyc

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only problem with this is that fog lights work much better when they are lower to the ground. Those lights are mounted at roughly the same height as the headlamps and a different beam pattern would be better suited here.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only problem with this is that fog lights work much better when they are lower to the ground. Those lights are mounted at roughly the same height as the headlamps and a different beam pattern would be better suited here.

And that’s ugly lol.

Give me fogs in the end caps like the plastic bumper. If you need to take em off for better approach angles with the tires so be it
Sponsored