Sponsored

Aftermarket front bumper upgrades? 360 camera issues?

weezy_jw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How many of you plan on upgrading your front bumper to an aftermarket option?

If so, anyone worried about the Co-Pilot360 implications?
Sponsored

Mr Big

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually don’t mind the front modular steel bumper. I’ll probably keep that and take the end caps off. I will however be replacing the rear bumper, Im not a fan of how big & bulky it is.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I actually don’t mind the front modular steel bumper. I’ll probably keep that and take the end caps off. I will however be replacing the rear bumper, Im not a fan of how big & bulky it is.

Yep, this is also my plan for the same reasons. (y)

You gotta get that back end in shape!

Ford Bronco Aftermarket front bumper upgrades? 360 camera issues? 84954ECA-9634-42C1-BCBD-2743526B518A

Last edited:

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How many of you plan on upgrading your front bumper to an aftermarket option?

If so, anyone worried about the Co-Pilot360 implications?
Negative, might get the optional steel one but idk yet

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No one knows if there will be issues BECAUSE:

1 - Bronco is NOT out yet
2 - And NO one is making a bumper for the Bronco yet

Last edited:

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know Addictive Desert Designs is making front bumpers for the Ranger that have cutouts for the adaptive cruise control.
They'll more than likely go the same route for the Bronco and possibly add something for the 360 camera.
Only time will tell what the aftermarket will do and offer.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But will the bumper also account for all the Sensors as well as the Intercooler? I'm super torn on this... IF forced, I would pick the Capable over the Modular but it's $1k and we are not even sure if it causes any issues (other than the obvious Winch blocking the Camera)..

Ordering is just around the corner and still so many unknowns!!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone spoke to Warn and they stated that their aftermarket bumpers would cause issues with the safety features of the Bronco.

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest worry is not being able to put an aftermarket bumper, winch and lights. No fog lights on the Badlands so have to figure that out along with a winch that does not effect all the sensors. I wish we could opt out of some of the tech on the higher options. I am purchasing an off road rig and not a Lexus.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That is interesting that ADD is making a bumper that will accommodate the ACC sensor for the Ranger because they make about 10 bumpers for the Raptor and none of them will accommodate the ACC sensor. BTW, NO aftermarket Raptor bumper accommodates the ACC sensor.

And if you have a Raptor equipped with the ACC sensor then you will have to relocate it. ADD will sell you that bracket for $250+ which prob cost them $10 to make.

And the ACC sensor is very delicate. Relocate it and get it all wrong and it will not work properly. There are a few guys on the Raptor forum that have issues after relocating the ACC sensor and then visited a dealership asking for a re-calibration and was turned away as Ford will NOT re-calibrate a sensor that has been move to a new location.

BTW ... I have a 2019 Raptor running a SVC bumper and I had to relocate the sensor. I was very careful to measure and make sure all the angles were duplicated in the new location. I was fortunate as my measurements were 100% correct. See pic below. The relocated ACC sensor is above the letters "R" and "D"

There are also a lot of other issues to consider with an aftermarket bumper on the Bronco:

1 - From the Bronco pics that have been posted, I see proximity sensors so any aftermarket bumper will have to accommodate these sensors. BTW the Raptor does NOT have front proximity sensors.

2 - Behind the bumper will be a shroud directing air into the intercooler and right in front of the intercooler are louvers that can close or open (see pic below of my Raptor shroud and louvers ... it is a 1 piece unit on the raptor which I have removed). So the aftermarket bumper will have to make room for these items.

3 - I can tell you with 100% certainty that a few guys will swap out their OEM IC for a bigger one. I did on my 2019 Raptor. So whatever aftermarket bumper you decide on should allow room for a bigger aftermarket intercooler.

there is a lot to consider if you are planning to run an aftermarket bumper. For my bronco I will stick with the modular front bumper as all these scenarios have been accounted for. I will def replace my IC for a bigger one and will most likely remove the OEM IC shroud and louvers as a bigger IC will need the extra space. I just have to figure out room for aftermarket lights.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket front bumper upgrades? 360 camera issues? 1605711106362

Ford Bronco Aftermarket front bumper upgrades? 360 camera issues? 1605711126180

I know Addictive Desert Designs is making front bumpers for the Ranger that have cutouts for the adaptive cruise control.
They'll more than likely go the same route for the Bronco and possibly add something for the 360 camera.
Only time will tell what the aftermarket will do and offer.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Raptor911 Where was the sensore before you relocated it? Was it front and center of the original bumper or somewhere else? I am wondering if you went up and over with the relocation or maybe just up? Seems like the less difference in original location the better of getting everything lined up correctly. All the times I have crawled under my F150 I never thought to look for the location of the sensor, guess I know what I am doing this afternoon.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is interesting that ADD is making a bumper that will accommodate the ACC sensor for the Ranger because they make about 10 bumpers for the Raptor and none of them will accommodate the ACC sensor. BTW, NO aftermarket Raptor bumper accommodates the ACC sensor.

And if you have a Raptor equipped with the ACC sensor then you will have to relocate it. ADD will sell you that bracket for $250 which prob cost them $10 to make.

And the ACC sensor is very delicate. Relocate it and get it all wrong and it will not work properly. There are a few guys on the Raptor forum that have issues after relocating the ACC sensor and then visited a dealership asking for a re-calibration and was turned away as Ford will NOT re-calibrate a sensor that has been move to a new location.

BTW ... I have a 2019 Raptor running a SVC bumper and I had to relocate the sensor. I was very careful to measure and make sure all the angles were duplicated in the new location. I was fortunate as my measurements were 100% correct. See pic below. The relocated ACC sensor is above the letters "R" and "D"

There are also a lot of other issues to consider with an aftermarket bumper on the Bronco:

1 - From the Bronco pics that have been posted, I see proximity sensors so any aftermarket bumper will have to accommodate these sensors. BTW the Raptor does NOT have front proximity sensors.

2 - Behind the bumper will be a shroud directing air into the intercooler and right in front of the intercooler are louvers that can close or open (see pic below of my Raptor shroud and louvers ... it is a 1 piece unit on the raptor which I have removed). So the aftermarket bumper will have to make room for these items.

3 - I can tell you with 100% certainty that a few guys will swap out their OEM IC for a bigger one. I did on my 2019 Raptor. So whatever aftermarket bumper you decide on should allow room for a bigger aftermarket intercooler.

there is a lot to consider if you are planning to run an aftermarket bumper. For my bronco I will stick with the modular front bumper as all these scenarios have been accounted for. I will def replace my IC for a bigger one and will most likely remove the OEM IC shroud and louvers as a bigger IC will need the extra space. I just have to figure out room for aftermarket lights.

1605711106362.png

1605711126180.png
Yeah, the ACC bracket is a $272 option for their bumpers. I only mentioned ADD bumpers because they're one of the few (if not only) that offer sensor cutout option bumpers for the Ranger. It's also because they 'may' follow the Ranger bumper design, to an extent, for the Bronco.

I'll definitely be watching what bumpers they eventually make for the Bronco, but since I'm going Base and don't really care for the modular, I'll be keeping an eye on the aftermarket and possibly buy a take off modular if the aftermarket fails in offering something decent.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
See pic below. It is located behind the plastic piece. You would think that a centered mounted sensor would be much easier to deal with as in calibrate. BUT NO Ford mounted to the side of the bumper because of this, the mount itself angles the sensor back to the center. I am certain at the factory when mounting the sensor they must have some process where they calibrate the sensor.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket front bumper upgrades? 360 camera issues? 1605712903852

When you remove the trim piece above you see this:

Ford Bronco Aftermarket front bumper upgrades? 360 camera issues? 1605712954737

@Raptor911 Where was the sensore before you relocated it? Was it front and center of the original bumper or somewhere else? I am wondering if you went up and over with the relocation or maybe just up? Seems like the less difference in original location the better of getting everything lined up correctly. All the times I have crawled under my F150 I never thought to look for the location of the sensor, guess I know what I am doing this afternoon.

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
does the base bronco even have sensors?

Yeah, the ACC bracket is a $272 option for their bumpers. I only mentioned ADD bumpers because they're one of the few (if not only) that offer sensor cutout option bumpers for the Ranger. It's also because they 'may' follow the Ranger bumper design, to an extent, for the Bronco.

I'll definitely be watching what bumpers they eventually make for the Bronco, but since I'm going Base and don't really care for the modular, I'll be keeping an eye on the aftermarket and possibly buy a take off modular if the aftermarket fails in offering something decent.
Sponsored