Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
It sure seems like a lot of small shops rushed to the Bronco market with total garbage to peddle. There are some great aftermarket parts out there too, but I’m interested in the crap you’ve found that you’ve regretted.

I’ll go first. That Maxzina shade they sell on Amazon is complete trash. Never fit correctly, sagged into the rear row of seats, and was poorly thought out. Ended up sending it back and bought a GearShade, which is perfect in every way for my needs.
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazon is a great place to find all kinds of aftermarket garbage. Fortunately I've been able to avoid shopping on Amazon.
I will say that I was disappointed with the Ford/ Bestop Canvas Bikini top reports that I sold it at a loss before ever installing it. I was concerned about the flapping on the Freeway & could not believe that they would leave big gaps at the front of the windshield.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you mentioned getting parts for your vehicle from Amazon, you basically made your own point.

Outside of household basics, Amazon is the online equivalent of Walmart in 1998.

Parts from your vehicle should only come from reputable companies and either purchased direct or from a shop or vehicle Parts retailer.

And stuff from AutoZone is equally subpar as well most of the time besides buying motor oil and maybe wiper blades.

Come on man, do better! ;)

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Amazon is a great place to find all kinds of aftermarket garbage. Fortunately I've been able to avoid shopping on Amazon.
I will say that I was disappointed with the Ford/ Bestop Canvas Bikini top reports that I sold it at a loss before ever installing it. I was concerned about the flapping on the Freeway & could not believe that they would leave big gaps at the front of the windshield.
That's too bad with the canvas top. I have the Bestop Mesh Bikini Top and it is working well for me. Possibly a different design than the canvas one? The front of the top attaches with two hooks and two loops w/snaps buttons at four points along the top of the A pillar, no gaps are visible. Sure, when you drive there is some movement from the front, but not anything that I would consider a nuisance. Maybe the canvas vs. mesh creates a different airflow...IDK

Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you mentioned getting parts for your vehicle from Amazon, you basically made your own point.
On a similar note (and this should date me), when I was fresh out of high school, the J.C Whitney catalog was my dream book that I spent hours scouring and circling accessories with a marker. LMAO!

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Outside of household basics, Amazon is the online equivalent of Walmart in 1998.

Parts from your vehicle should only come from reputable companies and either purchased direct or from a shop or vehicle Parts retailer.
Use to be like that. Now pretty much every brand, big and small has a Amazon store. Just got to check the sold by name next to the product name. Most vendors on here have a Amazon store. You know what’s great about big brands and Amazon? When the websites are out of stock, Amazon usually has it sitting on a shelf in a warehouse because it was sent to them. You’re a fool if you don’t keep Amazon in the parts search rotation. Lot of times parts are cheaper then anywhere else. Plus free shipping, the best return support, and no restock fees.

Right now you can get the rousch cold air
setup on Amazon for $344 from blue oval industries. Any website, $429.

Arb dual with install kit, $548 from arb. Any website with no install kit, $598.

Arb cooler/fridge? Usually $150 cheaper min off Amazon through arb’s store. Arb knock off cooler/fridge? Half of what arb charges.

Amazon also adjust prices daily sometimes with demand or lack of to clear shelf space. Many instant coupons and discounts offered. Some days huge discounts. Just have to keep checking.

If you want to get deper on the deals lot of Chinese companies that actually make all theses high end products have the exact same version minus the brand name for 40-60% less. Knock off arb dual? $400exact same product. Same model number, same parts, they actually made it for arb. If you put the arb decal and air filters on it, you couldn’t tell the difference and it has a better warranty.

90% of the parts on my truck are sourced from Amazon. Even my diode dynamic leds. my parts are delivered next day or 2 day including Saturdays and Sundays . Returns? Just walk into a ups store. Set it on the counter, they scan my phone, done.

Last edited:

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a similar note (and this should date me), when I was fresh out of high school, the J.C Whitney catalog was my dream book that I spent hours scouring and circling accessories with a marker. LMAO!
Probably even kept a copy in the bathroom? I can relate.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's too bad with the canvas top. I have the Bestop Mesh Bikini Top and it is working well for me. Possibly a different design than the canvas one? The front of the top attaches with two hooks and two loops w/snaps buttons at four points along the top of the A pillar, no gaps are visible. Sure, when you drive there is some movement from the front, but not anything that I would consider a nuisance. Maybe the canvas vs. mesh creates a different airflow...IDK
To be honest I went off others experience & the pictures I saw. Definitely not like the Bikini tops of old. Anyway I'll end up going with a JTOPSUSA Tactical flag
patriot.gif

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bought a shirt from ford and the logo was crooked .. sigh
Jesus, how long did it take to get THAT?

I'd hate to wait a year+ for a T-shirt then have it slip through quality control like that.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

American’s love cheap Chinese shit. We’ll buy garbage if it’s a good price.
Hoping that the love for cheap Chinese shit; which is very true, is a trend that will start to come to an end.

I'd love to see chips manufactured someplace else and lots of other goods that were locked for months at sea in shipping containers or in COVID lockdowns that made all of us feel a bit more vulnerable.

The Bronco is American made, but was held up on chips from Asia, beyond the crisis with the tops.

I'm willing to pay a bit more, but this year has also shown the price sensitivity that we all also have, which Ironically is what led to the cheap Chinese shit to begin with. Crazy world.... :cautious:

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hoping that the love for cheap Chinese shit; which is very true, is a trend that will start to come to an end.

I'd love to see chips manufactured someplace else and lots of other goods that were locked for months at sea in shipping containers or in COVID lockdowns that made all of us feel a bit more vulnerable.

The Bronco is American made, but was held up on chips from Asia, beyond the crisis with the tops.

I'm willing to pay a bit more, but this year has also shown the price sensitivity that we all also have, which Ironically is what led to the cheap Chinese shit to begin with. Crazy world.... :cautious:
Yeah man. My family is making a conscious effort to not buy China’s shit. Its okay American made goods cost more. Expensive items have value. It is really hard to stay 100% away from cheap stuff, but we try. More Americans need to look for alternatives and actually buy American, not just say they try and buy American. Support Americans, and stop funding slavery with your cheap Chinese shit.
It doesn’t even necessarily need to be American made. Other nations make really good stuff too.
I keep reading posts on B6G about how people are buying $4.78 color matched paracord grab handles, or stupid colored shackles for 8 bucks for 8…

Last edited:

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Knock off arb dual? $400exact same product. Same model number, same parts, they actually made it for arb. If you put the arb decal and air filters on it, you couldn’t tell the difference and it has a better warranty.
On this particular point, can you share any reference other than the Amazon page for the knockoff?

Generic clones do happen but what happens more often is counterfeit (and often inferior, 'better' warranty or not)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably should have given it a go before losing money on it. My mesh Bimini has been fine at 80mph.
Sponsored