First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus, Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since I can't get a 7-speed with GPS capabilities, I was wondering if any of you can recommend an aftermarket GPS module - one that caters more to the offroad enthusiast. I've always used Google maps on Android for navigation, so my experience in this market is non-existent.

I am assuming of course there is no possibility of enabling the simple turn-by-turn navigation on the base package 8" touch screen.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just use Google maps from your phone though Android Auto.

I never use built in GPS, too clunky. Always my phone, and now that we'll have wireless AA I'll display it on the big screen.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Garmin Overlander in my Ranger, I like it.

Hoping to piggyback something like Gaia over a phone in our mid package Bronco though.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GAIA GPS for your phone, just make sure to download the area/map(s) of where you're going, in case there's no cellphone coverage. I'll also be buying a Garmin GPS unit with satellite communication, because I plan to be out in the middle of nowhere by myself, so having an emergency line is very important.
But Gaia is really good and I don't know what tech your Bronco trim offers, but if you can display an app from your phone on the screen, that's really all you'll need. Emergency communication not included though, if out of cellphone range.
Sponsored