Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that the FullSwing? How do you like it? Some of the reviews mentioned that it's a beast to install and has some rattle to it.
It does swing out to allow a hatch or tailgate to open. Not sure of the model name. This was their first version and is about 12 years old or so and still going strong. It is definitely not light but its not hard to install by any means. Also Zero rattle.
Sponsored

El Duderino

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4DR MIC 2.0 Big Bend (2.3) A51
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It does swing out to allow a hatch or tailgate to open. Not sure of the model name. This was their first version and is about 12 years old or so and still going strong. It is definitely not light but its not hard to install by any means. Also Zero rattle.
Awesome, glad to hear it. Thanks!

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome, glad to hear it. Thanks!
Just looked it up. Its the Yakima SwingDaddy 4 Bike rack. Only cost $200 back in 2013. Weighs about 50#.

El Duderino

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4DR MIC 2.0 Big Bend (2.3) A51
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just looked it up. Its the Yakima SwingDaddy 4 Bike rack. Only cost $200 back in 2013. Weighs about 50#.
Thanks for the follow up; looks like that specific rack has been discontinued. Scanning the Yakima website it becomes very clear that it ain't 2013 anymore. $200 nowadays might get me a Yakima sticker.

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the follow up; looks like that specific rack has been discontinued. Scanning the Yakima website it becomes very clear that it ain't 2013 anymore. $200 nowadays might get me a Yakima sticker.
Yes. Definitely discontinued. $200 was still a deal back then when Amazon deal of the day was just a single good deal. MSRP back then was still $499 I think.

Sponsored

DubZuc

Base
First Name
Zuc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2 Door Base & ‘23 4 Door Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a stock base model 2 door and just acquired a jetski. I'm looking to purchase a trailer hitch but not sure which size tow ball mount to purchase. I'm new to this so i'm hoping someone can help me? From what i'm seeing, I need to choose ball diameter and drop size...

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your jet ski trailer should have the ball size stamped on the tongue. It’s going to be 2” or 1 7/8”. With your jet ski trailer level measure the distance from the tongue to the ground. Measure the distance from your bronco’s hitch to the ground. Subtract the trailer measurement from the bronco measurement and that’s how much drop the receiver you buy needs to have. If you can’t find an exact match you want the trailer to angle up (tongue higher) by an inch or two.

andyhahn

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate this post, helped me with my decision and install. I went with the Curt hitch and had no issues installing it onto the frame.

PXL_20230413_164559364.MP.jpg

PXL_20230413_175712009.jpg

Sponsored

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found this to be a better option for my towing needs rather than an extension. Clears the spare tire just fine.
CURT 45260 Class 3 Trailer Hitch Ball Mount, Fits 2-Inch Receiver, 7,500 lbs, 1-Inch Hole, 2-In Drop, 3/4-Inch Rise https://a.co/d/57EjeuW

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found this to be a better option for my towing needs rather than an extension. Clears the spare tire just fine.
CURT 45260 Class 3 Trailer Hitch Ball Mount, Fits 2-Inch Receiver, 7,500 lbs, 1-Inch Hole, 2-In Drop, 3/4-Inch Rise https://a.co/d/57EjeuW
As a reminder, any extension will lower the maximum hitch weight. We towed a small U-Haul trailer with no problem at all. A jet ski should be fine.

Reactions: Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As a reminder, any extension will lower the maximum hitch weight. We towed a small U-Haul trailer with no problem at all. A jet ski should be fine.
Thanks for this info and a link.

I am looking to tow a U-Haul with two Harley cruisers behind my WildTrak.

Bike will weigh ~1500 pounds. Not sure about the trailer weight yet.

Will this hitch, in your link, be ok?

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for this info and a link.

I am looking to tow a U-Haul with two Harley cruisers behind my WildTrak.

Bike will weigh ~1500 pounds. Not sure about the trailer weight yet.

Will this hitch, in your link, be ok?
Should be fine. Tongue weight on uhaul trailers is nominal. But don’t put too much weight on the hitch itself. 3500 is max tow weight so the 2 bikes and trailer should be fine. I would be comfortable with it and I’m a cautious person when it comes to towing.

jrm5723

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Question. Is the oem ford hitch for the bronco the same as the hitch for the ranger?
Sponsored