CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so thinking of dropping from OBX to BB because most of the OBX stuff- side steps, led tails are things that i could easily install myself aftermarket and i prefer to select my own rather than get ford's version. how soon do we think there will be led taillights from the aftermarket?
Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so thinking of dropping from OBX to BB because most of the OBX stuff- side steps, led tails are things that i could easily install myself aftermarket and i prefer to select my own rather than get ford's version. how soon do we think there will be led taillights from the aftermarket?
I know a lot of people are apprehensive about this but I think the aftermarket will pick up the slack very soon after launch. I would assume that the aftermarket already has all the dimensions and things to get started creating their solutions. I know this is optimistic, but in my opinion we could see a very big aftermarket presence right at launch.

fara

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am in a similar boat. Originally wanted OBX but now I'm between BB and BD and comparing which is worse - no signature lighting or no vinyl/leather seats. I know it's far easier to get aftermarket lights...just hate how mix and match the trims are.

OP
OP
CobraKaiSG

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i agree and i just dont see the need for me to spend an addition 5k+ to go up to obx to get things like led's and side steps that i can do aftermarket. if this thing winds up being like the wrangler we can get hard tops, soft tops, light bars, etc so no need to add accessories to the amount being financed!

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat, sorta. I think the the Black Diamond trim is the closest to giving me all that I want, with the exception of the LED Signature Lighting (which is an option under Big Bend, but NOT BD. Huh...why??) Every aftermarket headlight/taillight I've ever bought eventually either yellows, cracks, or the clear coat goes to hell and starts to peel/flake (including my expensive Raxiom tails on my Mustang).

I'm not as confident that the aftermarket offerings will be robust for awhile. Each vendor will need a Bronco in-house to confirm fitment, and I'm sure Ford isn't rushing to get them into the hands of competitors when it comes to accessories they also offer as options.

That said, I'm hoping this B&P is a work in progress and will get kinks worked out, and hoping the LED Signature Lighting will be optioned on each trim. Otherwise, I agree with install aftermarket tubes, light bars, brush guards, winches, etc.

Sponsored

fara

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a bummer to hear. Curious which reliable aftermarket lighting brands we can look out for having options down the road...

I'm in the same boat, sorta. I think the the Black Diamond trim is the closest to giving me all that I want, with the exception of the LED Signature Lighting (which is an option under Big Bend, but NOT BD. Huh...why??) Every aftermarket headlight/taillight I've ever bought eventually either yellows, cracks, or the clear coat goes to hell and starts to peel/flake (including my expensive Raxiom tails on my Mustang).

I'm not as confident that the aftermarket offerings will be robust for awhile. Each vendor will need a Bronco in-house to confirm fitment, and I'm sure Ford isn't rushing to get them into the hands of competitors when it comes to accessories they also offer as options.

That said, I'm hoping this B&P is a work in progress and will get kinks worked out, and hoping the LED Signature Lighting will be optioned on each trim. Otherwise, I agree with install aftermarket tubes, light bars, brush guards, winches, etc.

basepatrol5

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Fusion SEL, 1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, I am with you guys on this one. I'm looking at the Black Diamond and the Big Bend, as they seem to be the most cost-effective and offer "almost everything I want." I'm leaning toward the Black Diamond, but it's really frustrating that the BD does not seem to offer the "signature LED lighting" package. I've been trying to figure out definitively whether or not the "downgraded" base lighting has halo LED daytime running lights. If it does, I am willing to live without the signature package, and just install some canbus LED bulbs in the stock tail lights (doing this actually looks sharper than you think, and the failure rate is much lower than installing an aftermarket LED light - I put in LED bulbs into my stock tail lights and stock front turn signals on my current vehicle, and it looks very sharp).

It's super frustrating that they are making these trims so that you can't get what you want unless you buy a bunch of shit you don't. Give me the mid package, plus LED DRLs/halos, LED tail lights, vinyl seats, and the 10-speaker sound system. I don't want to have to pay for adaptive cruise control, pre-collision braking, a 12" touchscreen, a navigation system, and a bunch of other things in the "lux" and "high packages" to to get the things I want.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Changing the halogen bulbs to led for the taillights are a 2 minute job for most vehicles.

bk1287

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am in a similar boat. Originally wanted OBX but now I'm between BB and BD and comparing which is worse - no signature lighting or no vinyl/leather seats. I know it's far easier to get aftermarket lights...just hate how mix and match the trims are.
Been going back and forth on this for a while now and still between the two. Don't know if i'd rather have the signature lights and just get katzkin's or just getting a BD.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any options out there yet? Kind of in need of one. Doesn’t look like I can get one from Ford anytime soon.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket LED tail lights 29589A14-DEE6-4B46-B9CA-FA0D89736B44

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's another thread on just changing our the halogens for LEDs depending on just what guy want to do.

Hyfly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

danimalbronco

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any update on how these are coming along and an ETA?
Sponsored