Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Curious if an aftermarket body/spacer/suspension lift would be covered by the factory warranty IF Ford doesn’t offer one with B&P, and I theoretically have it installed at a Dealer (If they’ll even touch it).

I only have experience with lifts where I never had to be concerned about warranty. Somebody who knows more please enlighten me.

Edit: I meant the remaining factory components after the lift, not the lift components themselves.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious if an aftermarket body/spacer/suspension lift would be covered by the factory warranty IF Ford doesn’t offer one with B&P, and I theoretically have it installed at a Dealer (If they’ll even touch it).

I only have experience with lifts where I never had to be concerned about warranty. Somebody who knows more please enlighten me.
It wouldn't void the warranty. But it would not be covered, and any parts adversely affected by the aftermarket lift would not be covered. A dealership could offer their own warranty, however.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends is the answer. It will likely void the warranty on all suspension components and drive line parts. Possibly transfer case, transmission, and depending on the dealership, and how they can logic it out, the engine.

Typically modifications void the warranty on any parts they could affect the performance of. So with a lift 99.9% sure all modules, electronics, etc. will still be covered. But anything that it can be reasonably argued that the lift directly effected is likely to be voided.

The dealership itself might warranty its work but it's likely that FoMoCo will consider the warranty voided on certain parts.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It shouldn't void the warranty on things like the transmission or t-case.

Diffs may or may not be covered depending on how radical of an angle you have with the prop shafts, but I think most lifts don't interfere with diff function enough to be an issue (unless you are in Hawaii).

CV axles can suffer from bad lifts of shit quality installation and don't expect them to be covered since they are a wear and tear item.

OP
OP
ThatOne911Dude

ThatOne911Dude

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It depends is the answer. It will likely void the warranty on all suspension components and drive line parts. Possibly transfer case, transmission, and depending on the dealership, and how they can logic it out, the engine.

Typically modifications void the warranty on any parts they could affect the performance of. So with a lift 99.9% sure all modules, electronics, etc. will still be covered. But anything that it can be reasonably argued that the lift directly effected is likely to be voided.

The dealership itself might warranty its work but it's likely that FoMoCo will consider the warranty voided on certain parts.
Thanks, that’s what I was thinking. Definitely not worth voiding components.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

No, it wouldn't be covered by warranty anymore than aftermarket wheels would be covered by warranty (or tires, or gears, or . . .). I think the question you *should* be asking is if it would *void* the warranty of the remaining Ford stuff still on the vehicle. It *shouldn't*, unless it can be shown that it caused the failure of one of the remaining components, but depending on the dealer doing the service it's possible they could make it unnecessarily difficult on you even if it had nothing to do with some other failure ("yeah, your lift kit caused the stereo to fail, you need a new head unit").

OP
OP
ThatOne911Dude

ThatOne911Dude

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, it wouldn't be covered by warranty anymore than aftermarket wheels would be covered by warranty (or tires, or gears, or . . .). I think the question you *should* be asking is if it would *void* the warranty of the remaining Ford stuff still on the vehicle. It *shouldn't*, unless it can be shown that it caused the failure of one of the remaining components, but depending on the dealer doing the service it's possible they could make it unnecessarily difficult on you even if it had nothing to do with some other failure ("yeah, your lift kit caused the stereo to fail, you need a new head unit").
Clarified my OP. I meant remaining factory components. Thanks.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking. Definitely not worth voiding components.
As Landcruiser said above. It shouldn't void the major components like t-case, Trans, and engine. BUT if FoMoCo sends an inspector and the dealership/mechanic/Advisor, does a bad job explaining the failure it's possible you end up with a denied claim and it becomes a massive headache for everybody. The Driveshafts, half shafts, CV's, etc. are all at risk and will depend on how the tech and warranty claim writer write it up, and it still may be subject to a visit by an inspector. That's my experience as a former Ford mechanic.
Sponsored