First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if I came off harsh earlier. I'm not some elitist truck enthusiast. I just grew up in the country where lifted trucks is just kind of the thing. I've been around it and in it most of my life and couldn't understand how people wouldn't know this stuff lol.

The answer your question: "When would I have to ditch the Bilsteins and spend a ton of money to get 1 or 2 inches?" The good news for you is that you wouldn't ever have to probably if you really didn't want to. For something as small as 1 or 2 inches, you could very well get away with a couple hundred dollars at most for a 2 inch leveling kit. This would include plastic or aluminum strut spacers or lifted struts. Some even come with new rear blocks if you like the look of your factory rake. You should never go above two inches with a level because you will be putting your CVs and ball joints at extreme levels which will accelerate wear over time and could put you in a dangerous situation if catastrophic failure happens on the road. If you want a full suspension lift to get your 1 or 2 inches, you will spend between $1k (Rough Country) to around $5k (Fox or Icon) and that's just parts not including labor. For 1 or 2 inches, I would stick with a level.
All good, I didn't take offense, I knew perfectly well I was coming in with some stupid questions. Somebody's gotta don't they? :D
Where do you want to go with the truck? Add 37s? The you probably will ditch the Bilsteins. At what point do you have to ditch the Bilstiens? You can keep them if you add an inch or whatever with a body lift. You can keep them with a spacer lift (I wouldn't do that); you can probably keep them with a leveling kit comprised of stiffer springs up front; taking the front up an inch or so....any bigger lift, and you will need new shocks. Stay with 35s and want a little bit more, and you're in good shape. Want to go bigger? Replace a lot of things including shocks.
To answer both of you, I guess I don't know where I want to go with my Bronco, there have been so many different heights shown in all the various photos released without very much solid information to match. So until I have a solid idea of what a base suspension, a stock Badlands, and a Sasquatch truck will look like I won't know if I will even want/need a lift at all.

I will probably never go 37's, 35's are even a stretch. I have been planning to get a Badlands with 33's but with talk of the sasquatch adding travel limiters because 35's don't clear the fenders I may need an inch or two to remove that limiter if I ever go 35's. I don't see a point in buying the model with the disconnecting sway bar if you limit travel, basically cancels out any benefit from the sway bar feature.
Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes via drop bracket. Clearly what you are wanting is a $10k-$20k custom fabricated lift which is nowhere near practical financially when people are already spending up to $70k on an optioned Bronco. Any time you are lifting to the point where you are able to fit larger tires, you are adding ground clearance. And yes, you can take a drop bracket lifted truck off-road just fine as I do it "all the time". And also, no it rides just fine when off-road going through mud, rocky creek beds during deer season, etc. You know, more than most people will ever do with their Bronco. Goodness, lol.
If drop bracket work for you then cool. If you're happy with it that's what matters. It's not for me. Period.
I am not wanting custom fab work on the Bronco..the oppsite in fact which is why I was hoping Ford would offer the myhtical 2 inch dealer installed lift. As time rolls on it isn't looking promising. I've been through adjustable coil overs, UCAs, diff drops.. on other rigs and I'd like to keep this Bronco more factory.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All good, I didn't take offense, I knew perfectly well I was coming in with some stupid questions. Somebody's gotta don't they? :D

To answer both of you, I guess I don't know where I want to go with my Bronco, there have been so many different heights shown in all the various photos released without very much solid information to match. So until I have a solid idea of what a base suspension, a stock Badlands, and a Sasquatch truck will look like I won't know if I will even want/need a lift at all.

I will probably never go 37's, 35's are even a stretch. I have been planning to get a Badlands with 33's but with talk of the sasquatch adding travel limiters because 35's don't clear the fenders I may need an inch or two to remove that limiter if I ever go 35's. I don't see a point in buying the model with the disconnecting sway bar if you limit travel, basically cancels out any benefit from the sway bar feature.
Personally brother, even with the bump stops on the Sasquatch Package, you are getting a lot of capability for $5k. Plus I think they said that the loss of travel when you go to the Sasquatch Package is roughly 10mm. That's hardly anything brother. I know I will be fine with the Sasquatch package but the Badlands with the 33s is just as good. The good news is that you'll be saving $2500 if you get the Badlands without Sasquatch. Plus, the Badlands still looks dope without the Sasquatch package.

Last edited:

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What type of off roading do you do or do you want to do?
I think the 33's on the BL with the sway bar disco is a great starting point.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't see a point in buying the model with the disconnecting sway bar if you limit travel, basically cancels out any benefit from the sway bar feature.
The SBD does not limit travel, it is a seperate bump stop on the Sasquatch.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The SBD does not limit travel, it is a seperate bump stop on the Sasquatch.
I meant that disconnecting the sway bar is to get more travel and then if you limit the travel by adding a bigger bump stop you cancel out some of the added travel you get using the sway bar feature.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see a point in buying the model with the disconnecting sway bar if you limit travel, basically cancels out any benefit from the sway bar feature.
It doesn’t cancel the benefit at all...the stops limit up travel a tiny bit (10mm), not down travel on the IFS. Watch the sway bar disconnect video, and watch that left tire drop when it is disconnected.

OP
OP

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally brother, even with the bump stops on the Sasquatch Package, you are getting a lot of capability for $5k. Plus I think they said that the loss of travel when you go to the Sasquatch Package is roughly 10mm. That's hardly anything brother. I know I will be fine with the Sasquatch package but the Badlands with the 33s is just as good. The good news is that you'll be saving $2500 if you get the Badlands without Sasquatch.
What type of off roading do you do or do you want to do?
I think the 33's on the BL with the sway bar disco is a great starting point.
I don't know what I'll be doing yet. I have a VW GTI right now and on a regular basis I either don't go do something or have to borrow a truck to get there. Weather it be hunting, fishing, target shooting, camping ect. For example I can only go target shooting at my gun club but the handful of spots up in the hills aren't accessible by small car. Most of that the base bronco will be more than capable of but I'd like to get into cross country adventures or some more extreme offroading. I'm not one of those guys who will never take their bronco offroad. I'm guessing the Bronco on 33's will be enough for me but I like the options to have 35's.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't know what I'll be doing yet. I have a VW GTI right now and on a regular basis I either don't go do something or have to borrow a truck to get there. Weather it be hunting, fishing, target shooting, camping ect. For example I can only go target shooting at my gun club but the handful of spots up in the hills aren't accessible by small car. Most of that the base bronco will be more than capable of but I'd like to get into cross country adventures or some more extreme offroading. I'm not one of those guys who will never take their bronco offroad. I'm guessing the Bronco on 33's will be enough for me but I like the options to have 35's.
I think ground clearance is very important and if you are already getting the BL and you want a little more capability with ground clearance then go sas for the extra $2500 and be done with it and stay under factory warranty.
35's are not a small tire and I can't think of any other truck in this segment that can roll off the line with 35's, so it's pretty cool.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your limit to height is the CV angle. In 2019 the Raptors went to electronic Fox shocks. It took Fox less than a year to come out with an electronic aftermarket adjustable upgrade. The down side is the aftermarket upgrade cost $7k plus installation.

The cheesy aftermarket companies will no doubt off a diff-drop type of lift. Basically a spacer that lowers the front diff to reduce the CV angles. Stay away from these. Very bad news for suspension geometry and most require that the factory cross member be cut out.

With proper adjustable struts or longer springs I would expect to get 1-2" additional lift before you run into trouble.

It is possible that there may be a hidden gem with the factory coilovers. On the Gen-1 Raptors the factory coilovers had three height positions. From the factory they were set at the lowest position. The Gen-2 Raptors do not have this feature. However many of the Bilstein coilovers do have it. It will be interesting to see what the Bronco has.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Your limit to height is the CV angle. In 2019 the Raptors went to electronic Fox shocks. It took Fox less than a year to come out with an electronic aftermarket adjustable upgrade. The down side is the aftermarket upgrade cost $7k plus installation.

The cheesy aftermarket companies will no doubt off a diff-drop type of lift. Basically a spacer that lowers the front diff to reduce the CV angles. Stay away from these. Very bad news for suspension geometry and most require that the factory cross member be cut out.

With proper adjustable struts or longer springs I would expect to get 1-2" additional lift before you run into trouble.

It is possible that there may be a hidden gem with the factory coilovers. On the Gen-1 Raptors the factory coilovers had three height positions. From the factory they were set at the lowest position. The Gen-2 Raptors do not have this feature. However many of the Bilstein coilovers do have it. It will be interesting to see what the Bronco has.
Well said.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was looking at portals for more true ground clearance on my 79. Was $2500 a piece. Expensive.
Expensive on a 79 yes for sure, but on a 2021 Bronco 10,000 is just a trim level change lol!

glacierbear

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS 7, Ram 3500, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am sure the quality after market companies will come come up with an improved suspension. What size Tire does the bronco R wear and how much travel? What is your use? Is it really important that you sit 6” inches higher or is high speed performance more important? For me I would rather have more wheel travel and roll on 36” tires than have a 6” lift and 40”s but I’m not rolling in Georgia clay. BTW i think it is impressive that a factory vehicle has 12” of travel and suspect that after market kits will increase this to over 15” with 36” tires.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How high depends on how hard. If you mall crawl, you can have some steep angles and get away with it because you will rarely be under power at full droop. If you actually use it off road you will eat up a CV eventually with steep angles. I'd say 2 inches will be safe. Beyond that, we'll have to see. Above 3 inches and you will spend a lot of money to relocate things.

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My current thought process, while details reveal themselves on the Warthog, is to get the badlands but ignore the Sasquatch package and opt for the 4.7 final drive with the 2.7L (unless that’s a glitch with B&P) then add coil spacer lift to get 37s yet maintain the stock suspension. Once the Warthog is out, I can decide if trading in more practical than just upgrading the suspension. The spacers are cost effective, therefore not wasting too much to later remove and I’ll already have the 37 tire and wheel package.

Thoughts on the spacer route as a legit holdover? Not going crazy off-road. I’m in southFlorida. More about access roads and trails than rocks or hills.
Sponsored