Sponsored

Aftermarket manual sway bar disconnect???

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reactions: 1IH

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I removed the front sway bar this afternoon and took it for a drive. It definitely articulates better up front and under 35 mph it feels comfortable. As the speed increases the body roll definitively starts getting worse. It could be a problem if you have to avoid something on the freeway and expect it to handle like a modern car. My concern is what happens when someone besides me is driving the bronco.

With that in mind I should clearly state that I am not suggesting that anyone remove or disconnect their sway bar because it changes the handling in a way you might not expect.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone know the nut size on the sway bar?

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know the nut size on the sway bar?
Remove oem links- 22mm wrench and 6mm Allen.
Remove nut on oem sway bar link using a 22mm wrench. Using the 6mm allen hold the link from rotating. The top side (sway bar to link) can be a bit difficult to access. Ratchet wrench would be preferred. Both ends require you to hold link with 6mm Allen wrench-remove both oem links before installing sasquatch links

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Remove oem links- 22mm wrench and 6mm Allen.
Remove nut on oem sway bar link using a 22mm wrench. Using the 6mm allen hold the link from rotating. The top side (sway bar to link) can be a bit difficult to access. Ratchet wrench would be preferred. Both ends require you to hold link with 6mm Allen wrench-remove both oem links before installing sasquatch links
Thank you!

White Sasquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When I’m messing with my links this weekend I’ll be sure to take it for a test drive disconnected and find out. They do put them on for a reason but will see.

Still waiting on my ruff stuff pins to show up hopefully tomorrow so I haven’t fully installed these yet but I did revise and added a studded heim instead to get the proper misalignment to mate up with the LCA it’s damn near perfect. Also had to shorten the center sections because I had it a tad too long. If all this works properly I think I’ve got all the parts bookmarked online and I’ll post the links so you guys can build your own too if you wanted. I even found some center sections that are just the right size for cheap.
ADA5A0DD-C902-4DD9-A766-E539CA8CB7E0.jpeg
When I’m messing with my links this weekend I’ll be sure to take it for a test drive disconnected and find out. They do put them on for a reason but will see.

Still waiting on my ruff stuff pins to show up hopefully tomorrow so I haven’t fully installed these yet but I did revise and added a studded heim instead to get the proper misalignment to mate up with the LCA it’s damn near perfect. Also had to shorten the center sections because I had it a tad too long. If all this works properly I think I’ve got all the parts bookmarked online and I’ll post the links so you guys can build your own too if you wanted. I even found some center sections that are just the right size for cheap.
ADA5A0DD-C902-4DD9-A766-E539CA8CB7E0.jpeg
I didn't see where you posted the parts to build these and am wondering if you would please post it? I'd like to build my own as well if possible. Thanks

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn't see where you posted the parts to build these and am wondering if you would please post it? I'd like to build my own as well if possible. Thanks
I never was never able to find a solution for the mount on the control arm that people could order online. They would need to make it to get the right angle. I’ve since just put my factory links back in because those disco’s were a pain in the butt. Give it another 6 months im sure there’ll be more options for us.

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I find it easy to just unbolt the OEM versus paying 300.00
Good to know.
To me, it doesn't look like it's that big a deal to simply unbolt the stock end links.

The vast majority of us that actually off-road have probably installed much more difficult items on our rigs than simply removing/installing a bolt.

I guess we're all reading into it a bit too much since the Badlands has a electronic sway bar disconnect.
When I was choosing my trim level, I had initially gone with the BL (my brother-in-law is from SD and I've visited the Badlands in SD). When I dug deeper into the differences between the BD and the BL I realized they were charging $3K for headlights and electronic sway bar disconnects. I initially went with the BD for that reason. In '23 when they added the HOSS as standard equipment, I changed to that. I also liked the HD steering rack and the cloth interior, so it was a win-win. Plus, I would be able to let my suspension stock.
Sponsored