Sponsored

Aftermarket manual sway bar disconnect???

Gofar

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco 4dr base sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I removed the front sway bar on my Base Sas and plan to leave it off.
It still has good control on the street and Lets the ifs work off-road. I know some people think the world will come to an end if they do it but it's easy to remove and replace, so give it a try.
Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I removed the front sway bar on my Base Sas and plan to leave it off.
It still has good control on the street and Lets the ifs work off-road. I know some people think the world will come to an end if they do it but it's easy to remove and replace, so give it a try.
I certainly don't think the world will come to an end and I am old enough to remember when cars didn't automatically come with sway bars. That said, just how woolly is it? Are you getting lots of body roll and understeer/oversteer on the tarmac? My 2-door basesquatch is already sprung a little on the stiff side for my taste so perhaps it will make it more compliant at the risk of becomign a handful on high speed mount roads or flipping during an evasive move at highway speeds.

I'm guessing it really is going to be a disconnect it and see what I think sort of thing.

Gofar

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I certainly don't think the world will come to an end and I am old enough to remember when cars didn't automatically come with sway bars. That said, just how woolly is it? Are you getting lots of body roll and understeer/oversteer on the tarmac? My 2-door basesquatch is already sprung a little on the stiff side for my taste so perhaps it will make it more compliant at the risk of becomign a handful on high speed mount roads or flipping during an evasive move at highway speeds.

I'm guessing it really is going to be a disconnect it and see what I think sort of thing.
I previously had a 4runner with kings shocks on it that I removed the front SB and it was on the border of being dangerous when pushed on the mountain roads around here. But with the Bronco I forget it doesn't have the front SB, I find the ride is much better.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I previously had a 4runner with kings shocks on it that I removed the front SB and it was on the border of being dangerous when pushed on the mountain roads around here. But with the Bronco I forget it doesn't have the front SB, I find the ride is much better.
That is the feed back that I'm looking for. I'll give it a try this weekend and gradually push its limits to see how it responds. My gut is that it is already stiff enough that that the body roll will be manageable. It's the emergency stuff that really concerns me.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For street you need a sway bar unless your driving miss Daisy.

Sponsored

Gofar

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
For street you need a sway bar unless your driving miss Daisy.
I think the Bronco handles better without the front SB it's closer to neutral than understeer.
The springs are stiff and shock valving is firm enough to do a good job of controlling body movements. I travel the mountain roads of the Sierra daily at a pace that makes most people uncomfortable and I don't regret removing the front SB.

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is the feed back that I'm looking for. I'll give it a try this weekend and gradually push its limits to see how it responds. My gut is that it is already stiff enough that that the body roll will be manageable. It's the emergency stuff that really concerns me.
I think the Bronco handles better without the front SB it's closer to neutral than understeer.
The springs are stiff and shock valving is firm enough to do a good job of controlling body movements. I travel the mountain roads of the Sierra daily at a pace that makes most people uncomfortable and I don't regret removing the front SB.
good to know . Might just take mine off and give it a try .

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is great feedback. I'll post my thoughts this weekend after I remove it.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I’m messing with my links this weekend I’ll be sure to take it for a test drive disconnected and find out. They do put them on for a reason but will see.

Still waiting on my ruff stuff pins to show up hopefully tomorrow so I haven’t fully installed these yet but I did revise and added a studded heim instead to get the proper misalignment to mate up with the LCA it’s damn near perfect. Also had to shorten the center sections because I had it a tad too long. If all this works properly I think I’ve got all the parts bookmarked online and I’ll post the links so you guys can build your own too if you wanted. I even found some center sections that are just the right size for cheap.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket manual sway bar disconnect??? ADA5A0DD-C902-4DD9-A766-E539CA8CB7E0

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
thank you - will be watching.

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

đź‘Ź Very interested. The wait is killing me.

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Oscargrouch323 let me know when you create a page here for them, I’m in for a set based on your preliminaries. Thanks!

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Oscargrouch323 let me know when you create a page here for them, I’m in for a set based on your preliminaries. Thanks!
These are already for sale through my Instagram and you tube. I requested the info to become a vendor here and never got it.

Reactions: 1IH

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I’m messing with my links this weekend I’ll be sure to take it for a test drive disconnected and find out. They do put them on for a reason but will see.

Still waiting on my ruff stuff pins to show up hopefully tomorrow so I haven’t fully installed these yet but I did revise and added a studded heim instead to get the proper misalignment to mate up with the LCA it’s damn near perfect. Also had to shorten the center sections because I had it a tad too long. If all this works properly I think I’ve got all the parts bookmarked online and I’ll post the links so you guys can build your own too if you wanted. I even found some center sections that are just the right size for cheap.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket manual sway bar disconnect??? ADA5A0DD-C902-4DD9-A766-E539CA8CB7E0
🙌

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These are already for sale through my Instagram and you tube. I requested the info to become a vendor here and never got it.
I’ll search your YouTube channel now, what is your channel name please and thank you!!
Sponsored