Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As the finalizing gets closer, what do you think of a dealership preparing decent aftermarket packages ahead of time with warranty and prices that are fair and competitive? From simple things like tint, floor liners, remote starts, etc, up to lift kits, other rims and tires, etc. What would you as the customer like to see offered that may not be an option? Or what would you like to have offered that you may not want to upgrade several grand to obtain? As an example heated leather seats without having to spend a couple grand to move up to get?
Sponsored

CARdiac

First Edition
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 Alpha, MINI Cooper S JCW, TVR 280i
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am interested in tint, but will you do the front windows (yes I know what the law is)? I am interested in side steps, possibly the retractable ones, back seat cover for the puppies and performance exhaust...that is what I can think of right now.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
i personally want katzkin to make us that saddle brown interior we all love (with steering wheel and shift boot) and i want my dealer to have it installed with heated seats ;) My base squatch will then be complete!

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the most frustrating parts about the launch is how Ford is telling us it must control commodities by assigning "delay" or "late availability" labels to some of the most-desired options. If you offered packages that could somehow make up for these impacts, I think you'd have a winner.

Items that come to mind:
  • Leather seat accents/covers
  • Heated seats
  • High-quality electronics (stereo, USB charging, etc.)
  • Soft tops (canvas, mesh, PVC-coated fabrics)
  • Cargo covers/organizers
  • High-quality suspension upgrades
  • Correct wheels and tires for DIY Sasquatch
  • Bash plate sets
I realize you wouldn't want to step on Ford's toes excessively by doing all this, so it might be tricky. And some of this is still hard to compile based on limited access to the vehicle. But I keep thinking I'd be spending much more on this vehicle if Ford wasn't having these commodity issues -- I ditched Lux, Sasquatch and 2.7L -- and the dealers are missing this added profit, too. I think these would be hugely popular if the value and quality were high to the customer and seemed to add back things they originally wanted.

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am interested in tint, but will you do the front windows (yes I know what the law is)? I am interested in side steps, possibly the retractable ones, back seat cover for the puppies and performance exhaust...that is what I can think of right now.
Yes on it all, long as you're aware if you get stopped for tint, it's on you. With the exhaust you've got to technically "take delivery " which translates to drive it off the lot and then come back and we can then do the exhaust. I think the exhaust will be sweet!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the most frustrating parts about the launch is how Ford is telling us it must control commodities by assigning "delay" or "late availability" labels to some of the most-desired options. If you offered packages that could somehow make up for these impacts, I think you'd have a winner.

Items that come to mind:
  • Leather seat accents/covers
  • Heated seats
  • High-quality electronics (stereo, USB charging, etc.)
  • Soft tops (canvas, mesh, PVC-coated fabrics)
  • Cargo covers/organizers
  • High-quality suspension upgrades
  • Correct wheels and tires for DIY Sasquatch
  • Bash plate sets
I realize you wouldn't want to step on Ford's toes excessively by doing all this, so it might be tricky. And some of this is still hard to compile based on limited access to the vehicle. But I keep thinking I'd be spending much more on this vehicle if Ford wasn't having these commodity issues -- I ditched Lux, Sasquatch and 2.7L -- and the dealers are missing this added profit, too. I think these would be hugely popular if the value and quality were high to the customer and seemed to add back things they originally wanted.
Oh I will absolutely step all over all kinds of things for customers wanting to do custom things. Way I see it is shame on a company for not giving all the possibilities. Honestly I understand they can't. My vendors have said (this was a few months back so it may have changed) that they will be a few months after Bronco hits the ground. So probably around when people start taking deliveries since the mannequins will be out a couple months prior to public deliveries. O don't know about other dealerships but I will do lifts, rims, exhaust, wraps, window design etching/engraving, fender flares, tint, leather, etc....

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I will absolutely step all over all kinds of things for customers wanting to do custom things. Way I see it is shame on a company for not giving all the possibilities. Honestly I understand they can't. My vendors have said (this was a few months back so it may have changed) that they will be a few months after Bronco hits the ground. So probably around when people start taking deliveries since the mannequins will be out a couple months prior to public deliveries. O don't know about other dealerships but I will do lifts, rims, exhaust, wraps, window design etching/engraving, fender flares, tint, leather, etc....
Great addition there with wraps and graphics. Old-school stripes are gonna be huge for this vehicle. Maybe I have a trip to MD in my future... ;)

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great addition there with wraps and graphics. Old-school stripes are gonna be huge for this vehicle. Maybe I have a trip to MD in my future... ;)
I'm game, and if you need pix of any vehicles I've done custom work to just let me know!

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If Ford won’t do it, I’d love to see my dealer offer a cold weather package and a retro appearance package.

CARdiac

First Edition
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 Alpha, MINI Cooper S JCW, TVR 280i
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes on it all, long as you're aware if you get stopped for tint, it's on you. With the exhaust you've got to technically "take delivery " which translates to drive it off the lot and then come back and we can then do the exhaust. I think the exhaust will be sweet!!
You have seen my Hummer and how dark the front windows are... Not pulled over in 10 years... For tint at leaat😁.... Damn, now I am screwed
Sponsored