Sponsored

Aftermarket parts availability / timing for 2021 Bronco?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just curious if anyone knows when the aftermarket will start releasing accessories

I’d like to see more options for bumpers, running boards, grill guards, etc
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As soon as they have a vehicle to test fit. So who knows. I'm looking forward to getting real sliders and bumpers. Goose Gear will produce a rear seat delete. There will be a lot of stuff out there, but it will take a while. Most need an actual vehicle to fabricate and test fit.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There will be a lot of stuff out there, but it will take a while. Most need an actual vehicle to fabricate and test fit.
Yes and with no immediately preceding generation to modify existing parts/molds for, it will take even longer than say the current JL Wrangler which had the JK parts bin to borrow and modify from.

djwaly97

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

what are some things you’d recommend getting factory vs after market and vice versa?

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all. I never thought I’d be so willingly selling my 88 first gen 4Runner. I’ve fallen head over heals for the new bronco. I’m looking to build up a family rig for overlanding. I always thought my western state exploration would be in a 30year old 90hp 4 banger. Now I think I can see it all a little quicker with 2 more cylinders, 2 more Turbos and the efficiency of modern AC!? I’ve never experienced a first run of a vehicle before. My question is about accessories. Such as roof tent makers. How long should we expect the aftermarket to take before bronco fitting products are out? I’m interested in some of the rooftop tents that are accessible from the inside of the vehicle. Roofless pop ups like the old VW buses. I’ve read places ford may have one coming out, but I can’t tell if it’s just speculation. I appreciate any comments on the subject. Also, when my dad passed he left me his 96 XLT OJ doppelgänger. I sold it and have regretted it ever since. Hope this gets me back in good with the Blue oval crowd.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But you won't be able to build and price those accessories. It's kind of a "law" thing right now.

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

By September 2021 ?

I think some of the stuff like tunes, wheels and catch cans that can be adapted from the ranger will happen within a few weeks. Bumpers and rock sliders will follow them shortly. Long travel kits maybe 6-8 months. Just my opinion.
It’s very possible that a lot of Ford’s 200 plus accessories will be ready day one.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
By September 2021 ?

I think some of the stuff like tunes, wheels and catch cans that can be adapted from the ranger will happen within a few weeks. Bumpers and rock sliders will follow them shortly. Long travel kits maybe 6-8 months. Just my opinion.
It’s very possible that a lot of Ford’s 200 plus accessories will be ready day one.
I endorse this speculation. I'd bet a lot of the major aftermarket players have reservations, or their employees do, and will get their development rigs when we get ours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the release of Toyota's GT86/Scion FR-S, Toyota was working with aftermarket companies/tuners and provided them with schematics and I think in even some cases, gave them donor cars to test fit equipment.

So at release, there were some parts.

Same with things like the iPhone. Dummy blanks are made or given to companies to create accessories for the phone.

As far as the Bronco is concerned I'd think it'd be the same sort of deal.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

BroncoBC

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man I’ve been solid on the 2 door until I seen this picture. That 4 door is calling my name big league!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think any of the "200+ accessories" will be available to order day 1. This would be a case where Ford has worked with those companies and given them access to schematics, specs, and whatnot prior to launch so they can be ready ahead of time.

Products from other companies would likely take longer, as they've not had access to the vehicle to develop things.
Sponsored