Sponsored

Aftermarket Racks Avail Instead of Factory Rack (Thule, Yakima?)

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone know if an aftermarket only rack like a Thule or Yakima can be attached instead of the factory rack. The factory rack doesn't look like it has a crossbar option and side rails are useless. Saw this picture in another thread and it made me think there could be options. But could the hardtop come on and off at all?
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Racks Avail Instead of Factory Rack (Thule, Yakima?) 1596388506344
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I believe they have Crossbars option. As there listed under First Edition key features.
Screenshot_20200729-190743_Chrome.jpg

Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 10th anniversary rubicon unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard from ARB today. They will be releasing a base rack system for the bronco.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't the Yakima be the "factory" rack?

Sponsored

Spudly

First Edition
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Gladiator Overland, RX350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did they mention timing?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The add-on's being made by 3rd parties that Ford has partnered with will be first to market, obviously. Depending on the agreements between them and Ford you *may* be able to purchase them right away outside of your vehicle purchase directly from them or their resellers . . . or there may be some period of time with a non-compete arrangement to funnel all the sales through the dealers and/or Ford Accessories. Other 3rd parties will bring their products to market but probably much later as they need to have a vehicle on which to develop - and it might be a while before they get their hands on one (or two, so they can develop for both the 4- and 2-door models). So no doubt the usual suspects of aftermarket parts will be developing for the Bronco but it might be quite a while before they hit the market.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking at Front Runner Outfitters to see what kind of options they offered - one of the rare times I've actually clicked on an ad. I actually reached out to them via FB about their plans for the Bronco. They told me they are absolutely planning to offer options for the Bronco - they are just waiting to get their hands on one to get started.

I see they offer a variety of rack styles - including some that mount at the cowl - but I'm curious if anyone here has experience with them. Any good?

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The add-on's being made by 3rd parties that Ford has partnered with will be first to market, obviously. Depending on the agreements between them and Ford you *may* be able to purchase them right away outside of your vehicle purchase directly from them or their resellers . . . or there may be some period of time with a non-compete arrangement to funnel all the sales through the dealers and/or Ford Accessories. Other 3rd parties will bring their products to market but probably much later as they need to have a vehicle on which to develop - and it might be a while before they get their hands on one (or two, so they can develop for both the 4- and 2-door models). So no doubt the usual suspects of aftermarket parts will be developing for the Bronco but it might be quite a while before they hit the market.
It took about a year (after first SEMA) for JT specific stuff to really hit the market. Luckily a lot of the JL stuff fits. My guess is about the same for the Bronco - a year maybe more because the release/deliveries is/are so close to SEMA.

JK

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe a taller rack/side rails that would allow the middle section of the 4 door hardtop to be removed with the rack on.

Sponsored

A1A

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll be getting the 4-door hardtop....I love this rack....still easy to remove the 1st & 2nd row roof panels...I just think this is perfectly sweet!
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Racks Avail Instead of Factory Rack (Thule, Yakima?) ford-bronco-4-door-outer-banks-fishing-guide-102-1597270062

WkndEpic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be getting the 4-door hardtop....I love this rack....still easy to remove the 1st & 2nd row roof panels...I just think this is perfectly sweet!
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Racks Avail Instead of Factory Rack (Thule, Yakima?) ford-bronco-4-door-outer-banks-fishing-guide-102-1597270062
I am also a huge fan of this roof rack configuration as it'll allow me to remove the roof panels for the front and rear passengers. I was at the Bronco Celebration (West) and unfortunately the Ford reps were unaware and couldn't confirm its availability.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am also a huge fan of this roof rack configuration as it'll allow me to remove the roof panels for the front and rear passengers. I was at the Bronco Celebration (West) and unfortunately the Ford reps were unaware and couldn't confirm its availability.
They called it "custom" or some such at the event it was revealed. Hopefully it's in the pipeline.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

KC HiLites will likely have an M-Rack variant for us as well - includes light mounting points on all 4 sides.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It took about a year (after first SEMA) for JT specific stuff to really hit the market. Luckily a lot of the JL stuff fits. My guess is about the same for the Bronco - a year maybe more because the release/deliveries is/are so close to SEMA.

JK
Jeep hasn't changed their design for a decade so of course everything fits. :p
Sponsored