Sponsored

Aftermarket Rear Bumpers with Tire Mount ?

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Two t handle locks, one on each side (one for tire, one for the table and jerry cans)
Yes I see them.
How are they locking and unlocking?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes I see them.
How are they locking and unlocking?
There is a round plate on top that has 2 holes in it that locks it closed or open. It’s dark and the bronco is backed in the garage but I can post a picture of it tomorrow afternoon.

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rockhard 4x4 also has one, which is the one I went with. It is a HEAVY beast but that is the point. I have had it installed for about a month now. No issues. I went with the 2 jerry can mount option. Love the bumper.

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-60301.htm

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Rear Bumpers with Tire Mount ? image
Did you see any droop from the weight of the bumper? My only worry would be that 220LBS back there. Looks great.

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you see any droop from the weight of the bumper? My only worry would be that 220LBS back there. Looks great.
Yes, with the added fuel and water it is about 300lb more than stock weight on the back end. I lost about 2.0 inches in ride height compared to factory SAS. I ended up going with the Eibach coilovers which are adjustable 0.0 to 2.7 inch lift over factory SAS. With the rear Eibach's close to max lift (still have about 0.25 inch left in the shocks), I am now sitting at about 0.5 inches higher than stock SAS. Up front I have a BAMF bumper with winch. I have the front Eibach's set at about half way up on the lift range (0.0 to 2.2 inch advertised range) which brought me close to the factory rake (about 0.5 inches lower in front than rear). I also have the Rockslide Engineering power steps which add about another 100lbs to my Bronco.

Eibach has heavier rate springs they are working on for their Coilovers. They are estimating that they should be out in 3-6 months. I plan on swapping the spring to the HD ones when they are available which should allow me to get about 2.5 to 2.75 in of lift even with all my added weight which will hopefully let me go with 37 inch tires when my factory SAS tires wears out (already have 10k miles in the 6 mo I have owned my Bronco). I will likely also go with an after market UCA when I go with 37s also.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, with the added fuel and water it is about 300lb more than stock weight on the back end. I lost about 2.0 inches in ride height compared to factory SAS. I ended up going with the Eibach coilovers which are adjustable 0.0 to 2.7 inch lift over factory SAS. With the rear Eibach's close to max lift (still have about 0.25 inch left in the shocks), I am now sitting at about 0.5 inches higher than stock SAS. Up front I have a BAMF bumper with winch. I have the front Eibach's set at about half way up on the lift range (0.0 to 2.2 inch advertised range) which brought me close to the factory rake (about 0.5 inches lower in front than rear). I also have the Rockslide Engineering power steps which add about another 100lbs to my Bronco.

Eibach has heavier rate springs they are working on for their Coilovers. They are estimating that they should be out in 3-6 months. I plan on swapping the spring to the HD ones when they are available which should allow me to get about 2.5 to 2.75 in of lift even with all my added weight which will hopefully let me go with 37 inch tires when my factory SAS tires wears out (already have 10k miles in the 6 mo I have owned my Bronco). I will likely also go with an after market UCA when I go with 37s also.
Perfect. Thanks for the info. I like the Rock Hard bumper and spare carrier, but just had concerns about the added weight.
Sponsored